Jairus Byrd Benched in New Orleans

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when he played he was decent. No INTs for the longest time. But a very good ballhawk.

How was his tackling ?

His tackling was great. You may not like him, but that doesn't change the fact that he was a great player with the Bills and earned a large contract. What happened in NO is irrelevant to his career in Buffalo.

His tackling was great. You may not like him, but that doesn't change the fact that he was a great player with the Bills and earned a large contract. What happened in NO is irrelevant to his career in Buffalo.

True. Just glad it wasn't with the Bills.

In a passing league, who cares how great your FS is in run support? His bread and butter was turnovers and big plays. And he's not getting them in NO.

He had 9 picks his first year. About 6 of them were over throws and tips. Good plays none the less but I remember several times he went for the TO and missed ending up with a big play.

Right move to let him walk

Yea I believe talk was that we had offers out to both spiller and Byrd. Spiller at like 4-5m and Byrd at 7-8m going off memory?

That sounds right to me. Whaley's said it countless times, they put a value on a player and try to work out a deal. If they want too much more, it doesn't get done.

I think they've done a very good job with their contracts recently. They aren't all perfect, but nothing too horrible. Maybe a little too much to McCoy, Hughes is currently a steal, Kyle is a decent number, Clay maybe a tad high, etc.

Clay's contract like Hogan's was structured to make it very difficult for original team to match which is how front offices play the game now. The value is not just in the player but what resources you take from amother team in same division.

Byrd was soft and I think he got bad advice from agent which made him softer thinking he could call in sick whenever he was not in mood to play.