New "Simplified Offense"

DirtDart

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisBrownBills

Coach Lynn - on identity of offense. - want to play, smart, physical football, be explosive and stay on the field. #Bills

Coach Lynn - for better execution we've reduced the variables. We want to be able to play fast. Changes at LOS will be there. #Bills

Coach Lynn- it's a challenge, I've accepted the challenge and I think I'm the right man for the challenge. #Bills

@mikerodak

Anthony Lynn on Sammy Watkins getting ball more: "That's been a focus, but it's also a focus for Sammy to get on the practice field."

@ChrisBrownBills

Coach Lynn - if you get the ball to your playmakers they'll make more plays than you'll ever design. #Bills

I will say there is a lot of distancing going on at OBD tossing all the problems on Roman..... Sure toss the canned coach under the Bus in all your talking points

So OC lets see it.

Jonah Javad @JonahJavad 1m1 minute ago

LeSean McCoy said Greg Roman's offense had "80-90 plays." New offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn: "It's way more than that." #Bills @WGRZ

Even the Defense doing it.
WGR 550 @WGR550 2m2 minutes ago

K. Williams - ARZ likes to run 2-3 different run plays, Palmer can make just about any throw. It all comes down to execution #Bills

Edited by MAJBobby

I will say there is a lot of distancing going on at OBD tossing all the problems on Roman..... Sure toss the canned coach under the Bus in all your talking points

So OC lets see it.

Jonah Javad @JonahJavad 1m1 minute ago

LeSean McCoy said Greg Roman's offense had "80-90 plays." New offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn: "It's way more than that." #Bills @WGRZ

Even the Defense doing it.
WGR 550 @WGR550 2m2 minutes ago

K. Williams - ARZ likes to run 2-3 different run plays, Palmer can make just about any throw. It all comes down to execution #Bills

All the problems aren't on Roman, but he most likely was one of them...

Edited by ricojes

Again players are complaining they can not comprehend a playbook, this year it is Offense, last year it was Defense. Did they all fail the wonderlic? Why are all these guys unable to comprehend what the coaches are doing? Are we the only team that needs to make things vanilla for our players? Are the coaches unable to convey to the players what they want properly? I don't get it.

Well about damn time...Romans over complicating simple possessions like 3rd and 1 into gimmick plays, long bombs, etc was absurd. Thats how you lose football games...go get the damn 1st down, don't get cute or try and out smart them...just get the damn first down and extend the drive. I have never been so mad at an OC since Hackett was here like I was on Thursday night. Its like these coordinators are more concerned looking like a genius than they are of getting the first down.

Reminded me of that Poker player who calls on the River with very little in his hand because he wants to make the "Hero" call and be right...except he almost always wrong, behind, and loses are for the sake of that one time of getting the glory when it rarely works.

I would argue there were a lot of other problems that needed to be addressed before Roman and they were on the defensive side.

Not going to debate, or argue, the order. The defense needs some work, but something needed to be done with the offense as well...

Well about damn time...Romans over complicating simple possessions like 3rd and 1 into gimmick plays, long bombs, etc was absurd. Thats how you lose football games...go get the damn 1st down, don't get cute or try and out smart them...just get the damn first down and extend the drive. I have never been so mad at an OC since Hackett was here like I was on Thursday night. Its like these coordinators are more concerned looking like a genius than they are of getting the first down.

Reminded me of that Poker player who calls on the River with very little in his hand because he wants to make the "Hero" call and be right...except he almost always wrong, behind, and loses are for the sake of that one time of getting the glory when it rarely works.

Not a more infuriating OC since the last one, huh? :nana:

Well about damn time...Romans over complicating simple possessions like 3rd and 1 into gimmick plays.

No doubt that was frustrating to watch, but the funny thing is, if EJ doesn't fumble on 3rd and 1, it's a first down. the play actually worked, EJ fumbled and lost a half yard...

WTF is the point in installing 90 plays when your offense can't achieve more than 50 snaps a game?

I suspect it gives you flexibility depending on what the defense is doing. For example 10 plays in one system could just be a bunch of variants represented by one play in another, but are various scripted reactions based on the defensive look.

At the end of the day, there are all sorts of factoids condemning Romons approach. It will only hold valid if we start seeing some execution. Otherwise it was just another splashy move without substance.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood