Watkins - Here we go again

Billsfan1972

If true then throw him the damn ball Tyrod! I don't care who catches it. It is a fact that Sammy gets the safety over the top consistently though.

It's true (Woods open a lot). Sammy was quoted as saying he pointed it out after watching film.

I know this....our OL thus far looks a heck of a lot better pass protecting then they do in the run blocking......

No reason why the bills should not try to take advantage of that

JfH, I haven't subjected myself to the all-22 this year so far. But I have thought I've seen some pretty good holes our RBs have not taken advantage of.

Other times, teams are just committing to stopping the run. The best run blocking won't work against that with a finesse runner, only a power back can bull on through. And teams will keep doing that, until we make it hurt them.

Tyrod goes to the LOS. He waits 20 seconds for a play call and doesn't "survey the field". Often times I see Watkins in a good match up but Roman has called "his" play. Frustrating to no end.

Vs. NYJ a great pass to Goodwin, a busted play where Salas was wide open and 2 last drive where down 13 points indicates the lack of thinking on Offense.

Where are the screens or quick throws to Watkins? He KILLED teams with those at Clemson and we have never even tried one ONCE since he has been here...WTF is wrong with these coaches...

Common sense football:

When a DB is lined up 10 yards off Watkins, simply snap the ball, plant your foot in the ground and have Watkins turn to face Taylor and throw him the ball. Its an automatic 6 or 7 yard gain at least if not more, and Watkins has a chance to take that to the house everytime.

Beats running for -3 yards on first down.

Same thing with CJ Spiller. After he was drafted, half the clips I saw of him scoring long TDs were on passes to him out of the backfield. He'd run a wheel route so a LB had to pick him up and it was a mismatch. Splitting him out wide, he was picked up by a DB and didn't have the advantage. Hitting him on a screen pass wasn't as effective because he had to stop or slow down and he tended to make bad decisions.