Rex isn't safe anymore

Yeezus

Rex all but knows now he will be gone at the bye week

What else explains firing Roman. He has no clue what is going on and panicked again , just like he did in NY

And appointing s guy who has no experience as an OC??

This move is great not because Roman was awful, it's because Rex is now officially on the hot seat and Pegula WILL take action

Firing the OC is an obvious scapegoat move. Last year he blamed the injuries. I expect he will come week 8 this year as well. Rex is scared, as he should be. He's been largely unprepared since he arrived on the scene. We smashed the Jets consistently towards the end of his tenure there, so I'm not sure why some of you expected him to come in and do anything other than what you see.

Edited by fridge

Fatty doesnt care.

He has his $25MM golden parachute. I dont think he'd care if he ever worked again. This is mission accomplished. This is the endgame. "If I get lucky and actually win, cool. If not, I got all this Pegula cash to feather my retirement nest egg. Unless I can dupe another owner to gimme even more."

sigh.

Fatty doesnt care.

He has his $25MM golden parachute. I dont think he'd care if he ever worked again. This is mission accomplished. This is the endgame. "If I get lucky and actually win, cool. If not, I got all this Pegula cash to feather my retirement nest egg. Unless I can dupe another owner to gimme even more."

sigh.

I don't believe this. He wants to win.

I don't believe this. He wants to win.

fair. But does he think he can?

I say he's about the cash. After the way he left NYJ he was probably worried if he'd ever get another juicy NFL paycheck.

I will agree that any man would rather win than lose. Of course.

But if some company hired me for $25MM guaranteed to run their business, I'd "prefer" to win. But if not, I'm done here.

I say he had a plan, worked it, got his brother a taste, and is in chill mode. There's that old saying (like Sea RB Shawn Alexander: "He did what we all would do: He hit the lotto and he retired (on the job)")

fair. But does he think he can?

I say he's about the cash. After the way he left NYJ he was probably worried if he'd ever get another juicy NFL paycheck.

I will agree that any man would rather win than lose. Of course.

But if some company hired me for $25MM guaranteed to run their business, I'd "prefer" to win. But if not, I'm done here.

I say he had a plan, worked it, got his brother a taste, and is in chill mode. There's that old saying (like Sea RB Shawn Alexander: "He did what we all would do: He hit the lotto and he retired (on the job)")

I work for the money too but I certainly am invested in kicking our competitions but too. I think they're separate things. I'd imagine he was a very rich man before needing/getting this contract.

What else explains firing Roman. He has no clue what is going on and panicked again , just like he did in NY

This move is great not because Roman was awful, it's because Rex is now officially on the hot seat and Pegula WILL take action

Rex is a lousy HC but he is no fool. He just fired the guy who was the obvious choice to replace him as interim HC once Rex is canned during the bye week.

maybe but gone at the end for sure.

Rex is a lousy HC but he is no fool. He just fired the guy who was the obvious choice to replace him as interim HC once Rex is canned during the bye week.

I don't know- Chris Palmer (Senior Offensive Assistant) and Aaron Kromer have held head

coaching duties in the league (Kromer as an interim HC). So there are options available

WHEN Rex gets sacked.

Edited by RussellDopeland

I don't know- Chris Palmer (Senior Offensive Assistant) and Aaron Kromer have held head

coaching duties in the league (Kromer as an interim HC). So there are options available

WHEN Rex gets sacked.

Rex probably has those pink slips already written in anticipation of the next two losses.

Fatty doesnt care.

sigh.

pretty much

I can explain firing Roman: he's a meathead who runs a scheme from the Stone Age who last night wasted a (very valuable) timeout in the 2nd half trying to trick the Jets then on 4th and 1 proceeded to crowd the middle of the line and run it straight at the strength of the Jets defense.

That alone warrants being fired.