Did playing against his former team affect Taylor?

Jerry Jabber

With Taylor being a backup for Baltimore for four years, it seems the Baltimore D was more than prepared for him today. Taylor was not his usual self as he hurried a lot of his throws resulting in incompletions and seemed to be stuck on just his first reads. IMO, playing against his old team got the better of Taylor today.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Tyrod was horrible today, but it doesn't necessarily relate to his "old team."

More than likely it was simply a really top HC and his staff studying the film on Tyrod from last year and taking away what Tyrod can do and forcing him to do that which is tough for him to do...like read the middle of the field and throw with anticipation into tight windows.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Tyrod was horrible today, but it doesn't necessarily relate to his "old team."

More than likely it was simply a really top HC and his staff studying the film on Tyrod from last year and taking away what Tyrod can do and forcing him to do that which is tough for him to do...like read the middle of the field and throw with anticipation into tight windows.

There's no doubt Harbaugh is a very good coach, but it also helped Harbaugh having Taylor on his team for four years as he knows Taylor's strengths and weaknesses. This was the worst I've seen Taylor look in a Bills uniform so far. If Taylor plays this bad again, you could say it's a great coach that game planned well against him. But if he doesn't, then I think it's a combo of Baltimore knowing Taylor very well, plus Taylor's nerves of playing against his old team.

I thought the same thing. I wonder if anything got to his head, because it sure didn't make it down to his body. Man, all that talent to run and make plays and he just seemed hesitant. His passes sailed high early and he didn't make any plays on the run. I was very disappointed and hope this is not our offense this year.

We've got three days to fix the mess.

He played the occasion, the gameplan and play calling were horrible, our line looked undercooked and we lack weapons.

I agree about the lack of weapons. Besides Watkins, nobody on the Bills scares defenses. Woods IMO is not a legitimate #2 WR, he's a good #3. A good #2 WR should be able to get 800-1000 yards receiving and between 8-10 TDs a season, Woods numbers haven't been anywhere close to that.

I agree about the lack of weapons. Besides Watkins, nobody on the Bills scares defenses. Woods IMO is not a legitimate #2 WR, he's a good #3. A good #2 WR should be able to get 800-1000 yards receiving and between 8-10 TDs a season, Woods numbers haven't been anywhere close to that.

I was in totally agreement with this statement during the offseason. Then I looked at other teams rosters and didn't see too many number two WRs who were much more impressive than Woods. When Watkins was drafted it was with the intention that he would be elite, such as guys like Green, Jones, Beckham, and Bryant. That hasn't exactly happened either. It may be on coaching or Taylor, but that simple fact makes it hard to pile on Woods. Elite receivers in this league succeed without dominate number twos.

No. He just isn't a top 10 QB in this league and this is what you get. Teams have tape on hI'm now and have been able to prepare for him. He has to adjust, if not hello Watson.

This is where I'm at. The Ravens gave everyone the blueprint to contain Tyrod. Either he rises above it or we just repeated the same mistake we made paying Fitz big bucks. I didn't expect him to be awesome today, but I didn't expect him to flat out suck.

800 yards is half a season's output for Taylor at this pace.

6 years is a long time to know someone like Harbaugh has known Tyrod. You know what a person is capable of

Is that why his former OC was fighting to bring him to Denver and offered a bigger contract than the Bills did?

Tyrod has a bad game today. But there's no need to invent stuff to justify his suckiness today.

800 yards is half a season's output for Taylor at this pace.

Lol, you're right about that!

B.S. How many years have Rodgers, Brees, Brady been in this league? People know what they are capable of, and they can't be stopped.

It's one thing to play against a QB once or twice a year, but when you have a player on your team everyday for four years, you get to know him extremely well.

Lol, you're right about that!

It's one thing to play against a QB once or twice a year, but when you have a player on your team everyday for four years, you get to know him extremely well.

Or good players just beat you regardless. The Bills all know what Brady is and what his tendencies are. He just beats you because he is better.

Tyrod is a middle of the road guy and you are going to get good and ugly. We saw it last year and I expect this year to be the same.

Or good players just beat you regardless. The Bills all know what Brady is and what his tendencies are. He just beats you because he is better.

Tyrod is a middle of the road guy and you are going to get good and ugly. We saw it last year and I expect this year to be the same.

Which is why I hated the extension.