Watkins expected to play vs NE this week.

ChanOverChin

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can't imagine his foot is right

we shall see, but this looks a lot like shady's hammy last year... never really heals .. some orthotic guy needs to find some way to build a shoe to allow him to run and cut... he'll need next offseason to really heal...

his best weapons, speed and precision cutting, are probably largely gone right now...

give me a healthy Powell... he's not Sammy, but he is 100% healthy

Sammy will be trooper but the team will suffer as he blows 3 or 4 series determining he can't go. this game is too important for stupid heroics like that... remember he's playing for a contract pretty soon

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

I'm hoping Lynn can figure out a way for Watkins to make an impact. I'm worried about the Tyrod and Watkins combo. I'm not sure if it's one or the other that's the issue and that's been my experience as a Bills fan throughout many years now. Is it our QB or the WR's not getting open? - Is it the OC or the players? - Is it the O Line or the QB, etc etc etc.

I'm desperately hoping we're not in another one of these situations where we're wondering if Sammy is really that good or can we just not get him the ball.

So again, I hope Lynn can be the linchpin to solving this.

I'm hoping Lynn can figure out a way for Watkins to make an impact. I'm worried about the Tyrod and Watkins combo. I'm not sure if it's one or the other that's the issue and that's been my experience as a Bills fan throughout many years now. Is it our QB or the WR's not getting open? - Is it the OC or the players? - Is it the O Line or the QB, etc etc etc.

I'm desperately hoping we're not in another one of these situations where we're wondering if Sammy is really that good or can we just not get him the ball.

If someone is wondering whether Sammy is really that good or not, they haven't been paying attention since his freshman year at Clemson.

Remember that stretch of games during the end of last season where Sammy and Tyrod had built up synergy? Oh man that was awesome to watch. Watkins was pulling in throws in double coverage like nothing.

Also experts in injuries, pain tolerance, and what it takes to play in the NFL. I guess the board is populated with former NFL players who are now medical doctors. Who knew there were so many?

just like all the other experts on the other side of the argument that apparently know exactly how painful boo boo kitty foot is? What if you could experience the pain and it ended up being something you wouldn't normally be bothered by?

Ya know what, don't bother to answer.

I'm saying I don't want to be questioning why he isn't performing.

I can appreciate that, but I don't worry about it because if he's not performing he's either physically unable to or our QB can't get him the ball. I just wanted to clarify that his ability is beyond question.

just like all the other experts on the other side of the argument that apparently know exactly how painful boo boo kitty foot is? What if you could experience the pain and it ended up being something you wouldn't normally be bothered by?

"Ya know what" why don't you fracture your own foot ( if you can't quite do it I'll bet you could find a friend to do it for you). Then have surgery and a screw put in the foot. Then go run some routes and cut, stop quickly etc. Then report back and let us know. I'm sure you have the toughness- the strength , will, and athletic ability to overcome it. We'll be waiting to hear from you.

"Ya know what" why don't you fracture your own foot ( if you can't quite do it I'll bet you could find a friend to do it for you). Then have surgery and a screw put in the foot. Then go run some routes and cut, stop quickly etc. Then report back and let us know. I'm sure you have the toughness- the strength , will, and athletic ability to overcome it. We'll be waiting to hear from you.

havent I already arguing with uiu in another thread and told everyone of my injuries? Did you freaking read the posts? I could go on about my injuries that I have suffered in all ages from when I ran track to going to work every day. But at the end of the day uiu would just make a stupid comment about how I have no idea what others pain is, that I should get assaulted at my work, blah, blah, blah. Don't you have a Sammy doll to play with somewhere?

havent I already arguing with uiu in another thread and told everyone of my injuries? Did you freaking read the posts? I could go on about my injuries that I have suffered in all ages from when I ran track to going to work every day. But at the end of the day uiu would just make a stupid comment about how I have no idea what others pain is, that I should get assaulted at my work, blah, blah, blah. Don't you have a Sammy doll to play with somewhere?

