We needed it but it may bite us

4merper4mer

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills need to start thinking like the Pats and exploiting loop holes like this. Can we protest this game and have them change it to a loss for us???

Whaley, get on the phone!

In the meantime, Lets come up with a gameplan to ensure we lose against the Seahawks.

So true... we'd be in much better shape of making the playoffs had we lost

Sometimes when you win, you actually lose. Sometimes when you lose, you actually win. Sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie. Sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose.

I just root for the players to still be good friends regardless of the game outcomes

So true... we'd be in much better shape of making the playoffs had we lost

I just root for the players to still be good friends regardless of the game outcomes

I root for both teams and the refs. The outcome is irrelevant really, as long as everyone is having fun

Playoffs are determined by the entire 16 game record. Games at the beginning or end of the season are weighted equally but the first tie breaker for AFC teams is eliminating teams that have a good record against the NFC. You can look it up at NFL.com

This is the ridiculousness of your post: You are saying that tie breakers are better if we lose essentially than if we won yesterday. However, and pay close attention to this fact that seems to escape this logic:

To be in a tie breaker scenario for a playoff birth, you have to have enough wins to actually be tied with someone else for a playoff spot.

Therefore, the Win is exponentially MORE important to the 0-2 football team we were going into that game as than a tie breaker scenario. At 0-3, the odds dramatically decrease that we will be tied with anyone fighting for a playoff spot. So no offense, you are emphatically wrong that this could hurt us more than losing would have. There is no scenario where going 0-3 increases our odds of making the playoffs over being 1-2, especially since our next 4 games are absolutely all winnable, and if we do win all four we would be sitting at 5-2 instead of 4-3 had we lost yesterday. Or if we lose one of those games, we can still be at 4-3 rather than 3-4.

And none of what I said even factors in the confidence boost this team badly needed going into the NE game next week who will not be an easy win even if Edelman is playing QB, Coach BB has proven that over and over again. If we lose yesterday, would anyone even think we have a chance against NE next week? Probably not, and this teams moral wouldn't be very high either...all furthering the point, that winning was by far the best outcome yesterday.

Ummm First tie break is conference record. Having the same record and a better NFC record indicates that our AFC record would be worse since we all play 4 non-conference games. In no way shape or form is winning ever going to bite you - losing the first 2 will bite us.

Which means winning yesterday's game will have cost us.

Phenomenal work! :beer:

Honestly, I can't believe there are people on here with over 10,000 posts who still get baited into these threads. Crayonz/4mer is a master at it.