Watching replay of game now-Hughes is best player on team

dave mcbride

Watching it back myself, #55 did well against the run setting the edge. Saw him drop into coverage multiple times too. Really just the two bad plays (iffy penalty & missed 4th qtr TFL).

Pulling my hair seeing the game again. So many missed chances. Sammy open on the scramble left in the 4th. Bush overthrown on a swing with nobody within 15 yds on 3rd down.

Edited by r00tabaga

... at least in this game. It's worth noting that despite having only 5 sacks last season, he had a great year, with tons of qb pressures. I'm a critic of Whaley, but that was a GREAT trade. Hughes is an elite player and talent.

IF there was a bright spot Sunday. It was Jerry Hughes, his play was huge. The roughing call was bs.

I don't recall him playing on the left side of the defense as much as he did last week. He looked good. I wonder if that is a week to week issue or they plan to move him around alot during the game.

Just wonder if he made that tackle for a huge loss would the offense have had a shot...

Were the Ravens allowed to rough up Taylor cuz he's a "running QB"? Cuz they took some shots that were NOT called.

Uh he is a black QB. They don't get the calls. TT was hit 5 yards out of bounds.

Cam Newton is the MVP and he had several head shots that went uncalled.

I don't recall him playing on the left side of the defense as much as he did last week. He looked good. I wonder if that is a week to week issue or they plan to move him around alot during the game.

Just wonder if he made that tackle for a huge loss would the offense have had a shot...

Uh he is a black QB. They don't get the calls. TT was hit 5 yards out of bounds.

Cam Newton is the MVP and he had several head shots that went uncalled.

Very surprised no roughing was called on that play against Tyrod, but it was borderline. Hughes's call was really poor, however.

From what I could see, Jerry dove at his ankles, so it looked like a good call. The non-call on Tie-rod 5 yards out of bounds was BS.

He made a wrap tackle from behind. If he dove at Flacco's ankles as you suggested then yes it would have been a good call. Your hatred of this team is blinding your vision.

Watching it back myself, #55 did well against the run setting the edge. Saw him drop into coverage multiple times too. Really just the two bad plays (iffy penalty & missed 4th qtr TFL).

Pulling my hair seeing the game again. So many missed chances. Sammy open on the scramble left in the 4th. Bush overthrown on a swing with nobody within 15 yds on 3rd down.

He played a great game, just has to work on breaking down for open field tackles. Running back made him look silly in the first quarter, that 4th quarter TFL miss effectively sealed the game. He's a fantastic player, elite players make that crucial tackle. He's close.

He played a great game, just has to work on breaking down for open field tackles. Running back made him look silly in the first quarter, that 4th quarter TFL miss effectively sealed the game. He's a fantastic player, elite players make that crucial tackle. He's close.

He missed that play in the first, but he made a great play to get that deep in the backfield. He definitely slowed the runner down, and he ended up a minimal gain short of the first down. Basically, he disrupted the play.

Edited by dave mcbride