I'm pretty sure whatever your work is ( I have no idea) , you do not or did not play pro football. The stupid comments are coming from you, I believe. Using juvenile anatomical references to describe a pro athlete who is obviously injured playing a tough , physical game. These guys want to be out there because that's how they'll get their big payday, besides whatever else they use to motivate themselves to compete in a game that few are talented enough to play at that level. I've never made a " stupid comment " about whatever it is you do, nor am I interested in it. Funny how you would consider such a comment ( if it were made about you) "stupid" when that is exactly what your statements about Watkins are. Fifth grade level at best.

I'm pretty sure whatever your work is ( I have no idea) , you do not or did not play pro football. The stupid comments are coming from you, I believe. Using juvenile anatomical references to describe a pro athlete who is obviously injured playing a tough , physical game. These guys want to be out there because that's how they'll get their big payday, besides whatever else they use to motivate themselves to compete in a game that few are talented enough to play at that level. I've never made a " stupid comment " about whatever it is you do, nor am I interested in it. Funny how you would consider such a comment ( if it were made about you) "stupid" when that is exactly what your statements about Watkins are. Fifth grade level at best.

my ridiculous "fifth grade level" comments are no more ridiculous as you and anyone else for that matter standing up and supporting Little Boo Boo Kitty Foot. For the same reasons you state that I'm being stupid, you have absolutely no idea how much pain He is in no more than I do. If his pain really is so tremendous that he cannot play (even though doctors have said it cannot be reinjured), or if it's a simple as a paper cut. We will never know. Oh, except for the guy I know that has spoken with a member of the Bills training staff that has admitted that Sammy is a baby and that others play with similar or worse ailments.

Believe whatever you want. I don't care, but stop annouing me for my opinions as they are no worse than yours.

Oh, and I have torn 3 ligaments, 3 tendons, and sprained my ankle while separating my Tibia and Fibula off my Talus perminantely. I did this in my Sr year of high school when I ran track. The doctor told me I would be on crutches for 6 weeks and wouldn't be able to run in 6 months. I was walking on it that night, and running full speed on it in 2 weeks. I managed to make the finals in section 6 in the 110 High Hurdles, Pole Vault, and Triple Jump and 4x100 relay.

Edited by mrags

my ridiculous "fifth grade level" comments are no more ridiculous as you and anyone else for that matter standing up and supporting Little Boo Boo Kitty Foot. For the same reasons you state that I'm being stupid, you have absolutely no idea how much pain He is in no more than I do. If his pain really is so tremendous that he cannot play (even though doctors have said it cannot be reinjured), or if it's a simple as a paper cut. We will never know. Oh, except for the guy I know that has spoken with a member of the Bills training staff that has admitted that Sammy is a baby and that others play with similar or worse ailments.

Believe whatever you want. I don't care, but stop annouing me for my opinions as they are no worse than yours.

Oh, and I have torn 3 ligaments, 3 tendons, and sprained my ankle while separating my Tibia and Fibula off my Talus perminantely. I did this in my Sr year of high school when I ran track. The doctor told me I would be on crutches for 6 weeks and wouldn't be able to run in 6 months. I was walking on it that night, and running full speed on it in 2 weeks. I managed to make the finals in section 6 in the 110 High Hurdles, Pole Vault, and Triple Jump and 4x100 relay.

Well kudos to you sir. You just won the Internet today! You are an international hero now.

Oh, and Sammy committed suicide after reading your post, because he felt so ashamed.

I will answer since you took the time to make such an insightful and logically sound response.

I don't know the answer to Watkins true condition and neither do you. So I have to go off observations and the data at hand.

The guy has had approximately 8,327 injuries since entering the league and this past Sunday missed his 4th game in 2.3 seasons. This would tend to indicate he is relatively tough and endures pain enough to play while injured. (Note, the games missed number is correct but I am just guessing on the number of injuries).

In terms of observation, he clearly has played at less than 100% or outright injured in the past. The first two weeks he looked my my grandmother running on that sore foot but at least he gave it a go. There are numerous examples the past two years as well.

So if you have an alternate set of data or observations relating to the NFL as opposed to your High School track team, please do share them.

Although I do enjoy a good high school track yarn now and then...

Edited by Sakman