35mph team in a 65mph league

dorquemada

I had a thought as I watched the ARI-NE game last night, that both of those teams were simply FASTER than the Bills. I don't mean in strait 40 times, because we have all sorts of track stars on the team. I mean, in how fast the players execute plays, come out of the huddle, get in their stance, and do whatever they do. The pats in particular seem to be moving in quick-time compared to the Bills. Is the thick headed slovenly nature of our coaching and management permeating the very speed of movement of the players? Are they so checked out already that nobody's in a rush to do anything, and don't even really want to break a sweat?

when did we hit 35mph... that's Bills fast. The game I saw we were driving through a school zone about 5mph and getting pelted by school kids with eggs.

you made me think of the shortbus going by with the neighborhood kids making that sound that the minions make...your 2016 Buffalo Bills!

This is undeniable: we have now seen, on a fairly consistent basis, the team lining up and running plays at an almost relaxed pace, late in the game, when time is of the essence.

Like the penalty problem, off-field shenanigans, and other issues impacting the team, it goes back to the coaching staff.

Good metaphor.

Tyrod is sitting there in traffic with his blinker on, just waiting and waiting...oop, coulda gone there, but better safe than sorry...let's wait 'til it's REALLY open before we make a move.

Or Shady...i don't want to drive in traffic on the interstate so I'm going to drive 500 miles out of the way through every stop sign between here and there to avoid the traffic. it'll only take 5x longer but I will have made a point

This is undeniable: we have now seen, on a fairly consistent basis, the team lining up and running plays at an almost relaxed pace, late in the game, when time is of the essence.

Like the penalty problem, off-field shenanigans, and other issues impacting the team, it goes back to the coaching staff.

Donald Jones was speculating some of the issues the O faced were because they were so slow to get the play Ina no break the huddle they only had 9 or 10 seconds to snap the ball once they got to the line and it really limited their ability to check out of certain things, make line calls, and survey the defense...makes sense...if you are hurrying to get the ball snapped you are gonna miss some things

Its old school. These degenerate whippersnappers line up and snap the ball before the D is ready and its disrespectful. Roman is showing the league how real men line up and get called for delay of game.

#RomanForHeadCoach

:D Like a Revolutionary War reenactment -- bang the drums, line up like men, get your muskets ready, fire at each other! This fast-snapping trickery other teams use is positively ungentlemanly.

:D Like a Revolutionary War reenactment -- bang the drums, line up like men, get your muskets ready, fire at each other! This fast-snapping trickery other teams use is positively ungentlemanly.

Positively ungentlemanly indeed, Sir! Hold the formation. If its our time then we gladly lay down our lives like men, in the name of propriety.

Can't understand why we can't run a play with more than 2 seconds on the play clock and have to burn two time-outs in every half to avoid delay of game. Same stupid stuff as last year. Maybe we need to go no huddle just to get the plays off on time.

I like it. the no-huddle ball control offense.

Edited by Aaron

I just wanted to bump my own thread here. Again, watching the Bills with their slow developing, gimmicky plays, versus the way good teams do it, is probably the most telling thing about the way things are going to turn out. We've got another scat back in mccoy who wont hit holes, maybe by design, to think that he's so fast that he can get around the edge, except he almost never does. The D looked confused all night, like they weren't calling plays, just lining up and getting beat. What a disgrace. Whomever ends up being coach, I certainly hope he comes along with a game plan from the post 1950s era.

Of all people, Sal Capaccio had an interesting start to his morning show segment on GR. Said essentially that teams around the league throw the ball to their bigger receivers and the Bills don't do that.

The Bills have always tried to do things differently during this 16 years of failure. We've seen it in front office hires, personnel moves, gameday strategies, everywhere. Instead of doing what works, they think they could do it better and differently.

The league is passing these dinosaurs like the Ryans by.