Bills Awarded WR Justin Hunter from Waivers

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Place Hunter as the #2. Powell #1 and Woods for #3 in the slot.

Hunter > Watkins.

He's 6ft 4 and has a 78 inch wing span.

He can actually go up to get the ball.

Im sorry Watkins lovers, but he's a bust.

You should be sorry because this is just nonsensical.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Hunter > Watkins.

:lol:

I hope Hunter can help the bills this season

I'm sorry - he's not better than Sammy Watkins.

Hunter > Watkins.

The craziness has really taken over. Hunter has AJ Green's body, but Hunter has sucked--which is the reason he was available.

Face it. Sammy's played his last game as a Bill.

I'm resigned to it. If by some remote chance he does ever come back that'll be gravy.

This has to be sarcasm

and no....Hunter is not better then Sammy who has ALL WORLD talent

but

That does not mean that Hunter cannot be a good WR for us.....the search for the number 2 is on

he is out for 2.5 years?

Lol ... The doom and gloom is amazing. Everyone is an expert ready to declare an absolute. How about we wait and see what happens ? It's likely SW plays again this season. Much more likely than SW has played his last game as a Bill.

The hilarity is that they act like he is a bust, but in reality he makes the team better. He just needs to get healthy. Bills fans don't have time to be waiting for our good players to get healthy though! We need to just break it off with Sammy and we need to get all pros like justin hunter on the field to replace that slacker!

#noplayoffs=sammyisabust

#idontcarewhatthetapeshows

#whathaveyoudoneformelately

Edited by What a Tuel

Because he's not released yet? And he's going to rehab?

And then he's going to be suspended and ultimately banned for life. Josh Gordon is no more valuable to this team than signing some 50 year old season ticket holder. Neither will see the field.

In reference to Hunter. Remember who our WR coach is. Sanjay Lal was able to get very good production out of a past knucklehead in Harvin.

I have no issue putting Sanjay with a size speed guy that needs the light to come on. If Lal can get this light on. Look out

Huh?

Those two were together for only 2 seasons that included 13 games total ,and only 48 catches.

Lal coached Harvin during Percy's rapid decline and ultimate exit from the league.

And then he's going to be suspended and ultimately banned for life. Josh Gordon is no more valuable to this team than signing some 50 year old season ticket holder. Neither will see the field.

50 year old season ticket holders see the field a lot more than you think. I had season tix for ten years and my view was great!

This is interesting. I liked this kid a lot at Tennessee, and he had a pretty good stretch there in Tennessee. I remember wanting Buffalo to draft him. I wonder what happened?

He's definitely one of those "open when he's not open" type of receiver. Speedy, tall, good catching radius, and a pretty good natural hands catcher.

Anyone know where things went awry with him? Injury? Character stuff?

The answer is "yes" (injury, character stuff). Fractured his ankle last November, required surgery. Titans waived him at the final roster cutdown and Dolphins picked him up but he apparently didn't stick. Unclear why. It is possible he is not fully recovered from injury.

He was arrested, charged, tried and recently found not guilty of assault and battery for a bar fight that took place in Virginia Beach 2 July. Not clear what action if any the NFL will take if any since Goodell is like the 350 lb gorilla in the room

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Hard to criticize this move, IMO. There aren't many quality options and the guy has a huge upside. Any production would be helpful. Seriously, WTF is the issue here?

correct me if I am wrong, but the Bills can bring one player back off IR. That would be Shaq Lawson. If so, Sammy is done for the year.

:lol:

I hope Hunter can help the bills this season

I'm sorry - he's not better than Sammy Watkins.

Anyone that can run a route right now is better than Sammy Watkins. Maybe next year Sammy will be okay, maybe not.

correct me if I am wrong, but the Bills can bring one player back off IR. That would be Shaq Lawson. If so, Sammy is done for the year.

Anyone that can run a route right now is better than Sammy Watkins. Maybe next year Sammy will be okay, maybe not.

Sammy on IR but Lawson in PUP so they are OK Edited by BeefCurtns

More huge than, say, Goodwin?

Typically I resist responding to trolls---but I'll make this exception.

First, I'm not sure it matters since I believe the gist of my post was, it is hard to criticize the pickup, given the available alternatives. At least this one has a fairly high upside, if his athletic potential is reached.

But is that potential higher than Goodwin? Well, yes, I think. Hunter is 6'4", with 20 lbs more weight on his body and a big wingspan, and nearly as fast as Goodwin. He out produced Goodwin in his first three years--but let's face it, neither of them had world-class offenses or QBs to work with. And, while having struggled with the injury bug, I don't think he's quite as fragile as Marquis. So yes, his absolute top end is probably higher than Goodwin's. Of course, that doesn't mean the probability of his reaching level X, Y or Z is higher than Goodwin's. Or that either will reach a level that means anything of importance. Seriously. how hard is that to understand?

The rule changed this year. They can only bring back one player from IR, but they don't have to designate which one beforehand. Oh, and Lawson isn't on IR, but PUP. I believe they can activate him between week 6 and week 11. But I might be off on that.