Andy Benoit from MMQB breaking down Jets-Bengals film

YoloinOhio

He tweets out notes from each game while watching film which I found interesting going into this game. This is Jets D vs Bengals O.
Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit 14m14 minutes ago

Jets played 2-high coverages, that often left receivers doubled.

#Bengals #Jets Film: Green got the better of matchup with Revis but it was more about good Green than bad Revis.

#Bengals Film: Run game was not foundational but RB Hill looked more decisive in his cuts than a year ago.

#Bengals Film: Overall Dalton remained discipline and smart in a game where he was sacked 7 times. Very encouraging sign.

Film: More accurate actually to say #Jets not as much "2 man" as what met the eye. A lot of their matchup zones just played out that way.

Film: #Jets were much more coverage-based than pressure-based. A lot of “2 man.” Bowles likely realized his DL was dominating #Bengals OL.

#Bengals Film: Green as acrobatic as any WR in NFL. Can do it going high or low. Outstanding on balls away from body.

#Bengals Film: LG Boling flashed as second level run-blocker at POA. Ex. Hill 12-yd TD.

Film: #Bengals run/pass options on 3-man OL front plays depending on box count. Defenses must gameplan for this.

#Bengals Film: Dalton perfect deep ball on LaFell 49 yds on 3rd-18 vs. Marcus Williams. #Jets weren’t set at snap but Williams was.

#Bengals Film: too many breakdowns involving RG Zeitler and C Boling. Mental and physical, not a sharp performance.

Film: #Bengals great success with various WR screen concepts.

Film: #Jets played split safeties against #Bengals empty sets. Dalton often had to hold the ball, Jets DL took over from there.

#Jets Film: Leonard Williams and Muhammad Wilkerson both flashed fighting through and off blocks.

#Bengals Film: #Jets really concerted coverages towards Green. Skrine 25-yd DPI great example – Quarters tilted heavily to Green’s side.

Film: #Bengals mass-shift alignments (minus shift) in WR screen game had success. #Jets twice outnumbered on perimeter here.

#Bengals #Jets Film: Bodine struggled against NT bull rush at times. McClendon sack an example.

#Bengals #Jets Film: Green 54 yd TD deep post-crosser combo (Green post) to beat Cover 3. Green ran by Revis, FS Gilchrist played too flat.

Film: #Jets Cover 0 blitz on 3rd-7 with #Bengals at -25-yd-line. LaFell shallow cross wide open 21 yds.

#Bengals #Jets Film: next play Dalton missed would-be TD to Uzomah on trips route combo to beat “Cover 3 carry.” Dalton fell away from throw

#Bengals #Jets Film: Uzomah 54 yds was vs disguised inverted Cover 2 that played out like “2 man.” Marcus Williams gambled over top and lost

#Jets #Bengals Film: Marcus Williams INT he read QB and route from matchup perfectly, converted coverage into a downfield trap.

Film: McLendon sack from Deon Simon pushing pocket vs Bodine and A.J. Green going braindead, run-blocking from empty set.

Film: game’s first third down (3rd-6) Jets “2 man” with Revis in a dedicated double on Green in slot. Mauldin sack.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit 26m26 minutes ago

Film: #Bengals great success with various WR screen concepts.

#Jets Film: Leonard Williams and Muhammad Wilkerson both flashed fighting through and off blocks.

#Bengals #Jets Film: Bodine struggled against NT bull rush at times. McClendon sack an example.

The top one, so much importance attached. I don't care who to, just slow that rush down.

Legitimately terrified of their front. McLendon was insane on Sunday.

Edited by Blokestradamus

The top one, so much importance attached. I don't care who to, just slow that rush down.

Legitimately terrified of their front. McLendon was insane on Sunday.

I saw that and thought - WR screen worked? They must see this on film, right? They know how good Sammy is at these, right? Will they do it? :wallbash::death:

I saw that and thought - WR screen worked? They must see this on film, right? They know how good Sammy is at these, right? Will they do it? :wallbash::death:

Also means the Jets make corrections for it, right?

So, we'll have to see how it plays out Sunday. It's not like "do this and you're guaranteed success."

Let's keep an eye on it early on.

After re watching the game, I came away with two main points-

1. I think we can run on them, they miss snacks

2. Tyrod better not hold the ball like last week, he'll get killed

i hope you are right about #1 and totally agree on #2. I mean, Dalton gets the ball out faster than anyone in the league besides Brady and was still sacked 7 times! TT holds it longer than anyone in the league! I'm terrified.

Here is Jets O vs Bengals D

Film: #Bengals were disciplined in their zone coverages, predominantly Cover 2 but also Cover 3.

1. #Jets Film: Clady was solid in pass pro and RTs Ijalana and Qvale both played well enough.

2. #Jets Film: Bad day for Marshall – sloppy OPI plus costly drop on final series where Fitzpatrick threw just a little behind him.

3. Film: #Bengals tight red zone D excellent down the stretch – the difference in the game.

#Jets Film: Fitzpatrick found a bit of a rhythm on in-breaking routes vs. zone in fourth qtr. Enunwa 17 yds, Decker 22 yds.

#Bengals Film: Kirkpatrick a lanky defender with physicality and good movement skills. Will cash in next offseason.

#Jets Film: Powell 16 yds on offset zone run was a great tactical response to #Bengals blitzing sub-package that had Atkins at NT.

Film: Forte 13 yds and 8 yds two of few plays #Jets were in 2TE personnel. #Bengals 4-3 had Maualuga at MLB. Her did not play w/ fervidity.

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit 3m3 minutes ago

#Jets Film: Fitzpatrick got tentative on second drive of 2nd half and left Decker open on field back-to-back plays.

#Jets Film: Forte very good sense for angles and setting up blocks. A natural field-reader.

#Jets Film: Fitzpatrick can be an erratic ball-placer. Has been case throughout his career.

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit 18s18 seconds ago

Film: #Bengals often went double-A-gap presnap vs. #Jets empty sets. Usually rotated out of it, occasionally brought five-man rush.

Film: #Bengals played Cover 2/3/4, at times rotated to it out of different looks, other times played straight up. Few man-match concepts.

#Jets Film: Enunwa 23 yds illustrates the up side of Fitzpatrick gunslinger mentality. Skinny slot post vs Cover 2 MLB who opened that way.

Film: #Jets offense featured plus-split sets and quick-developing reads. That’s their M.O.

#Jets Film: Forte 24 yds on PA backfield screen. #Bengals caught in Cover 2 rotation on 1st down.

#Jets Film: Marshall often the X-iso in 3x1 sets. Means he aligns all alone on weak side.

Edited by YoloinOhio

After re watching the game, I came away with two main points-

1. I think we can run on them, they miss snacks

2. Tyrod better not hold the ball like last week, he'll get killed

Bengals have solution for first one, they ordered 6 cases and bringing them on planes.

Theirs are having some custom bags made with the tiger beefed up.

cheetos-crunchy-cheese.png?sfvrsn=2

Is there a more NATURAL team for Cheetos to advertise with?