USA Today: "Frustration with Roman spilled into locker room"

YoloinOhio

I got it now. Blind optimism.

Your living in a fantasy world when it comes to this team but keep going.

I intend to

He was doing the same things all offseason saying "it's a new year" things will change!

I realize that the NNN's are out in force and patting each other on the back given the situation

I will stay the course

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because its early......we are 2 games in. There are pieces of this defense that are looking pretty good.....we are missing our top D player to suspension and are going to get him back. Hughes is a monster....the fill in lbs have played well......Lorax looks solid.

I dont want to commit to Shaq Lawson being a game changer this year because I dont know....but if he does give us some contributions that will also help.

A big problem we have right now is without Marcel we dont have a DL rotation to keep from getting tired in games if the O is on the field too long.

If you think the game hinges on Marcel, well i do not know what to tell you

If you think the game hinges on Marcel, well i do not know what to tell you

Are we talking about the last 2 games or the season in general?

THe season in general? No.....if this offense does not learn to stay on the field....run the ball effectively......and convert 3rd downs...Marcel wont matter

The last 2 games? We are not getting interior pass rush and offenses are running the ball for 1st downs in critical situation....Marcel is critical to that happening to us

If a Coach needs one pro bowl -all pro DT to make it work? thats a sad state of affairs

Dareus would have helped with the 4 man rush, possibly collapsing the pocket faster and rushing Fitz's throws, all of which might have helped the CBs and defense overall.

Yes we are a sad state of affairs...

I hope people realize that the good, sophisticated offenses (NE, Arizona) change plans radically every week based on opponent. That player's criticism strikes me as a pretty witless.

Yes, they do, but also no, they don't. New England will run their bread and butter pick plays to get the ball into Edelman's hands Every. Single. Week. Some weeks that is 90% of their offense because it works so well. Other times its only a small part. But its always there. The same is true with Bruce Arians and the Cardinals. He will run his verticals and try to get it to his burners in John Brown and JJ Nelson, but those shots vary based on success. But they're always there.

Roman didn't really have anything like that.

If the report is true, it reminds me of after season comments made by defensive players about Rex's scheme being too complicated. Are the players not able to understand this is the NFL and it requires complex schemes at times? Do they think you can just line up and go at the opponent.

I'm beginning to think a lot of these players aren't putting in the work nor have the understanding that winning in the league requires out-thinking your opponent.

It's not the players at all IMO as the Bills have two of the very best DB's in the league when you have a decent pass rush on the opposing QB. You just can't leave these guy to hang out to dry all game and expect them to not give up some big plays after awhile as they tend to get... you know...tired.

The time of possession was basically Jets 40 min to Bills 20 min and that Bills defense was on the field for 40 min.

Rex Ryan's defense isn't all that complex it's just that Ryan tends to overcomplicate things by putting far too many variations and reads on their plate. It's like an OC who wants to run a 10'' thick playbook with 100 plays in it when the team only needs to learn around twenty-five to get by with. What we saw on the field this last week looked like the very same defense that Rob Ryan was fired in NO for running.

Fitz is just a journeyman QB who had a good game so I can't even imagine what Brady or another elite QB would do to that defense. Probably set another Bills franchise worst in yards passing allowed.

Let's not forget that mostly the very same players had the #4 defense in yards and points allowed in 2014. To me it's the bad coaches attempting to make an outdated scheme work.

I def am looking forward to see what it looks like.

if the pegulas were the ones frustrated you can bet they wanted to know why they're paying 20 million to a few stars and they never see the ball. right or wrong our playmakers should see the ball next week.

Tell that to the Schwartz defense in the Oakland game.

I recall that game clearly

They're going to write that on Jim Schwartz' tombstone.

I thought it was his amazing rotation and ear pinning ?

Marcel would have helped and might have possibly done enough to help us win the game, but the structural problems would still exist....

I agree on both points

Yes, they do, but also no, they don't. New England will run their bread and butter pick plays to get the ball into Edelman's hands Every. Single. Week. Some weeks that is 90% of their offense because it works so well. Other times its only a small part. But its always there. The same is true with Bruce Arians and the Cardinals. He will run his verticals and try to get it to his burners in John Brown and JJ Nelson, but those shots vary based on success. But they're always there.

Roman didn't really have anything like that.

Pick plays? Wait..... that's not legal!

Oh, it's the Pats*