Can you spare a few dollars to help DC Tom?

Just Jack

Won't work. Only on-street parking @ Dexter's super villian lair for the At-At and he doesn't want to piss off his neighbors.

:-)

It's a supervillain lair...I park my assault vehicles in a mountain cave.

But I wouldn't want an AT-AT. Lousy design - top-heavy, high ground pressure, not the least bit maneuverable, not concealable, all the firepower's forward (nothing covering the sides, rear, top, or bottom, which is ridiculous for a machine that size.) It's why one lousy actor with a glow-stick and grenade can kill it - you can't use it without two platoons of infantry for cover.

It would be very easy to do this to the AT-AT with the right hardware from the good people at Krauss-Maffei Wegmann:

Who on earth (or in a galaxy far far away) would want a weapon that can be taken out by wrapping a cable around its "legs".

And more to the point, why were Snowspeeders specially equipped with "harpoon guns" in the first place?

They came in handy against the AT-ATs, but what was their normal function supposed to be?

Whaling operations on Hoth between combat sorties?

Who on earth (or in a galaxy far far away) would want a weapon that can be taken out by wrapping a cable around its "legs".

Maybe they couldn't find a cable for a while and the psych effect was great.

Same reason armies were afraid of charging chariots @ one time... Until some bright barbarian decided to throw metal "jacks" @ the feet of the charging horses.

And more to the point, why were Snowspeeders specially equipped with "harpoon guns" in the first place?

They came in handy against the AT-ATs, but what was their normal function supposed to be?

Whaling operations on Hoth between combat sorties?

Duh, it's a snow planet. You use to them to pull other vehicles out of snowbanks.