Stop & Frisk Thread

And here is what puts Trump over the top that doesn't apply to Clinton:

"The Siren Song of a Dangerous Demagogue."

Our Founding Fathers did warn us of the dangers of demagoguery.

That is what separates the two.

Notice, USA Today did NOT endorse Clinton.

Trump uses it well. BETTER than Clinton.

You've got to be joking.

While she talks up being "together" and not "dividing us", she then slams Trumps supporters as Racist, Xenophobic, Islamophobic, Homophobic, Despicable, and nonredeemable.

She hates with a venom anybody that doesn't support her. She's a vicious, mean spirited and really evil person. She used her public office to line her own pockets with hundreds of millions of dollars much of it taken from leaders in countries where women are banned from driving, don't have civil rights, where gays are killed for being gay, and she has no problem with that. She laughed at how she got a rapist of a young girl from being convicted of his heinous crime. She is a walking piece of human excrement.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to be joking.

While she talks up being "together" and not "dividing us", she then slams Trumps supporters as Racist, Xenophobic, Islamophobic, Homophobic, Despicable, and nonredeemable.

She hates with a venom anybody that doesn't support her. She's a vicious, mean spirited and really evil person. She used her public office to line her own pockets with hundreds of millions of dollars much of it taken from leaders in countries where women are banned from driving, don't have civil rights, where gays are killed for being gay, and she has no problem with that. She laughed at how she got a rapist of a young girl from being convicted of his heinous crime. She is a walking piece of human excrement.

I don't think she really has any particular values, just whatever will defeat an opponent, and help her accrue power. Trump isn't much different, but somehow HIllary is presented as this great humanitarian, who has helped the disadvantaged, when it's all just political posturing, and career advancement.

Im constantly surprised how many people are willing to give up civil liberties so quickly as a reaction to having their sense of security threatened. I would expect true blue Americans to have a little more spine than that. Especially among self-identifying conservatives, who supposedly distinguish themselves as honoring the spirit of our founding principles and profess to be suspicious of interference from the government.

Im definitely against stop and frisk.

This.

Under equal protection, there is no cherry picking stop & frisk.

If it is implemented, get used to living in one giant airport. And... You know how people just love security @ the airport.

The collateral damage to the citizenry will be huge. Welcome to the start of the police state.

http://racism.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1589:equalprotection02&catid=130&Itemid=241

Can this young man change his skin color?

"In August of 2006, Nicholas K. Peart, a young, Black New Yorker, was sitting on a Manhattan bench with his cousin and a friend, celebrating his eighteenth birthday. As they were conversing and enjoying their evening, squad cars suddenly encircled them. Get on the ground, hollered an officer from a window of a marked police vehicle. With multiple guns pointed at their heads, one officer reached into Peart's pockets and pulled out his photo identification. Happy birthday, the cop sarcastically remarked. After asking Peart and his companions a few questions, the cops bid their adieus and left the young men lying on the sidewalk.

Not even two years later, in the spring of 2008, Peart was stopped and frisked again, this time after leaving his grandmother's Flatbush, Brooklyn, residence. As he strolled down the street to a nearby bus stop, an unmarked police car passed him and then backed up. Three cops quickly jumped out and ordered him to put his hands against a garage door. They snatched his wallet out of his pocket and looked at his identification; Peart was then let go. In September 2010, it happened again. He was stopped, frisked, searched, identified, and then left alone.

In May 2011, Peart was leaving his apartment building on his way to a local store when two officers hopped out of an unmarked car and directed him to stop and put his hands against a wall. Peart, now unfortunately accustomed to following the dictates of those wearing the shield, did as he was commanded. One officer grabbed Peart's cell phone from his hand and another reached into his pockets and removed his wallet and keys. The officer rummaged through his wallet and handcuffed him. One cop then asked which one of the keys opened his apartment door. Next, the cop entered his building and tried to enter his apartment. A different police officer, meanwhile, put the handcuffed Peart in the back of a police car. That officer asked Peart whether he had any marijuana. Peart responded, No. The officer then removed and searched his shoes and patted down his socks. Peart drew the officers' attention because they said he supposedly fit the description of someone who had been ringing a neighbor's doorbell. When the officer who had taken Peart's keys returned, the handcuffs were removed; the officers told Peart to get out of the police car and drove off.

