Rex Crashes Edelman's Conference Call

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Rex poses as a reporter to con Edelman in to giving out information out of the Pats concerning their starting lineup and offensive game-plan Sunday?

And people think this sort of cheating is funny?

I think it is hilarious. Cheating: NO!

When comparing Rex's record and St. Doug's record, the Rex haters

(1) always included the meaningless game (for the Pats) in which Brady did not play the entire game; and

(2) never seem to acknowledge the key injuries and Mario strike last year.

I wonder . . . if the Bills win this weekend, will these same Rex haters seek to discount the win even though it is meaningful for both teams at this stage of the season . . . .

Edited by Peter

(1) always included the meaningless game (for the Pats) in which Brady did not play the entire game; and

I wonder . . . if the Bills win this weekend, will these same Rex haters seek to discount the win even though it is meaningful for both teams at this stage of the season . . . .

Just because you left an inch of daylight in another wise airtight and salient point which will eventually stick (I'm sure):

Brady played the first half of that game. Gronk and Edleman didn't play at all.

However, it should also be noted that game was meaningless because of the stinker the team (mostly defense) lay in Oakland the week before. That tends to go overlooked when regaling the vaunted 2014 D.

Just because you left an inch of daylight in another wise airtight and salient point which will eventually stick (I'm sure):

However, it should also be noted that game was meaningless because of the stinker the team (mostly defense) lay in Oakland the week before. That tends to go overlooked when regaling the vaunted 2014 D.

As I recall, wasn't it a completely meaningless game for the Pats (as, unfortunately, most of their end of regular season games seem to be)?

Disagree. Managing people, personalities, individuals, groups, expectations and motivating them seem like similar skill sets!?

Yes, to go out and play a game.

Many of these people fail at their "jobs" and are able to move on and get raises!! In the millions. Look at our head coach. When Joe Dirt fails at his sales job, his dismal sales history follows him around, and if he's lucky to land another gig, he's not getting a raise because the "market" says he should. People in professional sports are evaluated on a completely different set of criteria/guidelines/objectives.

There are no ramifications for Rex dropping in on a conference call like there would be if I interrupted by boss while he was speaking to a potential client.

The world of sports operates in its own unique bubble.

Well, then it's also worth noting that the stinker at Oakland was played without 2 of their best defensive players (Dareus and Gilmore)

Who is comparing Rex to Marrone? But if you want to, I think it's as easy as the team's record improving under Marrone and the team's defense being top 5 under Marrone. With Rex, they went backwards in both areas.

As I recall, wasn't it a completely meaningless game for the Pats (as, unfortunately, most of their end of regular season games seem to be)?

Well, it went down as a conference loss and they still came away with a bye and home field advantage, so...

Well, then it's also worth noting that the stinker at Oakland was played without 2 of their best defensive players (Dareus and Gilmore)

The defense lost key players and didn't perform as well?

Huh. You don't say. :flirt:

In your opinion, was the Cowboys win meaningless last year?

If you heat map it, didn't the defense hold Oakland below their average yardage?

Who is comparing Rex to Marrone? But if you want to, I think it's as easy as the team's record improving under Marrone and the team's defense being top 5 under Marrone. With Rex, they went backwards in both areas.

You have 11,022 posts on this board and you never have read anyone argue Rex is a bad HC because Rex's team was worse last year than the year before?!?

Hmmm.

In your opinion, was the Cowboys win meaningless last year?

If you heat map it, didn't the defense hold Oakland below their average yardage?

It was not as meaningful as it could have been, but probably more meaningful than a win against a team that was saving itself for the playoffs.

People tend to mock that which they do not understand.

I'm not mocking. I saw your heat maps analysis last season that gave the offense and defense credit based on yardage averages. I'm asking if the Oakland game would fit under your analysis and if your blame of the D against Oakland is inconsistent with your opinion of the 2015 D.

It was not as meaningful as it could have been, but probably more meaningful than a win against a team that was saving itself for the playoffs.

Significantly more meaningful? A 4-10 team with their franchise QB on IR, Dez Bryant on the couch, playing for draft position is way different than the Pats conceding the second half?

I think they're very close, personally. Star QB's not playing, star recievers not playing, and it doesn't matter if they win or lose. If you're going to call Marrone's final season 8-7, I think it's disingenuous to not also call 2015 7-8.

I'm not mocking. I saw your heat maps analysis last season that gave the offense and defense credit based on yardage averages. I'm asking if the Oakland game would fit under your analysis and if your blame of the D against Oakland is inconsistent with your opinion of the 2015 D.

Significantly more meaningful? A 4-10 team with their franchise QB on IR, Dez Bryant on the couch, playing for draft position is way different than the Pats conceding the second half?

I think they're very close, personally. Star QB's not playing, star recievers not playing, and it doesn't matter if they win or lose. If you're going to call Marrone's final season 8-7, I think it's disingenuous to not also call 2015 7-8.

As I said, it probably was not the most meaningful game in the world, but I would suggest that a game where guys are playing for jobs is more meaningful (relatively speaking) than a game in which the players and the team are intentionally saving themselves for the playoffs.

My mistake. Normally when the heat maps come up, it's smothered in snark! :beer:

Those Raiders, who went to that game 2-12:

Had 125% of their season average for total yards, 191% of rushing yards and 101% of passing yards and 172% of points.

Those numbers are relative to their average over their 15 non-Bills games.