Ravens have "tons of weapons" on O...am I missing something?

eball

Well if you are determining it by weight maybe the OL and TEs together weigh tons.

Kamar Aiken has become a very good WR, constantly being underestimated by his own team but Sammy or Darcy should be able to cover him.

Sammy Seamster? Darcy Regier?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting. Could be, but lots of questions. Steve Smith could be future HOF but how effective is he at 37 coming off torn Achilles? Is he still a #1? Kamar Aiken is better than he was back in bills TC but is he a great #2? Better then Torrey smith or Anquan Boldin when they were there? Mike Wallace is a headcase and underutilized in Miami and minn where they hardly ever threw deep... He was very good with Big Ben who did... Could be a big weapon now in this offense with Flacco? Chris Moore is an interesting rookie from UC but still a rookie. Perriman was a big prospect last year and is very talented but has very few reps with Flacco between both of their injuries. Talent wise they might be strong but not a sure thing to be explosive right away.

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/69820-next-up-buffalo-bills-at-mt-bank-stadium-91116/

Been checking out this thread the last few days. Seems like a pretty cool bunch of guy. Reasonable

Edited by CNY315

I don't think we should underestimate Perriman, Smith and Wallace. But Darby, Gilmore and Seymour should be good enough to handle it without too much safety help.

Pitta? Decent, but not game breaking.

Perriman is coming off an ACL in his 1st game and Smith is just coming back from the Achilles injury at 37 y/o. Wallace is a deep threat, but highly inconsistent. Aiken is an okay WR. IMO, the Bills' secondary matches up well with them and has the advantage.

I think the Bills match up very well here. The Ravens are counting on two rookies to shore up what was a bad OL last year. Will they be able to run? My bet is no. The Bills have the secondary to match up on those receivers. They will need to pressure Flacco so he does not have time to stand back in the pocket and unleash his cannon, but I like the Bills D in this one.

On Defense, thus us not your Daddy's Ravens. They are OK, but not the dominant group they once were. Dumerville is out, Suggs coming off injury, suspect secondary

I think the Bills win this one. It could be close, but 27-13 would not surprise me.

Edited by MDFan

This game feels exactly the same way last year's opener did. But but but AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! ANDREW LUCK! FRANK GORE! Always felt like a win to me.

This year it's just a little harder to be certain on the road.

I'm also remembering the Bears game I'm 2015.

"Most talented WR Triplet is football! Matt Forte I'm the backfield! This is the year Jay Cutler proves himself!"

I'm also remembering the Bears game I'm 2015.

"Most talented WR Triplet is football! Matt Forte I'm the backfield! This is the year Jay Cutler proves himself!"

that game terrified me as well. Rookie Preston brown covering Martellus Bennett, Gilmore was out with injury, and Nigel suspended. Oh and EJ.

Baltimore's weapons are average. The Bills need to pressure Flacco so that he can't throw the ball deep, which is what he is prone to do.

The key to this game though will be ST. Baltimore is very good on ST, among the very best. HC J. Harbaugh started out as a ST coach so ST is greatly emphasized. if the Bills can match up on ST I think they win this game.

I'd like to see Taylor outplay Flacco in this game.

Bills need some big plays from Taylor, McCoy, Watkins, and Clay.

I don't see them having much of anything...an old aging team with a lot of vets whose best years are long behind them or coming off serious injuries.

They were 5-11 last year. I'm not impressed.

Baltimore's weapons are average. The Bills need to pressure Flacco so that he can't throw the ball deep, which is what he is prone to do.

The key to this game though will be ST. Baltimore is very good on ST, among the very best. HC J. Harbaugh started out as a ST coach so ST is greatly emphasized. if the Bills can match up on ST I think they win this game.

I'd like to see Taylor outplay Flacco in this game.

Bills need some big plays from Taylor, McCoy, Watkins, and Clay.

Honestly it might not be asking much, Flacco is average at best during most of the regular season. The playoffs is where he flips a switch, but he has never been anything much during the regular season. Put it this way...he isn't going to be the reason why a team makes the playoffs, but once you get there he very well could be the reason why they win. Edited by matter2003

Our secondary matches up quite well with the Ravens receivers.

Our secondary matches up with a LOT of receivers...

Some Ravens fans are saying this is the deepest they've been at WR in years. I haven't watched enough in preseason to agree or disagree. We'll see in a few days

Deep means lots of #3 receivers no number one's...the Bills used to be "deep" at receiver when Stevie was here