Given all of the police attention he has drawn, one might presume that Peart is a dangerous, hardened criminal with a long rap sheet. He isn't. Peart is just a twenty-three year old college student, who, due to the color of his skin, looks like a criminal.

In August of 2006, Nicholas K. Peart, a young, Black New Yorker, was sitting on a Manhattan bench with his cousin and a friend, celebrating his eighteenth birthday. As they were conversing and enjoying their evening, squad cars suddenly encircled them. Get on the ground, hollered an officer from a window of a marked police vehicle. With multiple guns pointed at their heads, one officer reached into Peart's pockets and pulled out his photo identification. Happy birthday, the cop sarcastically remarked. After asking Peart and his companions a few questions, the cops bid their adieus and left the young men lying on the sidewalk.

Not even two years later, in the spring of 2008, Peart was stopped and frisked again, this time after leaving his grandmother's Flatbush, Brooklyn, residence. As he strolled down the street to a nearby bus stop, an unmarked police car passed him and then backed up. Three cops quickly jumped out and ordered him to put his hands against a garage door. They snatched his wallet out of his pocket and looked at his identification; Peart was then let go. In September 2010, it happened again. He was stopped, frisked, searched, identified, and then left alone.

In May 2011, Peart was leaving his apartment building on his way to a local store when two officers hopped out of an unmarked car and directed him to stop and put his hands against a wall. Peart, now unfortunately accustomed to following the dictates of those wearing the shield, did as he was commanded. One officer grabbed Peart's cell phone from his hand and another reached into his pockets and removed his wallet and keys. The officer rummaged through his wallet and handcuffed him. One cop then asked which one of the keys opened his apartment door. Next, the cop entered his building and tried to enter his apartment. A different police officer, meanwhile, put the handcuffed Peart in the back of a police car. That officer asked Peart whether he had any marijuana. Peart responded, No. The officer then removed and searched his shoes and patted down his socks. Peart drew the officers' attention because they said he supposedly fit the description of someone who had been ringing a neighbor's doorbell. When the officer who had taken Peart's keys returned, the handcuffs were removed; the officers told Peart to get out of the police car and drove off.

Given all of the police attention he has drawn, one might presume that Peart is a dangerous, hardened criminal with a long rap sheet. He isn't. Peart is just a twenty-three year old college student, who, due to the color of his skin, looks like a criminal..."

I expect Ryan to beat their azz if that happened to him! :-/ :-/

I don't think she really has any particular values, just whatever will defeat an opponent, and help her accrue power. Trump isn't much different, but somehow HIllary is presented as this great humanitarian, who has helped the disadvantaged, when it's all just political posturing, and career advancement.

The funny thing... You have Trump nailed to a tee. He will do anything for power and control. You know he is just stinging inside from being roasted a bunch of years back by Prez. Obama @ the annual White House dinner.

No doubt that revenge for being ripped by the first black Prez. is on Trump's mind.

On his mind that evening: See video below.

"I will get even w/that n***** (but of course he uses the real N-word in his mind) some day!"

Knowing how Trump was raised and educated, it is him that you explain, NOT Hillary.

Funny... Watching that video. I feel empathy for Trump!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The funny thing... You have Trump nailed to a tee. He will do anything for power and control. You know he is just stinging inside from being roasted a bunch of years back by Prez. Obama @ the annual White House dinner.

No doubt that revenge for being ripped by the first black Prez. is on Trump's mind.

On his mind that evening: See video below.

"I will get even w/that n***** (but of course he uses the real N-word in his mind) some day!"

Knowing how Trump was raised and educated, it is him that you explain, NOT Hillary.

Funny... Watching that video. I feel empathy for Trump!

The difference is that Hillary is heralded by the media as someone who is corrupt, but still has a great record for humanitarian work, and helping the disadvantaged. And I don't believe she has any real interest in those things, they were purely about self-promoting, and political careerism. Trump is openly self-promoting.

