How many SBs does Belicheck w/o M. Lewis?

How many SBs for NE eith BB if no collapsed lung?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How many SBs for NE eith BB if no collapsed lung?

• Other

I think the big break for Belicheck and the Pats came when Marvin Lewis hit a scrambling Bledsoe and collapsed his lung.

When this happened, several things occured:

1. Without their "star" QB it became gutcheck time and the Pats, many of whom were stil feeling each other out as so many of them had recently joined the team as cap casualties had to come together as a TEAM for themselves and their 2nd year QB.

2. Belicheck and Weis really dumbed down the offense for a second year QB and Brady proved to be a great decision-maker to run the short pick-up efficient ofense extremely well.

3. Bledsoe was gone and was not going to be able to come back and play for quoe a whileand once he was back the team was winning and no chnge could be made an one ofthe biggest switches in the NFL could be made with virtually zero controversy.

4. Bledsoe was internally danaged so he could not play, but not so badly hurt that he couldn't be around to give Brady advice. Brady, BB and all around say how critical and helpful this advice was. Like it or not, Brady is a great player, but a second year QB ain't an NFL vet and having Bledsoe's experience and perspective made him a far better player. Bledsoe also has huge limitations as a player and his ability to translate his experience and play into the right action in the heat of a game. That being said, he has seen and can see a lot of stuff and using him to see things a 2nd year player has difficulty seeing and tranlating that info to him for Brady to make a the decision in the heat of battle was probably a high and best use of Bledsoe's football brain.

5. Belicheck the genius was coming off a pretty rocky road and record pf failure. See his glistening record of playoff success made me wonder how long Bledsoe has been HC in Cleveland. The 1 loss which mars his playoff record as the team has won ever playoff game he led in NE was from the 1 time in 5 years of HC work under BB that Cleveland even made the playoffs. It made me laugh that one of the key reasons his playoff win percentage is so good was that his record as HC in Cleveland was so bas they could not even make the playoffs except the one year he led them to a loss.

My guess is that ironically, if Blrdsoe had not been hurt it would have been difficult if not impossible for BB to bench the Pats QB for life who had years to go on a big contract. Rather than 0-2 the drumbeat to replace him would have started been resisted and if Brady even got a start until late in his third year it would not have been shocking. I think NE would have missed the playoffs completely in 2001 abd natbein 2002 as QB contoversy that makes RJ/DF look like fun would have consumed the team, the twon and probably their W/L record.

BB himself had a record of failure in Cleveland and actually agreed to coach the Jets, tearfully turned his back on his word and thn went to work for Bob Kraft and probably would have to urged him to eat the Bledsoe contract without the benefit of a Brady SB win backing up the decision.

Its ironic but i think if Mo Lewis had not collapsed Bledsoe's lung, BB is a smart enough boy he still would have led a team to an SB ring. However, more likely is that a couple of years of playoff misses in NE might well have put BB on the road of HCs like Rich Kotite, the NFL is a revolving door that seems to love to rehire failed coaches but if he failed to win (make it to) a playoff game in NE after the disnmal Cleveland non-achievements and reneging on his promise with NYJ, I think even genius Belicheck might not have gotten an SB win if were not for Mo Lewis collapsing Bledsoe's lung.

I think the big break for Belicheck and the Pats came when Marvin Lewis hit a scrambling Bledsoe and collapsed his lung.

250523[/snapback]

I'm surprised that NFL didn't suspend Marvin Lewis for leaving the sidelines to hit Bledsoe.

It's obviously impossible to figure that out because if you take out the hit on Bledsoe, you have to take out everything that followed...trades, FA aquisitions, etc. But I'll blindly guess zero primarily because they had just previously signed Drew to a huge extension $100Gzillion contract. For that money...Drew was playing as long as he was healthy.

The next question becomes the same question pounded on this board for months: is Drew good enough to win the big one?

Methinks not.

I'm surprised that NFL didn't suspend Marvin Lewis for leaving the sidelines to hit Bledsoe.

250563[/snapback]

he should have been ejected. a member of the coaching staff for a team that wasn't even playing, coming on the field and laying a hit....

wait a minute.....It was Mo Lewis, not Marvin.

It's obviously impossible to figure that out because if you take out the hit on Bledsoe, you have to take out everything that followed...trades, FA aquisitions, etc. But I'll blindly guess zero primarily because they had just previously signed Drew to a huge extension $100Gzillion contract. For that money...Drew was playing as long as he was healthy.

The next question becomes the same question pounded on this board for months: is Drew good enough to win the big one?

Methinks not.

250566[/snapback]

If by the big opne you mean the SB. Methinks not is a reasonable red[pomse cause did not win he had the chance.

However. since I'm a member of the Jim Kelly school who fell he won 4 big ones getting there just not THE big one, Bledsoe has already proved to me he can win the big game.

actually the offense did not change that much at all after brady came in for drew.pretty much the same plays were called. pats did not have down the field threats so there were no deep 20+ yards routes.the only one that could get open once in a great while past 15 yards was paten(glenn was hurt). watch the first game of the year vs cinn and the 2nd vs the jets,lots of short routes. ---anyways,god bless MO lewis