Hue Jackson, the long lost Ryan brother

YoloinOhio

@browns

"Eventually they will love me because were going to win. Were going to win a championship here for the Cleveland Browns." Hue Jackson

He is the man I'd have hired here. If the Browns stay the course (it might take 4 years given this is a tank year) he will take them to the post-season.

EDIT: he is the man our GM wanted to hire too.

Edited by GunnerBill

He is the man I'd have hired here. If the Browns stay the course (it might take 4 years given this is a tank year) he will take them to the post-season.

Good OC. Maybe not a good HC. We have the defensive version of that, but...defense wins championships, amirite?

Good OC. Maybe not a good HC. We have the defensive version of that, but...defense wins championships, amirite?

How do we know he isn't a good HC? I thought he did pretty well in Oakland for a year and I wouldn't put too much on 2016 for Cleveland. This is a tank year. I think the risk is he might coach them to more wins than they intended his season.

Edited by GunnerBill

Hue took a big risk going to Cleveland. In essence, he's tied himself to the ways of the front office. If they don't get the job done improving their drafting, his career could be gone with them as a HC.

Hue took a big risk going to Cleveland. In essence, he's tied himself to the ways of the front office. If they don't get the job done improving their drafting, his career could be gone with them as a HC.

I agree. But he is the only pure football guy in the room the obviously promised him a significant say. If they stay the course and it will need patience Hue will do a very good job there. Sound football coach.

I agree. But he is the only pure football guy in the room the obviously promised him a significant say. If they stay the course and it will need patience Hue will do a very good job there. Sound football coach.

Same as with 31 other teams, success can only come from the right process. Hopefully they have that in place now.

They didn't pick a lot of guys I liked in April but I do love them picking up mid-round picks. Between #65 & #173, they had 11 picks. That's where you take chances and flesh out your 53. They'll be interesting to watch but, obviously, them getting a QB is huge to their future chances.

Same as with 31 other teams, success can only come from the right process. Hopefully they have that in place now.

They didn't pick a lot of guys I liked in April but I do love them picking up mid-round picks. Between #65 & #173, they had 11 picks. That's where you take chances and flesh out your 53. They'll be interesting to watch but, obviously, them getting a QB is huge to their future chances.

I kind of agree. It's the tear it down model that DePodesta and friends brought over from baseball -- the Houston Astros of the NFL. Collect tons of young talent, throw 'em out there with a few retreads so at least you shouldn't go 0-16, then check back in 3 years. I have no idea if it'll work, and it is a terrible/unwatchable product on the field right now, so I don't know if I could take something similar out of the Bills. But be honest: which team do you think has a better shot of winning a playoff game by 2019?