I think they are both awful, but I think Hillary's policies will pull the country further into a hole that we won't get out of (once you let in millions of Muslims, and give amnesty to millions of illegals, the course of the country is permanently changed), but Trump's will be a 4 year bump, and hopefully some better leadership will come forward for the next term..

Edited by HoF Watkins

The difference is that Hillary is heralded by the media as someone who is corrupt, but still has a great record for humanitarian work, and helping the disadvantaged. And I don't believe she has any real interest in those things, they were purely about self-promoting, and political careerism. Trump is openly self-promoting.

I think they are both awful, but I think Hillary's policies will pull the country further into a hole that we won't get out of (once you let in millions of Muslims, and give amnesty to millions of illegals, the course of the country is permanently changed), but Trump's will be a 4 year bump, and hopefully some better leadership will come forward for the next term..

I see. Or we tank and move to a police state.

IMO... I take my chances w/free society, being situationally aware and vigilant. Doing that we can ride out the Muslim problem. Liberal society is the only way to eventually solve the Muslim problem. We sell our liberty, they win.

It will take some stomach though...

IMO... I take my chances w/free society, being situationally aware and vigilant. Doing that we can ride out the Muslim problem. Liberal society is the only way to eventually solve the Muslim problem. We sell our liberty, they win.

"Ride out the Muslim problem"?

IMO... I take my chances w/free society, being situationally aware and vigilant..

Liberal society is the only way to eventually solve the Muslim problem. We sell our liberty, they win.

Respectfully, are you trying to be funny ?

Which is it ?

Today's "liberal' society is about as far from a free society as you can get ....................

How about mandatory body cameras + stop/interview/frisk + a training program developed by the FBI and state police in each state to improve approaches to the use of force, with mandatory accreditation requirements?

I don't know what Chicago thinks is going to radically change without a dramatic new approach in the neighborhoods.

TBH, and this might be an aside, I thought the police deployed taser technology to avoid having to draw their service weapons on people.

But what if they find your stash?

I'll eat it. Or full legalization will be passed by then. I look forward to more monotony from you once that happens.

How's another year of not getting laid going for ya ?

Blah blah blah... The new chorus to the popular hit: "The Siren Song of a Dangerous Demagogue."

By all means go with the guy who supports "Stop & Frisk." Just take note of bullet point #3 below:

This from a newspaper that has to covet everybody's business, from conservative to commie lib.

"It ticked off, mercilessly, in boldface, its objections to Trump:

1.He is erratic.

2.He is ill-equipped to be commander in chief.

3.He traffics in prejudice.

4.His business career is checkered.

5.He isnt leveling with the American people.

6.He speaks recklessly.

7.He has coarsened the national dialogue.

8.Hes a serial liar.

It isnt about saving conservatives from liberals or vice versa, the editorials opine. It is, in the words of the USA Today editorial, about saving America from the siren song of a dangerous demagogue.

By all means vote, the editorial reads, just not for Donald Trump."

He will beat his azz. Oh wait, that's if they shoot his dog.

Ignore really is the play when dealing with a silly B word like you.

Why would one not seek vindication if one's dog was killed ? Jeez you're pathetic.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

And here is what puts Trump over the top that doesn't apply to Clinton:

"The Siren Song of a Dangerous Demagogue."

Our Founding Fathers did warn us of the dangers of demagoguery.

That is what separates the two.

Notice, USA Today did NOT endorse Clinton.

Trump uses it well. BETTER than Clinton.

Not to belabor the issue, but if one accepts the definition of demagogue as a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by rational argument; and if one accepts that the continuum of social programs and supports create popular desires [some say "needs"]; and, further, if one accepts that prejudices are created by admired individuals scoffing and making light of specific groups of "others"; and, even further, if one accepts that appointment to a position does not accomplishments make...whew, a long sentence...and simply restating the list of appointments; then the two candidates are but two sides of the same coin.

Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, as it were.

So, pick the one that, in your mind, lies the least, exhibits the least chicanery in past dealings and exercise your franchise.

I don't think Trump has some kind of grand plan to take away American liberties, or some such nonsense. I think he is simplistic, and thinks "hey, Stop and Search worked great in NYC. Let's do that!", "Too many Mexicans rushing over the border? Build a wall!". I don't consider him a long term threat to liberties.

Hillary?

When she talks about fighting terrorism by utilizing the internet, I hear "we need to control "hate speech", so we need to have more control of the internet." Of course, she doesn't just mean Islamic Terrorism, but also "white terrorism". More rules, more regulations, more restrictions, and more opportunity for selective enforcement.

When I see her and Obama (and the media) refuse to refer to Islamic terrorism, and the type of suppression of information going on now, I think "this is censorship".

When I see her support Progressives/SJW's like Lena Dunham, I think "Hillary is going to add more Affirmative Action policies, push for harsher penalties against "rape culture", and generally do whatever she can to handicap the straight, white male. It's time for everyone to get a trophy!" More rules, more regulations, more restrictions, and more opportunity for selective enforcement.

And when crime rates climb after cops are either encumbered by restrictions, or "the Ferguson Effect" spreads, and the culture clash that a massive wave of Muslim refugees takes effect, I see more rules, more regulations, more restrictions, and more opportunity for selective enforcement.

These are just a few examples.

Ride out a few million new Muslims?

They reproduce at astonishing rates. No riding it out, man. They are very serious about spreading their religion. And Blacks will be heavily recruited, which will add a new dynamic to race-relations in a couple generations. With more Muslims, I see measures taken to accommodate their views, resulting in more rules, more regulations, more restrictions, and more opportunity for selective enforcement.

Take a looksee at some news from Sweden, or the way London has become overrun (the Muslim Mayor of London is trying to implement his own immigration policy, post-Brexit).

Take at look a the Rotherham Sex Ring, where the police turned a blind eye to avoid being accused of racism. That kind of Progressive pressure is coming your way.

"Ride it out"...hilarious. It's been going on at a varying intensity for hundreds of years!

Edited by HoF Watkins

"Ride out the Muslim problem"?

Yeah, by not sacrificing our liberty... That's what I meant.

Not to belabor the issue, but if one accepts the definition of demagogue as a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by rational argument; and if one accepts that the continuum of social programs and supports create popular desires [some say "needs"]; and, further, if one accepts that prejudices are created by admired individuals scoffing and making light of specific groups of "others"; and, even further, if one accepts that appointment to a position does not accomplishments make...whew, a long sentence...and simply restating the list of appointments; then the two candidates are but two sides of the same coin.

Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, as it were.

So, pick the one that, in your mind, lies the least, exhibits the least chicanery in past dealings and exercise your franchise.

Both have shady past dealings... IMO the status quo is more palatable.

Isn't "Obama Lite" a better thing?

I’m constantly surprised how many people are willing to give up civil liberties so quickly as a reaction to having their sense of security threatened. I would expect true blue Americans to have a little more spine than that. Especially among self-identifying conservatives, who supposedly distinguish themselves as honoring the spirit of our founding principles and profess to be suspicious of interference from the government.

I’m definitely against stop and frisk.

This. Stop and frisk has had some demonstrably good results with regard to reducing street crime, but you just can't stop and search someone with no probable cause - and looking out of place or like a thug isn't probable cause. I would think that libertarians, conservatives, and liberals would all be in agreement on this.

I’m constantly surprised how many people are willing to give up civil liberties so quickly as a reaction to having their sense of security threatened. I would expect true blue Americans to have a little more spine than that. Especially among self-identifying conservatives, who supposedly distinguish themselves as honoring the spirit of our founding principles and profess to be suspicious of interference from the government.

I’m definitely against stop and frisk.

:beer::beer:

Didn't you say a couple of days ago that you were voting for Trump?

Sure... I am in Illinois. If its close, I won't pull the trigger if something goes down. I am getting second doubts after him coming unglued in the debate.

Also... I will tell the polls that I will vote for Trump... Just to trip them up.

This cuts to the core right there, and you have it backwards.

Google "diversity plus proximity equal war"...it's easy to have a liberal, free society when the population is homogenous (see Northern Europe), but if you want to have diversity it forces the hand of authority.

Adding a large number of Muslims would be a whole new layer of diversity... very bad idea. America is having more than enough problems assimilating the large number of Asians and Latinos that have arrived in the last 30 years.

Edited by HoF Watkins