Watkins: injured or just trying to leave the Bills?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The report is that there is no break. It's a pain management issue.

He's a kitty.

Got it. So you know exactly what the injury is and that Its all on Watkins?

Could it possibly be that if he plays on it, it causes further damage and Watkins becomes a liability on the field?

I'm not a doom and gloom guy...not having Sammy is an enormous blow.

Have to wonder if he re-injured it or simply wasn't ready.

This offense won't make it without him.

If there's a risk of re-injury he should be shut down. If it's a pain management issue he needs to tough it out for the sake of the team. Need to hear something beyond NYDN Mehta data before I react.

This is probably true and is of course horrible news but I would caution that the clown Mehta from the NY Daily News absolutely hates Rex and hates the Bills so who know how much is true-

I just looked on his twitter, and he kind of backtracks on it. A "i want to be right" if hes out, but i'm not wrong if he isnt...

First he might miss weeks.

2nd he's done for the year

3rd "its a pain management issue"

If there's a risk of re-injury he should be shut down. If it's a pain management issue he needs to tough it out for the sake of the team. Need to hear something beyond NYDN Mehta data before I react.

Schefter's got all the agent's ears, so i'd believe it more if it comes him.

"Mehta reports it remains possible he is shut down for the entire season. It is also possible he is able to manage the pain and continue playing."

Or anything in between...or none of it...I don't trust anything Manish has to write. He is really good at getting clicks, though.

Could it possibly be that if he plays on it, it causes further damage and Watkins becomes a liability on the field?

well, Youll just have to take my word for it.

But as it looks, he's either a Kitty, injury/hurt plagued, or just doesn't want to chance hurting himself playing when other players around the league constantly play hurt on game days.

I just looked on his twitter, and he kind of backtracks on it. A "i want to be right" if hes out, but i'm not wrong if he isnt...

First he might miss weeks.

2nd he's done for the year

3rd "its a pain management issue"

Schefter's got all the agent's ears, so i'd believe it more if it comes him.

"Mehta reports it remains possible he is shut down for the entire season. It is also possible he is able to manage the pain and continue playing."

Or anything in between...or none of it...I don't trust anything Manish has to write. He is really good at getting clicks, though.

Rex has a presser this afternoon and I'm sure we'll hear more about this.

I'm not a doom and gloom guy...not having Sammy is an enormous blow.

Have to wonder if he re-injured it or simply wasn't ready.

This offense won't make it without him.

agreed. we can live through a lot, but no threat outside will just drop the safeties down into the box and make life real hard on everyone. Woods/Salas/Powell as your top 3 (assuming that goodwin doesnt suddenly turn into an iron man when forced into a full time role) is catastrophic.

I know what was reported. If what was reported is true, and there is no break, then it's a clear cut case of Watkins being a kitty, and not up to the rigors of playing in the NFL where everyone plays hurt all the time.

The report is that Watkins is hurt, not injured.

You are excused for not playing injured.

Not being able to play hurt means you're a kitty, because that's what's required of the profession.

I know what was reported. If what was reported is true, and there is no break, then it's a clear cut case of Watkins being a kitty, and not up to the rigors of playing in the NFL where everyone plays hurt all the time.

The report is that Watkins is hurt, not injured.

You are excused for not playing injured.

Not being able to play hurt means you're a kitty, because that's what's required of the profession.

I'd love to see any of you calling Watkins a Kitty play football with a headache, let alone a broken foot that did not heal properly.

I'd love to see any of you calling Watkins a Kitty play football with a headache, let alone a broken foot that did not heal properly.

There is no report that the foot did not heal properly, there is a report that it's still causing him pain/discomfort.

Watkins chose a career which requires tough men to play hurt. Everyone plays hurt in the NFL; that's the standard.

If Watkins is incapable of meeting that standard, then he is a kitty.

That's all anyone can say about him.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker