Ed Reed wants $300 Million to play again

Punching Bag

Ed Reed: It would take $300 million for me to play again in the NFL

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ed-reed-it-would-take-300-million-for-me-to-play-again-in-the-nfl/

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/25814/bills-ed-reed-would-take-300-million-to-get-me-out-of-retirement

Now Reed is defensive assistant on Rex Ryan's staff in Buffalo. In the spring, Ryan joked that he wanted Reed to stay in shape in case he needed him to play. On Thursday, the 37-year-old Reed offered specifics about what it would take to get him back in pads and on the field.
"I got two or three years in me," Reed said, via ESPN.com. "But I'm not giving it to the league. I already decided not to. Things could happen, but I don't think there's enough finances to get me in those cleats anymore, man. They tend not to want to play the vets."

I find Ed Reed hilarious. too honest and lovable. he will change because he might have to, aspiring to Coach.

But right now he is in between.

Just watch how he moves his head when the media asks questions. he is full on defending the end zone. And then when he knows he has kept the guy in front of him and cannot get past him, he relaxes and plays around. like a cat with a mouse toy, without being judgemental. he just knows who he is.

What a great person. A guy i would love to sit on the corner sip beer and talk about the folks walking by.

and a guy i might trust to walk point for me.

Don't know him personally but that is the vibe.

I find Ed Reed hilarious. too honest and lovable. he will change because he might have to, aspiring to Coach.

??? Ed Reed isn't "in between" he is the assistant defensive backs coach of the Buffalo Bills. Not an intern. Not an "interim coach", but a full-fledged coach.

??? Ed Reed isn't "in between" he is the assistant defensive backs coach of the Buffalo Bills. Not an intern. Not an "interim coach", but a full-fledged coach.

I think the poster was trying to say was where Reed is at within the coaching hierarchy he isnt very accountable for what he says/does. Thats just my take. Edited by billsfan_34

Just watch how he moves his head when the media asks questions. he is full on defending the end zone. And then when he knows he has kept the guy in front of him and cannot get past him, he relaxes and plays around. like a cat with a mouse toy, without being judgemental. he just knows who he is.

What a great person. A guy i would love to sit on the corner sip beer and talk about the folks walking by.

and a guy i might trust to walk point for me.

Don't know him personally but that is the vibe.

I really enjoyed his presser on the bills ap too. 100% comfortable in his own skin.

Ed references "in between" in his presser. I'm guessing that is where the statement came from.

I really enjoyed his presser on the bills ap too. 100% comfortable in his own skin.

Ed references "in between" in his presser. I'm guessing that is where the statement came from.

Gotcha. My bad, then.

Gotcha. My bad, then.

Yeah on wgr yesterday someone said something about him still seeing things from a players standpoint because he played so recently.They said something to the effect of him seeing it from a players point of view and a coach so he is sort of in between.I personally think his hiring will pay dividends for just this reason.The players respect the hell out of this and will listen and learn because of it. Edited by bacarri and coke

No i get that. You watched the presser right ? Watch it again.

I have watched every one. read each word I could as I am a big fan of him. I feel he still wants to go hit someone. So i was not speaking literally but figuratively. and he said he is still transitioning mentally.

Glad as heck to have him !!

I think the poster was trying to say was where Reed is at within the coaching hierarchy he isnt very accountable for what he says/does. Thats just my take.

Part of it . Thanks

Yes

and yes

Gotcha. My bad, then.

0:)

Yeah on wgr yesterday someone said something about him still seeing things from a players standpoint because he played so recently.They said something to the effect of him seeing it from a players point of view and a coach so he is sort of in between.I personally think his hiring will pay dividends for just this reason.The players respect the hell out of this and will listen and learn because of it.

spot on B and C