9-21: Bills' OC Anthony Lynn on the John Murphy Show

26CornerBlitz

Lynn - it's been a career goal, but this is not how I wanted to get this job. I liked working with Greg Roman #Bills

#Bills OC Anthony Lynn "It is my job just to get this offense going in the right direction"

Lynn - when I call plays, I like to go upstairs and see the big picture #Bills

Lynn - when you're playing at a faster pace, you put more pressure on the opposing defense. That's what we're going to do #Bills

Lynn - we have to stay on the field. Too many three-and-outs, and I think that's a big reason why we're 0-2 #Bills

#Bills OC Anthony Lynn "We have got to stay on the field"

Lynn - our offense is not complicated. The volume can be a problem at times, but we have to find our players' sweet spots #Bills

#Bills OC Anthony Lynn "I think @TyrodTaylor throws one of the best deep balls in the game"

Lynn - I recognize Sammy as a top receiver, but I know he's injured. We have to target him and get him the ball #Bills

Lynn - ARZ is an outstanding defense, but I think we match up with them well. Like the plan that we have in place #Bills

Lynn - staying on the field is how we get Shady going. He's not getting enough touches, but we'll take what the defense is giving us #Bills

Lynn - I was totally blindsided by this move. I've been here grinding, but I feel good about what we're game planning #Bills

9-21: BILLS' OC ANTHONY LYNN ON THE JOHN MURPHY SHOW (10:09)

Sounds like more of an up tempo and simplified offense is coming.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go by history and this guy has been with Rex entire time. Rex wont change what he is.

But he just did - he changed him from RB coach to Offensive Coordinator.

Regardless, you believe your Truthiness and the rest of us (ok, a few of us, ok, very few) will actually wait to see what happens on Sunday...

But he just did - he changed him from RB coach to Offensive Coordinator.

Regardless, you believe your Truthiness and the rest of us (ok, a few of us, ok, very few) will actually wait to see what happens on Sunday...

Got it. REX takes the RB coach that also has been with Rex during 6 years of bad offenses.

Makes RB OC. And Bills expect a passing game explosion.

Rex set the culture. Run first ground and pound play defense.

He is not changing that.

Got it. REX takes the RB coach that also has been with Rex during 6 years of bad offenses.

Makes RB OC. And Bills expect a passing game explosion.

Rex set the culture. Run first ground and pound play defense.

He is not changing that.

Can't you just be miserable by yourself and leave the rest of us be?

Sure ignore me. And go back to just being glad they have a team. Inwill continue to demand Better than just existing.

There's two main ways of coping.

1. Delusional positivity

2. Pretending you're smarter than everyone else and constantly asserting you're not one of the "sheeple"

Can you guess which annoying one you are?

As a heads up:

Every one knows the team is in dire straits. You can stop pretending you're some kind of prophet and are here to save us with the truth. Every one knows the Bills are bad and will probably continue to be that way this year. The same as every year. Every one knows the root causes of them being bad. It's just that not everyone wants to wallow in their own misery and filth like you.

Edited by Billschinatown

I am definitely #1, not sure it's really any better than being #2 :cry:

There's two main ways of coping.

1. Delusional positivity
2. Pretending you're smarter than everyone else and constantly asserting you're not one of the "sheeple"

Can you guess which annoying one you are?

As a heads up:
Every one knows the team is in dire straits. You can stop pretending you're some kind of prophet and are here to save us with the truth. Every one knows the Bills are bad and will probably continue to be that way this year. The same as every year. Every one knows the root causes of them being bad. It's just that not everyone wants to wallow in their own misery and filth like you.

Sure ignore me. And go back to just being glad they have a team. Inwill continue to demand Better than just existing.

I think his point is more along the lines of why not wait and see what actually happens before criticizing that which hasn't happened yet?

Edited by thebandit27

I am definitely #1, not sure it's really any better than being #2 :cry:

I mean I'm fairly confident the new offense will include more than 2 targets to Watkins, Clay targets, and Shady use the right way. Actual 3rd down down conversions. Screen plays and slant routes.

I know which one I am....I also know how often this team disappoints. Lol.

But hey you never know...can dream till Sunday.

Edited by Billschinatown

I like the idea of faster pace and giving their playmakers more opportunities, even though both sound cliche.

Greg Salas shouldn't be the most targeted receiver.

Shady shouldn't be running behind Ryan Groy.

Rely on the best players and good things will happen.

I hope they're equating "faster pace" to greater urgency. Winning teams treat the first drive as if its the game winning drive. So, they don't have to go full tilt, no huddle offense all game. Just maintain that urgency that winning teams show.

I think his point is more along the lines of why not wait and see what actually happens before criticizing that which hasn't happened yet?

Not how the world works in 2016 - you need to take a position passionately FIRST, then if the thing your talking about comes true, you look like the smartest person the Internet. To yourself.

I can't WAIT until they prove the Earth is flat, all you round-Earth believers will be like "Daaaaaaamn, Heitz knew what was up!" :beer:

And count me in the "Optimistic Positivity with Tempered Enthusiasm" camp...

Edited by Heitz

Not how the world works in 2016 - you need to take a position passionately FIRST, then if the thing your talking about comes true, you look like the smartest person the Internet. To yourself.

I can't WAIT until they prove the Earth is flat, all you round-Earth believers will be like "Daaaaaaamn, Heitz knew what was up!" :beer:

And count me in the "Optimistic Positivity with Tempered Enthusiasm" camp...

For the record, I've already said that aliens are living on one of Jupiter's moons.

That one is mine.

Edited by LeGOATski

Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Please send $10 Cash to:

The Shack At Hammer's Lot

Attn: The Flat Earth Society

3 Bills Drive

OP, NY

I refuse to distribute digitally because, you know, that's how they get ya...

Finally listened to the interview, I can't believe that Lynn said we're not going to throw anymore!

For real, I had to chuckle when he said team's run an average of 65 - 70 plays per game - so if you have 25 runs and 35 passes and call them all once, that's a game, so you don't need a whole lot. Wonder how many G-Ro had installed each game?