New "Simplified Offense"

DirtDart

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is Rexs MO, and yes the sooner he is gone the better although I don't that fits Pegulas tank plan, (see my sig)

Would love have Roman back as the running game coordinator.

I want an OC who is master strategist who uses one play to setup other plays and be 5 plays ahead in his thinking just like a chess player would.

You want the Bills to take a 1st round RB? Yeah! Good answer!

So, we all saw the play calling issues the first two games, in regard to late calling and no checking out of plays.

Everyone could see that was problem.

Why didn't they try putting the G Ro in the booth? Even Hackett realized he could get the bigger picture.

I am going to suggest the chain of communication is at fault.

Roman had to have guys calling down him what they were seeing and trendings, formations and subs.

Were these the guys that caused the issues? It happened on D last year too. It has happened with questioning penalties and challenge flags.

Roman should have trusted TT make some calls perhaps.

My point is that maybe just maybe, its a poorly organized program.

My thinking is spurred by Lynn going upstairs. and suggesting TT can make adjustments.

This is probably the right call.

Maybe too little too late. But the right call.

Yeh i cant remember if it was espn radio or nfln. I forget what i was listening to

seems i read that too.

Nowhere to go but up, right !?

So, we all saw the play calling issues the first two games, in regard to late calling and no checking out of plays.

Everyone could see that was problem.

Why didn't they try putting the G Ro in the booth? Even Hackett realized he could get the bigger picture.

I am going to suggest the chain of communication is at fault.

Roman had to have guys calling down him what they were seeing and trendings, formations and subs.

Were these the guys that caused the issues? It happened on D last year too. It has happened with questioning penalties and challenge flags.

Roman should have trusted TT make some calls perhaps.

My point is that maybe just maybe, its a poorly organized program.

My thinking is spurred by Lynn going upstairs. and suggesting TT can make adjustments.

Maybe too little too late. But the right call.

seems i read that too.

Nowhere to go but up, right !?

process of elimination. have to start somewhere.

Respect for Lynn widespread in Bills locker room

Right after appointing Anthony Lynn as his offensive coordinator, head coach Rex Ryan quickly made mention of the widespread respect Lynn has among his fellow coaches on staff and in the locker room. Some of the team’s most high profile players confirmed that respect and explained why.

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: Three-and-outs, third downs and operating at a snail's pace all must be fixed for the #Bills' offense: https://t.co/T8AIvjSzLx

1. Stop going three-and-out.

2. Figure out what’s going wrong on third down.

3. Run more plays.

4. Pick up the pace.

5. Get better in third-and-short.

@MatthewFairburn

Here's a full transcript of what new Buffalo Bills OC Anthony Lynn said in his first press conference: https://t.co/u1K6I8lxX2

Evidence suggests TT isn't adept at reading defenses; which if true, wouldn't make him adept at adjustments. I guess we will find out!

Evidence suggests TT isn't adept at reading defenses; which if true, wouldn't make him adept at adjustments. I guess we will find out!

I cannot argue that point. But i do find it hard to believe he does not understand the game.

Perhaps he was being something he is not ?

His best plays are the broken ones. Maybe the script under G Ro was too strict and he was just playing obedient.

Get the run game going and let the him find his rhythm for once. work on those screens and slants and let the ball go

1 2 3 throw. Let the Receiver go get it.

well one can hope

My point all along has been getting lined up with enough time for TT to read the defense. And trust me, I am not making excused for him, I am not sold on TT. It's maddening when they are lining up and all TT has time to do is clap his hands quickly for a snap because the play clock is about to run out. I want to see the O lined up with at least 10 seconds on the clock to determine if, given the time, TT can read a defense.

Not saying I agree, but I can see why they are going this route.

Oh me too.

Seems as if they were unhappy with Roman's lack of collaboration with regard to gameplanning.

Collaboration with whom 26 ?

My point all along has been getting lined up with enough time for TT to read the defense. And trust me, I am not making excused for him, I am not sold on TT. It's maddening when they are lining up and all TT has time to do is clap his hands quickly for a snap because the play clock is about to run out. I want to see the O lined up with at least 10 seconds on the clock to determine if, given the time, TT can read a defense.

Now i get to use your line..

Gotta start somewhere. And that is a damned fine place to begin !

Well about damn time...Romans over complicating simple possessions like 3rd and 1 into gimmick plays, long bombs, etc was absurd. Thats how you lose football games...go get the damn 1st down, don't get cute or try and out smart them...just get the damn first down and extend the drive. I have never been so mad at an OC since Hackett was here like I was on Thursday night. Its like these coordinators are more concerned looking like a genius than they are of getting the first down.

Reminded me of that Poker player who calls on the River with very little in his hand because he wants to make the "Hero" call and be right...except he almost always wrong, behind, and loses are for the sake of that one time of getting the glory when it rarely works.

That sounds like our drafting philosophy on occassion as well (see EJ, Maybin, Whitner, TJ Graham, etc). Always wanting to look like the smartest guy in the room.