Around the league Week 4

YoloinOhio

Believe it or not, JAX has given up 7th fewest passing yards per game so far. 9th in passing yards per play, and 17th in INT rate. Their pass defense has been pretty solid.

They're also 8th overall in yards per game. Their points per game is a lot lower ranked, but that's largely because Bortles has been throwing ducks in the first half of games this year.

my bad I had watched them play, and came to the conclusion they had to be the worst. Mea culpa that statistically they aren't.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a stat that before this game, he only had 3 first quarter td passes in his career. He is the king of garbage time and a much better fantasy qb than real one.

By my count looking at situational stats on NFL.com he is over 20 1st quarter tds

Well, a game now

By my count looking at situational stats on NFL.com he is over 20 1st quarter tds

Well, a game now

Are you talking about Blake Bortles? Because I just double checked it, and before today, he only had 3 1st quarter tds in his career. Mike Lombardi said it on Bill Simmons' podcast.

Are you talking about Blake Bortles? Because I just double checked it, and before today, he only had 3 1st quarter tds in his career. Mike Lombardi said it on Bill Simmons' podcast.

I totally blew who you were talking about with that one! That makes WAY more sense.

How the hell did that play score

Sorry if I framed it the wrong way. Luck is in a different world than Bortles.

No - totally my fault. I think with the luck negativity around here I didn't really pay attention to what you quoted. Plus, there shouldn't be football in the morning.

What's more ridiculous - the colts allowing that last TD or the jags letting a guy get behind them here?

What terrible awareness. Really bad football this morning.

Manage to burn about 10 seconds and leave them 2 timeouts.... that's how bad plays like 1st down spiral into losing games

Regardless of outcome it's a major odds shift