Tyrod's development

Luxy312

I see so very many threads talking about the wins and losses for this Buffalo team. They also talk about beating the Patriots (long overdue) and the defense. What little I read about is how people feel about Taylor's development. The one thing that I saw today and I'm pretty sure I want to see more of it, is that he's starting to make those middle of the field throws and reads that he wasn't seeing before. This is not a little deal, but a BIG FN deal. Beli-cheat took away the long ball and the short screens and said basically "beat me in the middle". Tyrod up until today was completely incapable of doing that. Now at least we have a work in progress. Mid-game, he was genius. Early and late, reverted to checkdown stuff, but he's making some throws. That, all by itself presents optimism for the season.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod looked a lot better in the first half. Think some of their adjustments shut TT down in the second, but we still moved the ball OK and the defense was lights out so it all worked out for us in the end. Still need to see him stepping up into more of his throws, or at least set his feet properly. But to your point, he is definitely looking improved over the first couple weeks.

He definitely did some good things but we scored one td. He is very inconsistent. I would not be comfortable paying big money to a guy who has passed for under 150 yards in 2 out of 4 games.

Good news is he has 12 (hopefully more) to prove to be more of a franchise qb. He needs to get much better in the big boy qb areas, the middle of the field and the red zone.

I'm not sure if we beat the Pats and Brady with one td.

He needs to get better yet, even better than he played today. If he doesn't, he won't lead any team anywhere special.

He was making plays, but the way in which he made them doesn't instill confidence in you that he can keep making those plays consistently. I think that is why a lot of people are hesitant to go all in on him as the Bills franchise QB.

I wish he would develop better as a pocket passer so that he was a more complete QB. If he did, he could really be an elite QB. As he is now, he is flashy good and sometimes flashy bad.

Edited by PolishDave

He definitely did some good things but we scored one td. He is very inconsistent. I would not be comfortable paying big money to a guy who has passed for under 150 yards in 2 out of 4 games.

Good news is he has 12 (hopefully more) to prove to be more of a franchise qb. He needs to get much better in the big boy qb areas, the middle of the field and the red zone.

We may not have, but we are also down a Dareus and a Watkins.

Do we beat the Pats and Brady though with one td and Ragland, Dareus, Watkins, and Lawson? I would call all those guys pretty good talent. That said in terms of Ragland, Preston Brown was a fierce beast today.

What would you be comfortable paying a feature back with 70 or fewer rushing yards in 3 of the 4 games?

What would you be comfortable paying a feature back with 70 or fewer rushing yards in 3 of the 4 games?

You mean the feature backs that is the first player DCs game plan to stop? But yup, I'd take 350+ total yards and 4 tds from my feature back on a team that struggles to pass the ball.

I also don't think you can rate Tyrod versus other quarterbacks straight up on passing because of so many things he does with his feet. He can have crappier passing stats and yet have a better quarterback game than someone with better stats.

Why can't you compare him to Newton or Russell? And the risk with rushing as a qb is exposing yourself to injury.

If teams didn't fear your passing attack, it totally affects the entire offense. That said, Taylor did some very good things today. Now he needs to be consistent and finish off drives with tds.

He converted several 3rd and longs today with some clutch scrambling and passing. Threw some away on some other scrambles. I thought he played well. Woudlve liked to put the pedal to the metal a bit more in the 2nd half. But we won 2 without Sammy, and woods and clay both had a few nice 1st down plays, and we outsmarted them in the red zone. Can't really complain.

15 passing 1st downs. May be the same amount we had in weeks 1-3

Edited by dneveu

Solid B+ performance. He made some very good throws and missed four or so. He was high or long on those throws. They could and should have put up 30 on this team today. Still NE has a solid defense. No turnovers. Played well with the lead. Ran the ball well.

Just keep getting better.

Would I like to see him paid less and use that money elsewhere. Yes but that is just not how it works.

You mean the feature backs that is the first player DCs game plan to stop? But yup, I'd take 350+ total yards and 4 tds from my feature back on a team that struggles to pass the ball.

Why can't you compare him to Newton or Russell? And the risk with rushing as a qb is exposing yourself to injury.

If teams didn't fear your passing attack, it totally affects the entire offense. That said, Taylor did some very good things today. Now he needs to be consistent and finish off drives with tds.

Yes, Wilson and Cam also fit in that group.

The point is that Tyrod detractors (not meaning you) often don't take the good with the bad, they only say he cannot be a real QB because he doesn't throw for 300 yards or whatever. But they just ignore the plays where, because he's Tyrod, he escapes the rush incredibly and then completes a 10 yard pass. When 95% of all other QBs get sacked or an incompletion on that play.

If you are arguing that your feature back's a significant asset as a receiver, you should be able to accept the value of TT as the team's second leading rusher.

The lack of turnovers is a very underrated part of his game. Tyrod takes care of the ball. Even more important as a winning combination if the D keeps up the quality play of the last 2 weeks.

There are still doubts if he can progress to the next level, but many QBs make many more mistakes as they are learning and gaining experience

Do we beat the Pats and Brady though with one td and Ragland, Dareus, Watkins, and Lawson? I would call all those guys pretty good talent. That said in terms of Ragland, Preston Brown was a fierce beast today.

I think you mean Zach Brown