Make Polian an Offer He Can't Refuse

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Not knocking the idea of bringing in Polian or anybody else for that matter.

I just like how all the fans throw money around like it is their money to spend.

Why not offer him $100 million? Why only $50 mill. After all, its not your money.

And let's bring Harbaugh in here for an even Billion. Someone in another thread said Pegula should offer him a blank check.

What would Harbaugh write in there? one billion, one point five billion,

Pegulas must really chuckle when they hear how other people want to spend their money like it is toilet paper.

Yea because they only have the most actual dollar's on their roster this season. Rex Ryan is getting $5.5 million a year and Roman was the highest paid offensive coordinator in the league. It would actually be advantageous to hire someone at the top who knows what they are doing on the football side. That way bad contracts on players and coaches aren't constantly given out and costing the Pegulas way, waaaaaaay more money than it would to pay more for someone who is proven at top.

There were reports that the Pegulas wanted to hire Bill Polian as a football czar, but he apparently wasn't interested. I think part of the reason he wasn't interested is because he didn't want to have to do the dirty work of firing Whaley and the rest of the scouting department.

When the season ends fire Whaley and Rex. Give Bill Polian a monetary offer he can't refuse. Say 5 years $50 million. The Pegulas have been throwing money at players and coaches to no result. Do the smart thing and put your money on someone who is proven.

Bill Polian knows how to set up a successful structure to a football team. He has done it 3 times with some historic results. I don't care if he displays complete nepotism and hires his son as GM. The Bills are dysfunctional and need a total rebuild. They need someone with experience and knowledge to come in and set them up for the future. Also someone to school the Pegulas on how to have sustained success in the NFL.

Make Bill Polian a very rich man and sell him on coming back to Buffalo to help complete the job he started.

I think they should hire all the core guys from the Super Bowl teams!

Steve Tasker - Special Teams

Jim Kelly - Head Coach/OC

Bruce Smith - DC

Daryl Talley - LB coach

I mean imagine it. They would never lose.

Just do it, Pegula!

I think the football czar is one of the stupidest ideas ever. How come every other team has a GM and we need a czar? If you don't like the job that Whaley's doing fire him and hire someone else. Let them make the coaching hires. It's really not that complicated. That guy should 1,000% not be Bill Polian.

The "czar" I think they need is someone to help them find a qualified GM and possibly how to set up an org straucture. From there the GM should have 100000% control of coaching and scouting

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I think they should hire all the core guys from the Super Bowl teams!

Steve Tasker - Special Teams

Jim Kelly - Head Coach/OC

Bruce Smith - DC

Daryl Talley - LB coach

I mean imagine it. They would never lose.

Just do it, Pegula!

Yea hiring a HOF front office exec to help the Pegulas set up the structure of the franchise going forward is equivalent to just hiring your best all time players as coaches.

Too many people want on this board want to be comedians.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

The "czar" I think they need is someone to help them find a qualified GM and possibly how to set up an org straucture. From there the GM should have 100000% control of coaching and scouting

Again, it's not that complicated. I don't understand why you need a consultant to do that? Interview qualified candidates and hire the one whose philosophy best meshes with yours. I mean, I just threw out a name that would make a lot of sense. If I can identify it, they certainly should be able to.

It really muddies the waters if you bring in a czar type. They are recommending people that fit THEIR philosophy and not necessarily the Pegula's. They have to identify the guy that they want and hire him.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

What football philosophies to the pegulas possess? They are green and need help. This whole rex ryan disaster proves that. Nobody in the organization currently should be providing the sorely needed help.

What football philosophies does Bob Kraft possess?

It's not an "x" and "o" thing. You are hiring someone who has a similar philosophy to building an organization that you do. Do you want to be conservative? Aggressive? How important are off the field issues? You build your staff and management in football just like you would in any other business.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

There is no reason to Hire a Czar.

Either let your GM hire the guy (would have been Hugh Jackson)

Or replace the GM and let him hire who he wants.

And when Brandon calls you and says dont let someone out of the Building IGNORE HIM

This is exactly where I am. Let the current GM do his job or get another one then get out of the way to let him fulfill his duties and responsibilities (including hiring a coach). The czar talk is outdated.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Again, it's not that complicated. I don't understand why you need a consultant to do that? Interview qualified candidates and hire the one whose philosophy best meshes with yours. I mean, I just through out a name that would make a lot of sense. If I can identify it, they certainly should be able to.

It really muddies the waters if you bring in a czar type. They are recommending people that for THEIR philosophy and not necessarily the Pegula's. They have to identify the guy that they want and hire him.

No it isn't that complicated, do you really think they have a philosophy other than I want to win? I just don't know their level competence, or lack there of. If they aren't comfortable making that choice, hire someone to help guide you and be on your way. If you are great, get it done...

What football philosophies to the pegulas possess? They are green and need help. This whole rex ryan disaster proves that. Nobody in the organization currently should be providing the sorely needed help.

Maybe they should have ignored Brandon when he said dont let Rex out of the building and listened to Whaley Hugh Jackson would have been the HC

Bob kraft was a huge football fan and a patriots season ticket holder back to the afl days.

And essentially his czar was bb anyways. Was allowed to become the sheriff and rebuild a stagnant franchise. Kraft handed him the keys to the car and goes along for the ride, holding up lombardis.