Ravens have "tons of weapons" on O...am I missing something?

eball

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Wallace and Perriman are very fast deep threats and Flacco has huge arm. Probably what they are referring to. They will stretch the field.

Yep. Gilmore and Darby better be ready to run on an island all day, because we will need the safety help underneath most of the time.

Of course that's all moot if we can't make them one-demensionable. Gotta stop the run and the short stuff they like to establish.

GO BILLS!!!

This defense was pretty dismal last year and they have something to prove this year.

I look for them to come out and set the tone.....Flacco's jersey gonna be dirty early.

The "Ressurection" of the D under Rex and Rob will be a national story this year, but as I outlined in another thread, it shouldn't come as any surprise seeing the way they are communicating properly this year...teams won't get the benefit of 2-3 guys being out of position every play, players blowing coverages, and another guy that could care less...

I think the Bills match up very well here. The Ravens are counting on two rookies to shore up what was a bad OL last year. Will they be able to run? My bet is no. The Bills have the secondary to match up on those receivers. They will need to pressure Flacco so he does not have time to stand back in the pocket and unleash his cannon, but I like the Bills D in this one.

On Defense, thus us not your Daddy's Ravens. They are OK, but not the dominant group they once were. Dumerville is out, Suggs coming off injury, suspect secondary

I think the Bills win this one. It could be close, but 27-13 would not surprise me.

They might be difficult to run against, as will we. Being a feel the other team out game , if one of the teams does not see a matchup to exploit. Like Darby is having a bad day or Z Brown goes down, this should be a tight game.

I am going to call a big play by either LeSean or Reggie to gets us screaming. probably a swing pass.

BTW i i hope Roman goes back to Watkins college days and gets him the ball near the line of scrimmage and moving.

Cannot tell a lie, i am getting pretty stoked and unbalanced in my thinking. I am okay with that once in awhile. Like eating pizza and wings. Indulgent behaviour :D

Bills are going to blow the Ravens out and using second string players by the 4th quarter

Mike Wallace and Perriman are very fast deep threats and Flacco has huge arm. Probably what they are referring to. They will stretch the field.

The vertical game is what their passing offense is all about. That said, I don't see too much that scares me on the Ravens,

Edited by BarleyNY

ALL teams have tons of weapons. ALL teams have personnel and schemes to neutralize the weapons. It comes down to a few players with special talent, the ability of coaches to make adjustments, and above all, execution. I think the Bills have an edge in talent, with Watkins, McCoy, Gilmore, and Hughes better than the Ravens' best. I am not sure I've ever seen Wrecks make effective adjustments on defense, but Roman does make good adjustments on O. As for execution, that has me worried. The same sloppiness that leads to so many penalties pervades the Bills' execution and costs them every game. For that, I blame Wrecks as well.

This is a winnable game. But the other factor I didn't mention above is the officials. The buffalo on their helmets must look like a target to the refs, based on the silly number of bad calls working against the Bills in the preseason.

You must either not watch many games or be clueless about what you are watching to make that statement.

This game feels exactly the same way last year's opener did. But but but AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! ANDREW LUCK! FRANK GORE! Always felt like a win to me.

This year it's just a little harder to be certain on the road.

I always thought we would beat Indi in week 1 last year. We match up well against them pretty much all over the field and they are a soft team.

Baltimore will slug it out with you all day as they proved last year when without so many guys losing 9 of their 11 losses by 1 score or less.

I think their weakness is to teams with a lot of speed on defense (especially off the edge) and teams who are constantly going to the test their defenses ability to go sideline to sideline.

The recipe for success for me is to attack the perimeter of their defense consistently get Shady to the edge some and plenty of crossing routes on offense where the receiver is coming right across the formation and can catch and run attacking the edge. On defense don't give them deep shots... see if they can maintain drives with the running game and a beaten up Steve Smith. Don't let the big play receivers in the game.

Ravens struggle with mobile QBs, however I wouldnt take the Ravens lightly. Flacco has a deep ball and Perrimen at his disposal with Stanley on the Right side (who from reports has been the best PFF graded rookie OL). It sucks that Lawson went out with the shoulder cuz Lawson vs Stanley would be the rematch of the early season from college, and we remember who won that trench battle! :flirt:
Either way their "weapons" are a speedy Perrimen, a healthy SS and improved Aiken. Its gonna be a close one.

To be fair, even if we were trotting out an all-time all-star team at the skill positions there would still fans pissing and moaning! :D

And also to be fair, if we were trotting out players right from the retirement home there would be fans talking about a double digit victory. It's still the preseason until Sunday and hopes are always high.

Bills are going to blow the Ravens out and using second string players by the 4th quarter

Due to injury and stupidity (suspensions) several 2nd string players will be playing from the opening whistle.

This is a winnable game. But the other factor I didn't mention above is the officials. The buffalo on their helmets must look like a target to the refs, based on the silly number of bad calls working against the Bills in the preseason.

Oh good lord, haven't played one real down yet and the excuses about bad calls are starting already.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Yeah I was hearing the same thing from a buddy, how those guys are "stacked now that Steve Smith is back"

On paper there isn't a single offensive player that would grade out better than our guys except for Yanda at RG. He's one badass white boy and was voted the 36th best player in the NFL for 2016.

Other than that, I wouldn't trade our guys for anyone on that offense, including TT for Flacco.

Defense is tough to call. Good front 7, probably a push with Dareus/Dumervil out and Suggs a full year out of football.

If this game were in Buffalo we'd win by 10. Flacco will get desperate and sling a 4th quarter pick that will ice this one for us...............

This defense was pretty dismal last year and they have something to prove this year.

I look for them to come out and set the tone.....Flacco's jersey gonna be dirty early.

That would be great.

Look for Jerry Hughes to have a big game. I can feel it coming.