9-21: Bills' OC Anthony Lynn on the John Murphy Show

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you or I believe isn't the issue. Proof is in the pudding, so we'll begin to see on Sunday.

the purpose of this site is to discuss and share information and share opinion. Reporting "pressers" is not discussion.

When did a football coach ever speak direct truth the week of a game. Maj makes a good point...and I would think many would agree.

Why not do some real reporting a get the inside information to share rather than post what BS Rex and his boys tell the Buffalo media for spin.

the purpose of this site is to discuss and share information and share opinion. Reporting "pressers" is not discussion.

When did a football coach ever speak direct truth the week of a game. Maj makes a good point...and I would think many would agree.

Why not do some real reporting a get the inside information to share rather than post what BS Rex and his boys tell the Buffalo media for spin.

The irony of this post

So it only ok for you and your punchbowl pisshers to sit and speculate what is happening behind scenes (as if you know jack ****) in the interest of "discussion" but it is not ok to quote people in the know in their pressures (and WHO CARES i they are telling the truth....YOU are not telling the truth...your just spewing nonsense.)

Edited by John from Hemet

You can still run the ball if u pick up the pace. I think we want to try and catch the opposing teams defense a little more off guard

Force personnel mismatches by going faster than they can substitute. Especially with guys like Clay, Shady, even Bush that can line up in the backfield/inline and then flex out to the slot.

What they've been doing hasn't worked, maybe a polar opposite approach isn't the most insane idea.

Hopefully less substitutions, spread it out and run, big set and pass... Try and keep them off our scent

Force personnel mismatches by going faster than they can substitute. Especially with guys like Clay, Shady, even Bush that can line up in the backfield/inline and then flex out to the slot.

What they've been doing hasn't worked, maybe a polar opposite approach isn't the most insane idea.

Exactly. Line up shady wide and go empty. If they adjust, line up under center and see what they do

Hopefully less substitutions, spread it out and run, big set and pass... Try and keep them off our scent

Exactly. Line up shady wide and go empty. If they adjust, line up under center and see what they do

Things that have been discussed

- Tyrod not making changes at the LOS

- Play calls COMING IN TOO LATE

- Lack of Rythum to the offense

They are trying to fix it.....will it work? I dont know....im willing to wait and see

I have reservations about this "faster pace", whatever that means.

In his 18 games (under Roman, anyway), TT has really struggled in two-minute offenses. Now I'm not saying the fast pace will be of the hurry-up variety, but if one of TT's complaints has been not getting plays in fast enough and thus not having enough time to survey the defense pre-snap, I'm not sure the faster pace best serves him. He seems to need more time pre snap. This concerns me because in order to compensate for that lack of time, TT is going to have to go to his first reads even more than he does now because I don't think he'll be good at post snap recognition given what I've seen of his pre snap management to date.

Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by K-9

In his 18 games (under Roman, anyway), TT has really struggled in two-minute offenses. Now I'm not saying the fast pace will be of the hurry-up variety, but if one of TT's complaints has been not getting plays in fast enough and thus not having enough time to survey the defense pre-snap, I'm not sure the faster pace best serves him. He seems to need more time pre snap. This concerns me because in order to compensate for that lack of time, TT is going to have to go to his first reads even more than he does now because I don't think he'll be good at post snap recognition given what I've seen of his pre snap management to date.

Hope I'm wrong.

That's a good point. However - with the way this season has gone so far - if TT is unable to handle the faster pace, I'd just as soon see it revealed as plainly as possible in the remaining games. Because I would consider that a fundamental skill that any QB the team is going to commit to long term will need to have. It may well be a fiasco but I'd rather see that than pay him like a star at the position only to find out that he isn't up to the task.

Hope I'm wrong.

I wonder if speed things up also means getting the play into TT so he has a chance to look at the defense and make pre snap reads

I wonder if speed things up also means getting the play into TT so he has a chance to look at the defense and make pre snap reads

Getting the plays in faster would help, but if TT needs to take the extra time to survey as he should, then I wonder just how much faster the pace it will effectively be. We'll see.

Getting the plays in faster would help, but if TT needs to take the extra time to survey as he should, then I wonder just how much faster the pace it will effectively be. We'll see.

It isn't to necessarily snap any faster, but get lined up faster. Maybe have a backup plan if a play looks blown up..?

I like having the oc in the booth, you can concentrate more. Communication issues are tough, but you get a much better view up there.

That's a good point. However - with the way this season has gone so far - if TT is unable to handle the faster pace, I'd just as soon see it revealed as plainly as possible in the remaining games. Because I would consider that a fundamental skill that any QB the team is going to commit to long term will need to have. It may well be a fiasco but I'd rather see that than pay him like a star at the position only to find out that he isn't up to the task.

Agree entirely.

The irony of this post

So it only ok for you and your punchbowl pisshers to sit and speculate what is happening behind scenes (as if you know jack ****) in the interest of "discussion" but it is not ok to quote people in the know in their pressures (and WHO CARES i they are telling the truth....YOU are not telling the truth...your just spewing nonsense.)

didn't say it was not ok to report what others said, but it is also ok to debate the possibilities and the real truth.

just because it is reported Rex said something does not mean what Rex said is the truth. Discussing that is what this site has always been.

Except of course if it comes from you and and then it is not discussion it is the gospel according to St.John