Confirmed: Rob Gronkowski Out vs. Arizona

26CornerBlitz

Why heck no? I think Bennett is going to be targeted a lot and I don't think RG3 is a qb who targets a TE a lot.

We'll see but I think Bennett has a better week than GB.

It's all about the match up, the Browns will be able to move the ball against the Eagles and Barnyard is their best option until Gordon returns. RG looked for him during preseason and I'd expect that to continue.

Both of the Patriots starting tackles are out and a guard is out, starting JG in hostile territory without any starting tackles!? Martellus is one of the better blocking tight ends in the league he will be counted on to keep JG healthy tommorrow. That's not even factoring in Arizona's secondary, Badger is back and they have all the tools to cripple that already weakened offense.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for the input. I'm playing my hunch and starting Bennett. We'll all know the tale by midnight tomorrow. If it backfires, I can't say I wasn't told.

It's a coin flip. Both Barnidge and Bennet have only had 1 really good season and they'll both he playing good defenses on the road and have shaky QB's.

I didn't see the entire game, just the second half. But did Siemian win the game or just not lose it while his D knocked Newton silly? If Taylor had the same game (18-26 178 1 TD 2 INTs 69.1 rat) would we still be gushing?

This is less about gushing over Siemian and more about how unbelievably little each and every one of us actually knows about what will happen at any given day.

Look at the game day thread for the Bronco's game. People were certain Siemian would be taken off the field on a stretcher before the end of the first quarter. He made some bad throws. But he made some pretty damn good throws that they needed to move the chains. In fact, the D that knocked Newton silly let Newton get into field goal range to win it with no time on the clock.

My point is that literally no one here will ever know for certain anything that will happen in a game.

Okay. That's not completely true. We all know for certain that if the Bills are up on the Pats' by more than 1 point with a minute left in the game and the Pats* are forced to punt to Leodis McKelvin, we ALL know how that will end.

But only that.

This is less about gushing over Siemian and more about how unbelievably little each and every one of us actually knows about what will happen at any given day.

Look at the game day thread for the Bronco's game. People were certain Siemian would be taken off the field on a stretcher before the end of the first quarter. He made some bad throws. But he made some pretty damn good throws that they needed to move the chains. In fact, the D that knocked Newton silly let Newton get into field goal range to win it with no time on the clock.

My point is that literally no one here will ever know for certain anything that will happen in a game.

Okay. That's not completely true. We all know for certain that if the Bills are up on the Pats' by more than 1 point with a minute left in the game and the Pats* are forced to punt to Leodis McKelvin, we ALL know how that will end.

But only that.

Bill-Murray-Laughs-Then-Turns-Sad.gif

Well, Bennett had 3 catches for 14 yards. Barnrigde 0 for 0. I guess I made the right decision lol

Yeah, I was really disappointed with Bennett's performance. I thought they would use him a lot more, but he was just out there blocking a lot. Maybe if Gronk plays, it will free him up or something, or maybe Belichick doesn't see that role for Bennett.

Yeah, I was really disappointed with Bennett's performance. I thought they would use him a lot more, but he was just out there blocking a lot. Maybe if Gronk plays, it will free him up or something, or maybe Belichick doesn't see that role for Bennett.

Max protect for an inexperienced QB. When Brady gets back, he'll probably slide into the Aaron Hernandez role, sans all the murdering.

Max protect for an inexperienced QB. When Brady gets back, he'll probably slide into the Aaron Hernandez role, sans all the murdering.

That is a very logical assumption, unless both our tackles are still down. (We had no Volmer or Solder last night so another reason he was in blocking usually Chandler jones )