Why do people think the offense will change

Yeezus

This guy that they appointed believes in the power run game more than Roman did

Get ready for another run run pass offense. Coaches who have never called offensive plays in their career tend to crash and burn.

The firing of Roman was a joke, just an excuse.

Give us fans who aren't eating this crap up one good reason why the offense will be better than it used to be.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy that they appointed believes in the power run game more than Roman did

Get ready for another run run pass offense. Coaches who have never called offensive plays in their career tend to crash and burn.

The firing of Roman was a joke, just an excuse.

Give us fans who aren't eating this crap up one good reason why the offense will be better than it used to be.

Guess you will just have to see what it looks like next Sunday

Gonna be interesting to see if this new OC can actually get the offense and run game back on track like it was last year. Mostly the very same players with a few exceptions.

From what Rex Ryan has stated he wants to see Watkins getting the ball more and the offense opened up by Tyrod throwing more downfield. We shall see, Arizona Sept 25th.

This will be like when Hackett was the coordinator. Theyll have about 6 plays that they run over and over throughout the season. After the first week, everyone will know them and they will get blown up over and over.

There just isnt enough time to completely change an offense midseason.

Why over the last year I keep hearing "This play calling from Roman is horrible" an "I could do better than him" and "He needs to go now". Now he is gone and everyone is saying it isn't going to help.....Stockholm Syndrome perhaps?

There's was very little, if any, ripping on Roman around here regarding last season. People seemed to be pretty happy with him because the offense exceeded expectations in 2015. People were upset with the play calling and lateness of play calls in week one, but I didn't see anyone calling for his dismissal.

It's fair to note that the defensive play calls were consistently late last season, the defense substantially underperformed and Rex has been getting heat for that. Roman looks like a scapegoat right now. There aren't many here who think that Roman was a bigger issue than Rex so, no, not a lot of people think this'll really help - except that it means Rex's seat is blazing hot and this is a step closer to his dismissal.

He isn't going to change the scheme at this point. He's going to change how the scheme is called, and in-game decision making is done. The Bills believe it will make an improvement. We will see.

Everyone seems to agree that Romans play designs are very good, were he gets a lot of criticism is his management of the game. It's what people said in SF. He lacks urgency.

I guess we shall see if that changes.

There's was very little, if any, ripping on Roman around here regarding last season. People seemed to be pretty happy with him because the offense exceeded expectations in 2015. People were upset with the play calling and lateness of play calls in week one, but I didn't see anyone calling for his dismissal.

It's fair to note that the defensive play calls were consistently late last season, the defense substantially underperformed and Rex has been getting heat for that. Roman looks like a scapegoat right now. There aren't many here who think that Roman was a bigger issue than Rex so, no, not a lot of people think this'll really help - except that it means Rex's seat is blazing hot and this is a step closer to his dismissal.

Really? Here are just a few with the dates. Left the posters out intentionally. Don't have all day to paste them all but I think you get the idea.

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

Can we fire Roman mid game? Before we get the ball back.

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

Fire Roman. Hire Pep. From there it's a straight shot to CARDALE, NY baby! -Whoo hoo

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:12 PM

I keep coming back for Kristen Bell....adorable!

Fire Roman!...unless we hang 35 on the Jets!

Posted Yesterday, 10:52 AM

I'd fire Roman today.

That's my proposed change.

I don't know why it is so hard to emulate what made McCoy successful in Philadelphia.

I don't know why he got cute and abandoned what worked last year.

I'd fire Roman today.

I don't know why it is so hard to emulate what made McCoy successful in Philadelphia.

This. Roman is trash.

Everyone seems to agree that Romans play designs are very good, were he gets a lot of criticism is his management of the game. It's what people said in SF. He lacks urgency.

I guess we shall see if that changes.

This is where I am at. Hope the urgency mixed with the plan steps it up.

I keep going to the 4th and one play and the use of the time out. You cant go out there trailing on 4th and 1, try to draw them off sides with no plan to snap the ball at 1-2 seconds left if it doesn't work. That is a waste of the time out.

Edit: This is when I wanted the OC fired.

Edited by fansince88

Now we can go no huddle when the situation calls for it like every other team in the NFL.

Yup. Although there seem to be a lot of people here that already know Lynn can't call a pass play because he's a former running backs coach.

Another guy posted that people with no experience calling plays tend to crash and burn (except for the other 31 guys in the league calling plays who all had to call their first play at one time)

Arizona is beatable. Give TT more control, he's a 6th year guy and a sharp dude.

Why over the last year I keep hearing "This play calling from Roman is horrible" an "I could do better than him" and "He needs to go now". Now he is gone and everyone is saying it isn't going to help.....Stockholm Syndrome perhaps?

No, Stockholm Syndrome would result in us feeling empathy for and bonding with Rex/Rob.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Really? Here are just a few with the dates. Left the posters out intentionally. Don't have all day to paste them all but I think you get the idea.

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

Can we fire Roman mid game? Before we get the ball back.

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

Fire Roman. Hire Pep. From there it's a straight shot to CARDALE, NY baby! -Whoo hoo

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:12 PM

I keep coming back for Kristen Bell....adorable!

Fire Roman!...unless we hang 35 on the Jets!

Posted Yesterday, 10:52 AM

I'd fire Roman today.

This. Roman is trash.

This is where I am at. Hope the urgency mixed with the plan steps it up.

I keep going to the 4th and one play and the use of the time out. You cant go out there trailing on 4th and 1, try to draw them off sides with no plan to snap the ball at 1-2 seconds left if it doesn't work. That is a waste of the time out.

Edit: This is when I wanted the OC fired.

That is exactly what I thought. What is the likely effectiveness of the play if called before the timeout vs. the effectiveness without a timeout? I would be shocked to see statistical evidence that gives an advantage to the offense in such a situation. Especially since a finite, valuable resource must be surrendered in order to secure such value, coaches should be reticent to use the timeout. I think the most surprising move would be to act like you are doing the hard count, then relax, then snap the ball at an odd time on the play clock (like 4 seconds to go).