LeGarrette Blount / helmet rule

mikemac2001

Watching the game Thursday vs the Texans he did this on multiple runs I haven't seen this penalty called at all but wanted to post it ahead of the game to see if anyone else has noticed this

2015 rule

NEW RULE: A ban on a ball carrier initiating contact with the crown of his helmet in the open field or by a defender while making a tackle.

What the rule changes: A 15-yard penalty will be called if a runner or a tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players clearly are outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle-to-tackle and from 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or a tackler against an opponent would not be deemed a foul.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238662/article/new-nfl-rules-crownofhelmet-change-to-help-runner-defender

Edited by mikemac2001

Has that penalty been called anywhere this year? It's kind of a sad rule as that's how your taught to run it lower your head and drive through.

No one is taught to lower their head and run through it. If they are being taught that way, they're being coached very poorly. Gotta keep the head up not just for safety but to see where the running lanes are.

No one is taught to lower their head and run through it. If they are being taught that way, they're being coached very poorly. Gotta keep the head up not just for safety but to see where the running lanes are.

Miss spoke your taught (or were taught way back when I was in HS LOL) to lower your head on contact to try plow threw them.

Is there anyone on this board who would volunteer to tackle that guy and what would be your price to do so?

Violent angry runner... That's built like a horse!

Might be the biggest RB since Jerome Bettis...250 lbs is bigger than a lot of LBs trying to tackle him

You need to show video of what you are talking g about so we can judge if it illegal or not. I looked at a few Blount highlights and I don't see anything illegal. If you can find the video and show us it would help.

I understand this i didn't want to take the time and don't have game rewind a lot on the 2nd drive but I was bringing it up bc I was at home watching and it was like 3 times one drive I will try to find but that's why I wanted to post before the game so people would look for it

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000707984/LeGarrette-Blount-highlights

Posted at link watched it on my phone but the views aren't the best but u can still see it

I'll do it. When he lowers his head I'll go lower and take his !@#$ing knees out.

But yes, I have seen him do it as well as many other RB's. What's stupid is that its okay in between the tackle box. So are players not vulnerable inside the tackle box area? NFL is a clown show.