Marlins Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident at 24

Just Jack

My uncle was drafted in to the Army and sent to Vietnam. When he left, he left his speedboat in my dad's care. A year later, my uncle gets back from 'Nam, and dad greets him with "Hey...remember your boat?"

My father took the boat out on the Niagara river, and somehow, in a manner that no one has ever really understood, he managed to send the empty boat over the Falls.

Pretty sure that's not how my uncle wanted his boat driven.

(And it's still fun to ask my uncle "Hey, remember your boat?" in front of dad.)

How many people can say they have a boat that went over the Falls? Maybe a million I don't know but it's still a great cocktail party story. Almost as good as the one about me ruining my mother's grand piano. :cry:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people can say they have a boat that went over the Falls? Maybe a million I don't know but it's still a great cocktail party story. Almost as good as the one about me ruining my mother's grand piano. :cry:

I used to know someone who sent a piano over the Falls, too.

I'm pretty sure that anything smaller than a car has gone over the Falls at one time or another.

I used to know someone who sent a piano over the Falls, too.

I'm pretty sure that anything smaller than a car has gone over the Falls at one time or another.

Well we !@#$ed up mom's piano buy getting it wet. We decided to jam outdoors one spring. Went inside and covered it with a tarp. It rained and warped the soundboard. Kind of wish we went it over the falls. Forty years later and I still hear about it.

Well we !@#$ed up mom's piano buy getting it wet. We decided to jam outdoors one spring. Went inside and covered it with a tarp. It rained and warped the soundboard. Kind of wish we went it over the falls. Forty years later and I still hear about it.

As you should!!!!! :wallbash::lol:

• 5 weeks later...