Brady vs. Manning after Pats 3-0 start

prophrox2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In light of the Pats 3-0 start I again start to think Manning was the better QB - I know he has less rings and Brady is the best of all time, but I feel like J.P. Losman may have gotten a ring as QB of the Pats assuming the cheater was the coach.

And Manning also didn't excel because of the system he was playing in?

Sorry Brady is the best ever

And what happened to Mannings team when he was out? First pick in the draft? What happened when Brady was out? 11-5 and 3-0 this year?

Won a superbowl???

Cant put the Colts Tank on Manning being out.

I get it Bills fans you hate NE, I do as well. but not going to make things up to say that Brady is not the best QB of all time.

Edited by MAJBobby

Won a superbowl???

Cant put the Colts Tank on Manning being out.

:lol: You can't? They get the first pick if he plays that year? Nope, division champs as usual

And of course, that wasn't Peyton Manning last year. He couldn't throw, kinda important for a QB. IMO, Brady never develops if he was drafted by that garbage organization (Colts)

:lol: You can't? They get the first pick if he plays that year? Nope, division champs as usual

And of course, that wasn't Peyton Manning last year. He couldn't throw, kinda important for a QB. IMO, Brady never develops if he was drafted by that garbage organization (Colts)

No you cant. Go look at that Defense.... That was a concentrated effort from the Owner to get Luck

In light of the Pats 3-0 start I again start to think Manning was the better QB - I know he has less rings and Brady is the best of all time, but I feel like J.P. Losman may have gotten a ring as QB of the Pats assuming the cheater was the coach.

If you know Brady is the best of all time then what's the problem? He is. And please, PLEASE don't less this devolve into the all-time dumbest argument in the history of TBD and misguided football fans in general: that Montana's 4-0 is better than Brady's 4-2.

If you know Brady is the best of all time then what's the problem? He is. And please, PLEASE don't less this devolve into the all-time dumbest argument in the history of TBD and misguided football fans in general: that Montana's 4-0 is better than Brady's 4-2.

Football is the ultimate team sport though, so individual comparisions are difficult. It's not like baseball with a bunch of 1 on 1 matchups.

Do you think if the Bills drafted Brady in the 5th round that year that he would be Tom Brady? The GOAT?

And what happened to Mannings team when he was out? First pick in the draft? What happened when Brady was out? 11-5 and 3-0 this year?

The 2 SB Manning won, his DEFENSE won both of them for him. (The first one IMO they won in spite of his crappy performance in the playoffs)

While Brady led game winning drives in 3 of the 4 in the last two minutes. (And even did that with just over 2 minutes to go in the 16-0 season) that is why I consider him better than manning.

Football is the ultimate team sport though, so individual comparisions are difficult. It's not like baseball with a bunch of 1 on 1 matchups.

Do you think if the Bills drafted Brady in the 5th round that year that he would be Tom Brady? The GOAT?

No, of course not. Nor would Jeter be Jeter if he got drafted by the Astros. It is what it is. As it stands, Brady is the greatest QB post-Johnny Unitas/merger and it's not that close. Now greatest running back? That's an interesting conversation...

I never understood that math on how 4>6 lol... As for GOAT IMO different eras and rules it is unfair to compare them. God know what numbers Montana put up in this QB friendly league.

I never understood that math on how 4>6 lol... As for GOAT IMO different eras and rules it is unfair to compare them. God know what numbers Montana put up in this QB friendly league.

They are arguing that Brady making it to the Super Bowl and losing < Montana losing in the NFC Championship game, which he did twice. So Brady losing in the AFC Championship game last year was a greater accomplishment than had he won the game and then lost a hard fought Super Bowl to Carolina. Again, it is the dumbest, most illogical, antiquated argument I've ever seen but don't worry, someone will make it any minute now...

No way, Brady is a product of the system, plug and play. If he gets drafted by any other team, he's at the level (at best) of a guy like Carson Palmer.

1st all QBs are system QBs even Manning. For a good example Steve Young SUCKED on the Bucks but was a HOFer on the 49ers.

They are arguing that Brady making it to the Super Bowl and losing < Montana losing in the NFC Championship game, which he did twice. So Brady losing in the AFC Championship game last year was a greater accomplishment than had he won the game and then lost a hard fought Super Bowl to Carolina. Again, it is the dumbest, most illogical, antiquated argument I've ever seen but don't worry, someone will make it any minute now...

It's almost a dumb as using team statistics to rank individual players

It's almost a dumb as using team statistics to rank individual players

I never said Super Bowls were the end all be all in determining who the greatest players are. I think most people on here would rank Dan Marino ahead of Terry Bradshaw wouldn't they? I simply said that if you are using Super Bowls as A factor in determining a player's all time greatness- which, of course you should- then 4-2 obviously > 4-0.

The biggest game they could play against each other in was the AFC Title game.

Manning won 3 against Belichick and lost once.

That should tell you how great he was.

In the playoffs it's actually 3 - 2 and neither one won in the others house in the playoffs. Tells you how important that truly is.