Head Coaching Candidates

yungmack

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stability under Rex will resemble stability under Kim Jung Un.

So you are saying we could nuke this thing? Awesome idea... :w00t:

If around game 11 or earlier the Bills are out of this thing...this will be a good starter thread..

Do I feel this year will be a 4-12 or so year... Yes

Am I wrong a lot.... Yes

Am I willing to give up on the year..... Nope

BTW, the Pegulas are smart..they already have a list....

Edited by JoeF

Short leash, very possible- on his way out the door is too crazy.... Thanks- too many people are complaining about never having any continuity, but 17 games in call for the head coach to be fired.... Smh....

Or people are just not knowledgable about the stuff they spew into a thread, lol... I think you may have said it better

I think few, if any, are calling for him to be fired today.

Short leash, very possible- on his way out the door is too crazy.... Thanks- too many people are complaining about never having any continuity, but 17 games in call for the head coach to be fired.... Smh...

6 wins (maybe) or less (most likely) will most likely seal his fate. Anything above 7 or unless there crazy injuries, he will still be here

So you are saying we could nuke this thing? Awesome idea... :w00t:

If around game 11 or earlier the Bills are out of this thing...this will be a good starter thread..

Do I feel this year will be a 4-12 or so year... Yes

Am I wrong a lot.... Yes

Am I willing to give up on the year..... Nope

BTW, the Pegulas are smart..they already have a list....

Well, they're 0-1 with their list so this is just an attempt to get some (hopefully) fresh suggestions out there.

If they bottom out

1. Purge the front office and start anew. If Brandon needs to stay, he is business only and has no contact or influence with football ops. Zero. No draft rooms, cut meetings, on the field at training camp arguing with coaches, commenting to the media about the makeup of the roster.

2. Bring new leader of the football program. Someone who has experience in a winning program, but also is in tune with modern times, advanced stats, risk management, etc. Maybe hire Polian or someone of the like from outside the organization to help identify candidates for interview.

3. New football president carefully select head coach. Long term commitment. Will be able to remain through bad years, as the fans, media, and ownership will understand. Like the Sabres, people will generally undestand and support an intelligent full-rebuild. The systems will be able to be installed and take root. Players will be scouted and brought in to custom fit the system.

4. Sell off anything you can within reason for picks.

5. Unless you know its an andrew luck/payton manning slam dunk, trade down, and trade down again.

6. Spend a lot of resources in QB search. High and low for the next 2 years. Will probably finish bad for a few seasons so basically pick of the litter. If not drafting a QB, trade down. Quantity.

Could not agree more; need to rebuild organization culture from losing to winning!

Maybe I am crazy, I am not a Rex fan, being in CT I saw enough of his foolishness. But it is one game. Do I expect greatness? No, but I am willing to be surprised. The other fact is there is no one out there who could jump in midseason, no Marv Levy's in waiting. If we go 0-4, I give Roman a shot at interim and use it as a try out for permanent. Either way, let's see if this was the loss that rights the ship ah la 1990 in Miami.