Gilmore face mask tackle on Marshall -Fined 9k+

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmore is a good corner who had a bad game. Now Bills fans are calling for him to be suspended? Fine? Okay...I get it. Ridiculous.

Well, if you're completely in the mindset of a homer I get that you don't want him suspended. But objectively -- how are you going to deter players making dangerous plays like bringing a guy down by the face mask to save a TD? Obviously the penalty isn't sufficient. That leaves you with the options of fines and suspensions unless you want to do something like simply award the other team a TD.

Well, if you're completely in the mindset of a homer I get that you don't want him suspended. But objectively -- how are you going to deter players making dangerous plays like bringing a guy down by the face mask to save a TD? Obviously the penalty isn't sufficient. That leaves you with the options of fines and suspensions unless you want to do something like simply award the other team a TD.

well, at that point you are discussing should the league change their policies, not whether thats the expected outcome from the play.

Seems like he's facing a big fine, if not a suspension.

@profootballdoc

That tackle by facemask seemed intentional to prevent TD.

More dangerous than horse collar. IMO fine/suspension.

Vid below

https://twitter.com/tarheelbrady/status/776593954011623425

Well deserved if it happens. He could have ruined a stellar career because of it.

Yay!!! Now Rex has everyone hating Gilmore! What a defensive mastermind.

no joke. how did we go from having a great D to hating our best players. if you told me mid-schwartz that this board in less than two years would be happy mario was gone, ready to run gilmore out of town, and hate dareus..... i would have been shocked to think all 3 true.

Yeah, good thing Mario got out of here so he could be his dominant self once again...

Clearly, Mario was the problem with this defense. Thank god he's gone and now the defense is fixed.

no joke. how did we go from having a great D to hating our best players. if you told me mid-schwartz that this board in less than two years would be happy mario was gone, ready to run gilmore out of town, and hate dareus..... i would have been shocked to think all 3 true.

Aaron Schobel Syndrome

Yay!!! Now Rex has everyone hating Gilmore! What a defensive mastermind.

This has little to do with the coach or specific player. What you are witnessing is a Fan Phenomenon known as "This Year's Whipping Boy". It's a time honored tradition around here that goes back as far as the board has existed, and probably beyond. Sometimes it is warranted, sometimes it isnt. But either way, every year, there will always be one "most hated" player that fans focus on all season.

This has little to do with the coach or specific player. What you are witnessing is a Fan Phenomenon known as "This Year's Whipping Boy". It's a time honored tradition around here that goes back as far as the board has existed, and probably beyond. Sometimes it is warranted, sometimes it isnt. But either way, every year, there will always be one "most hated" player that fans focus on all season.

Oh- I know it spirals as we look for an answer. Easier to blame the guy we expect to be gone soon as a way to maintain hope that it'll be better once he leaves (in this case Gilmore)... but still... jeeeeeze.

I thought Rex Ryan was the new "whipping boy". Or does it have to be a player?

Seems like he's facing a big fine, if not a suspension.

@profootballdoc

That tackle by facemask seemed intentional to prevent TD.

More dangerous than horse collar. IMO fine/suspension.

Vid below

https://twitter.com/tarheelbrady/status/776593954011623425

Gilmore is a little guy and tackling/popping people is not his strong suit.

He most definitely intentionally grabbed onto that face mask as the most effective way of bringing the man down and/or preventing the TD.

Gilmore is a little guy and tackling/popping people is not his strong suit.

He most definitely intentionally grabbed onto that face mask as the most effective way of bringing the man down and/or preventing the TD.

he isn't little for a CB at all. Are you thinking of Darby?