Watkins Ruled Out For Sunday (Update - placed on IR)

BreezeMafia

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chances are they don't fly in until Saturday night before the game. At that point the Pats would have a night and a morning to plan for that. Now they have a full day to prepare for us not having him. It's a full day to devise a game plan to attack our offense knowing what we have and don't have. Meanwhile, we still don't know of Gorropolo, Brissett, or Edleman will be their QB.

There's no way to swing this argument. It's dumb on our part to give up this info so willingly, so early.

Whose call is it to release this information?

Could be a long day at New England. Belichick will for sure make Tyrod beat them with his arm, so Woods and Goodwin better come up huge if the bills have any shot

Powell looked pretty good last week. We also have TEs and RBs that can catch the ball. Sucks not having Watkins though.

I got blasted earlier in the year for this but I'll say it again...

Whaley is TERRIBLE at adding depth and having contingency plans. Our WR corps looks thin even WITH Sammy. Now it's flat out pathetic. It's almost as if this type of thing completely shocks the organization and we have no idea how to field a roster most games. Sammy had surgery in the offseason and we're still somehow unprepared for this.

Injuries happen, but you cannot go into a game with Goodwin at WR2 and Walter Powell as WR3. Awful depth management.

I got blasted earlier in the year for this but I'll say it again...

Whaley is TERRIBLE at adding depth and having contingency plans. Our WR corps looks thin even WITH Sammy. Now it's flat out pathetic. It's almost as if this type of thing completely shocks the organization and we have no idea how to field a roster most games. Sammy had surgery in the offseason and we're still somehow unprepared for this.

Injuries happen, but you cannot go into a game with Goodwin at WR2 and Walter Powell as WR3. Awful depth management.

And yet, we won with the same WR corps last week!

Horrible WR's for this Sunday, I would've said Salas is the #1 but he's out too.

Give NE a heavy dose of McCoy and Gillislee swing passes, sweeps and power runs.... mix in a few Tyrod broken play scrambles. That's about it for the O.

5 games that is all he has missed so far in his career 5 games

his career is just over 2 seasons long, he's played at less than 100% in other games where he was ineffective and it's likely he will miss more this season. I'm not a 'sammy's a bust or injury prone' fan, but the reality is that he has not often and likely will not for some time, contribute to this team. It's not good any way people try to look at it.

his career is just over 2 seasons long, he's played at less than 100% in other games where he was ineffective and it's likely he will miss more this season. I'm not a 'sammy's a bust or injury prone' fan, but the reality is that he has not often and likely will not for some time, contribute to this team. It's not good any way people try to look at it.

OBJ has missed just as many...

And ineffective because he was hurt or because he was ignored??

Just further proof of what a joke this organization has become since the "glory years". Time to admit that Sammy is a bust. I didn't say he was a bad person, so everyone back off, just that he is a bust. Stats do not lie! Time for the organization to move on from this guy.

Feel bad for the guy. Must suck knowing that you're more talented than OBJ and anyone else from that draft class, for that matter, and among the more talented players in the league but you just can't catch a break. Crappy QBs, crappy coaches/gameplans, injuries. Not to mention the idiotic fans who think a player is soft for getting injured. Like he'd rather be sitting at home playing PlayStation than being out on the field.

Edited by QB Bills

Just further proof of what a joke this organization has become since the "glory years". Time to admit that Sammy is a bust. I didn't say he was a bad person, so everyone back off, just that he is a bust. Stats do not lie! Time for the organization to move on from this guy.

Those two statements, served up back-to-back, are simply astonishing.

What do you consider a bust? I'd be flabbergasted if there's anyone on the football-watching planet that considers a 2nd-year player amassing over 1,000 yards and 9 TDs in 13 games "bust" status. That's without the added context that he played for the team that attempted the fewest passes in the NFL, and lead the league in yards/target.

You can say that you're disappointed with his production given how much they gave up to get him, and I'd at least understand that. The bold statement, however, does not hold water in any way, shape, or form.