REX removes his Lap Band to get more wins!!! *from CBS*

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He removed his band because his brother failed to loose weight with his??

Wow, that is nuts. He had a great result (for that operation) and he has another surgery to end up where he started? This is beyond dumb.

yea, i thought it was another ryan brother joke article for a minute. it just doesnt make any sense.

I don't even know where to begin on this one. The CBS analyst quoted, "I am not a Bills Believer for a Myriad of Reasons." Another says, "It's time for Rex to call his realtor, because he will be shipped out."

If this helps, God bless Rex. Hell, if fat Rex is a winner and skinny Rex is a loser, then Ho Ho Ho, he better be fattened up for Christmas and bring me my golden goose... THAT'S THE PLAYOFFS REX... We deserve good football. No goose, cut fat Rex loose.

I love football and look forward to watching it, but Thursday night will be like wearing a lapband on my balls. It's too frustrating to watch pathetic football and the monster in me keeps coming back for more.

Here's the article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rex-ryan-removes-his-lap-band-for-his-brother-rob-and-to-win-more-games/

Are you even serious with this dumb post? He took it off because his brother almost died having one put on. Did you even read the articles? He took it off to support his brother and even said they will figure out this weight loss thing together. He made a joking comment that he won more games before he got it, but the real story was his support for his brother.

Geezus, this stuff around here can get really pathetic after a loss.

He removed his band because his brother failed to loose weight with his??

Wow, that is nuts. He had a great result (for that operation) and he has another surgery to end up where he started? This is beyond dumb.

No he removed it because his brother almost died with his. Big difference.

Hard to make fun of people who for either medical or maybe genetics are obese. Not a tad overweight obese.

With rex commenting that even with the lap band since his brother arrived he has gained 30 pounds.

IMO that is simply showing zero self discipline and self control. Maybe that issue carry's over to other parts of their lives too...

One would guess his doctors weren't jumping for joy when a grown man says take it out I need to eat more.

Are you even serious with this dumb post? He took it off because his brother almost died having one put on. Did you even read the articles? He took it off to support his brother and even said they will figure out this weight loss thing together. He made a joking comment that he won more games before he got it, but the real story was his support for his brother.

Geezus, this stuff around here can get really pathetic after a loss.

No he removed it because his brother almost died with his. Big difference.

No he didn't.

He probably had a band slip, a not infrequent complication that once diagnosed, is not fatal. Seems like he didn't have any followup with his surgeon to take care of this early on.

Even so, it makes no sense for Rex to have a properly functioning band so that he and his brother can both return to morbid obesity.

No he didn't.

He probably had a band slip, a not infrequent complication that once diagnosed, is not fatal. Seems like he didn't have any followup with his surgeon to take care of this early on.

Even so, it makes no sense for Rex to have a properly functioning band so that he and his brother can both return to morbid obesity.

Um you're absolutely wrong:

http://nypost.com/2016/05/27/rob-ryans-lap-band-almost-killed-him/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2663546-rex-ryan-has-lap-band-removed-to-support-brother-rob

to be fair, thats still a bit ridiculous.

hes passing up what has been a successful medical treatment for a serious medical issue he has because his brother was unable to use the same treatment.

It's a Rex circus as usual and the media will continue to spin it to make them look like fools. Even though Rex has good intentions, they lack the brain power to turn this organization in the right direction. Unfortunately, Rex does not have the skill to take this team to the playoffs. And the team does not have the talent to overcome Rex's and his staff's bad decisions.

Getting plays in late on offense is inexcusable. Poor clock management is inexcusable. Not having a game plan is inexcusable. You can't overcome incompetence by removing a lap band and all the camaraderie in the world won't win games consistently. You can ride emotion to a win or two at home, but winning on the road is what playoff teams do.

I honestly think we will be lucky if we are 2-6 on the road. That would mean 8-0 at home to make the playoffs and that ain't happening with our without lap bands.

Edited by BillsRdue

hes passing up what has been a successful medical treatment for a serious medical issue he has because his brother was unable to use the same treatment.

Why is it ridiculous? The lap band almost killed Rob, I would want mine out too if I realized it could kill me, especially if it almost killed my brother. This is such a stupid non story and this isn't even a current story, Rex had it removed a while ago. I don't care if someone hates Rex or loves Rex, its still just utterly absurd that this board is trying to turn this into something its not. Its my own fault, I know better, this board is unbearable after a loss and I came to it anyway, so its on me.

The board isn't unbearable, this team is. Since the Kelly years we have seen a sh#t product on the field. Fans are tired of losing and impatience with bad management and coaching is taking its toll. You've seen nothing yet if we implode and lose again on thursday. And if we win, not many will be screaming playoffs. We need consistency, not emotional rides to 1 or 2 wins.

Edited by BillsRdue

Why is it ridiculous? The lap band almost killed Rob, I would want mine out too if I realized it could kill me, especially if it almost killed my brother. This is such a stupid non story and this isn't even a current story, Rex had it removed a while ago. I don't care if someone hates Rex or loves Rex, its still just utterly absurd that this board is trying to turn this into something its not. Its my own fault, I know better, this board is unbearable after a loss and I came to it anyway, so its on me.

I think the big problem, here, is that Rex is - again - making headlines for something other than leading this team to wins - which is what he's being paid to do.

Trust me, I'm right.

Even Rob's somewhat dramatic description says this is so:

All you can eat is sugar, and I drink the hell out of wine. But that’s all I could really eat and drink, so I was getting enormous again.”

“So we go in to look at it, [and] oh my God, the stomach was going up through the band, and the esophagus was like 10 times the size it should be,” Rex said.

That's a slipped band he is describing (as his surgeon no doubt explained to him). Also, people who are near death aren't exclusively eating sugar and "drinking the hell out of wine".

The acute treatment for this problem is actually to deflate (not tighten, Dr. Rex) the band. If the slip doesn't improve the band is electively remove. The majority of patients opt for another weight loss procedure (gastric bypass or sleeve gastrectomy) to be done at the time of band removal. Few patients have the band removed and no other procedure to help maintain weight loss.

I think the big problem, here, is that Rex is - again - making headlines for something other than leading this team to wins - which is what he's being paid to do.

He's a big personality, so he's going to make unrelated headlines, whether he's winning or losing. Made them when he was going to the playoffs with the Jets.

Nothing's changed in that regard.

Of course, we'd rather he be winning.