Why isn't Jonathan Williams playing?

YoloinOhio

I thought Reggie looked pretty good in the preseason but it just hasn't translated to the regular season. I don't think they used him right in game 1 and didn't use him at all really in game 2. Maybe that will change.

Still, need a bigger back like JWill between the tackles. That way you don't need to screw around with the backup QB on short yardage.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even realize Bush was active on Thursday.

Gillisie looked pretty solid-- his little catch and run on that TD was quite nifty.

Sure seems like whenever Gillislee gets some playing time he makes some plays. It wouldn't hurt to give he and Williams a few more opportunities if they are active.

Is it still the ribs or something else that he's been inactive? The Bills have no inside running game as Shady and Bush are both edge runners. Gillislee is an option but they haven't given him the ball in the run game for some reason either. JWill is 6'0 225 and I'm mystified they have kept him on th shelf unless he's still hurt. As far as I know he is practicing...

I don't have an answer but if we need a power running game, I agree J Williams and Gillislee both seem better choices than McCoy, who is a finesse guy.

Probably the ribs. But I still have no idea why Gillislee isn't getting Bush's playing time, or why Bush is even on the team?

seeing him on the sideline all I could think about was he banged Kim Kardashian and that's his only claim to fame as an adult.

Just watching him 30' in front of me the guy looked bored. He needs to be gone.

I'm wondering if Lynn might make changes to the offense to try to fit McCoy's strengths better.

Is there anything that can be done, maybe more spread sets?

we don't have the lineman we need to be pulling and moving to set up the screens, pulls and traps we need for McCoy right now. Which is why crowding the box, jamming the OL and making McCoy run outside is succeeding. He's not fast like he was and he doesn't seem to see the holes or want to take a hit

Probably the ribs. But I still have no idea why Gillislee isn't getting Bush's playing time, or why Bush is even on the team?

Yep. Hopefully this week we see JWill and Gilly in there punishing the DEF. That is what were missing from last year, a power change of pace back to punish opposing Defenses and wear them down for a quick play to Shady.

i wouldn't be surprised if JWill is activated and Bush inactive since we have Tate to return kicks. But I thought I heard Lynn was the one who wanted Bush (heh)

I hope so. Tate has been doing good. Huge upgrade over McFumbles.

Yep. Hopefully this week we see JWill and Gilly in there punishing the DEF. That is what were missing from last year, a power change of pace back to punish opposing Defenses and wear them down for a quick play to Shady.

I hope so. Tate has been doing good. Huge upgrade over McFumbles.

Stupid Karlos. I wonder if they'd even entertain bringing him back after game 4, assuming he's lost the necessary weight?

Yeah, Tate has been a nice surprise. He's 6th in punt return average and tied for 13th in KO return average.

Stupid Karlos. I wonder if they'd even entertain bringing him back after game 4, assuming he's lost the necessary weight?

Yeah, Tate has been a nice surprise. He's 6th in punt return average and tied for 13th in KO return average.

if what Sal said about the trust issues between Karlos and teammates, coaches is true then I don't think he will be back

I thought the clock on his suspension doesn't start ticking until he is under contract?

we don't have the lineman we need to be pulling and moving to set up the screens, pulls and traps we need for McCoy right now. Which is why crowding the box, jamming the OL and making McCoy run outside is succeeding. He's not fast like he was and he doesn't seem to see the holes or want to take a hit

Typically that kind of thing is associated with the guards. What do you see?

If hes in playing shape I would entertain it.

if what Sal said about the trust issues between Karlos and teammates, coaches is true then I don't think he will be back

Yeah whats that all about Yolo? Havent heard of that one before

Boyst, why would that be when we have the same linemen as last year and McCoy did all right?