Unspoken Rule: Incognito says "Playoffs or Bust" in 2016

26CornerBlitz

If the Bills make the playoffs, my hat will be off to Rex Ryan. The schedule appears to be brutal, with 10 games against teams above them in the ESPN initial power ratings (including 5 games against the top 4 teams) and only three against the bottom 10 teams. Obviously, the initial ratings are just that, the first take on things before anyone has played a game, but still, given the missing players in the first quarter and half of the season, this year's schedule is a bit disconcerting.

There is no reason for Rex to be in any fear of losing his job. None.

He ruined a great defense last year and they let him bring in his brother to help make it worse.

with the injuries the defense had last year even "got it right once" Schwartz wouldn't have been any better

If the Bills make the playoffs, my hat will be off to Rex Ryan. The schedule appears to be brutal, with 10 games against teams above them in the ESPN initial power ratings (including 5 games against the top 4 teams) and only three against the bottom 10 teams. Obviously, the initial ratings are just that, the first take on things before anyone has played a game, but still, given the missing players in the first quarter and half of the season, this year's schedule is a bit disconcerting.

Jets won 10 games last year - year before 4................Washington won 9 games last year - year before 4................Ravens won 5 games last year -year before 10...............Colts won 8 games last year - year before 11................Chargers won 4 games last year - year before won 9..............Cowboys won 4 games last year - year before 12............Lions won 7 games last year - year before 11...............Carolina won 15 games last year - year before 7

these are just some teams who fortunes went up or down last year in both directions coming off double digits to win 4 or 5, or having just a handful of wins the year before to double digits the next year.

first quarter Buffalo must be 2-2 at worst...really need to be 3-1......4-0 is possible

Sigh...depressing times, our goal is to make the playoffs. The goal should always be to win the whole damn thing, but I get it winning in the NFL is hard to do....

End of the year wrap up meeting, hey guys we met our goal and got the playoffs Great year! It's too bad we were dismantled by the surprising in round one by Browns 51-3 and then they lost 100-0 against Alex Smith in the divisional round.

Does getting to the playoffs really do anything for us? Other than hey, we got here at least its not 16 years anymore; it is now 21 years since we actually won a playoff game. Seems like a defeatist and slightly loser-ish type goal... :sick::cry::bag:

How about baby steps first? get there and anything can happen.

How about baby steps first? get there and anything can happen.

/Sarcasm and intentionally over the top :thumbsup:

I'm excited for the season and we can be anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5.

That being said - I do truly hate hearing a goal of getting to the playoffs; the goal should always be to win it all :beer:

The pessimist in me says, "bust, it is..."

The optimist in me says, "this is the year we go to the playoffs. Word."

The rationalist in me says, "what's for dinner?"

Once again, you bring balance to the table.

What IS for dinner btw ?

I try to see the best in people...including the Bills' media and fanbase.

Why can't we all just get along?

I will if you will ?

Sigh...depressing times, our goal is to make the playoffs. The goal should always be to win the whole damn thing, but I get it winning in the NFL is hard to do....

End of the year wrap up meeting, hey guys we met our goal and got the playoffs Great year! It's too bad we were dismantled by the surprising in round one by Browns 51-3 and then they lost 100-0 against Alex Smith in the divisional round.

Does getting to the playoffs really do anything for us? Other than hey, we got here at least its not 16 years anymore; it is now 21 years since we actually won a playoff game. Seems like a defeatist and slightly loser-ish type goal... :sick::cry::bag:

You have to make the playoffs for ANYTHING else to happen. its not a loser mentality.

Bills need to win the division first. Teams game plan against their division opponents. Draft and build rosters just for that purpose !

You have to play these teams every freakin year twice.

I am quite sure each player and Coach to Man want to win the big one and are trying to get there.

context my friend.

Playoffs or Ima bust out some windshields! That's what bust

Maybe busta rhyme ?

again , context

I was more thinking:

this kind of bust?

_61399380_napoleon-bust.gif

this kind?

bustn-out-o.gif

well then. i prefer bust. screw the playoffs.

he's also pretty lousy when it comes to the second rule of fight club.

: )

There is no reason for Rex to be in any fear of losing his job. None.

He ruined a great defense last year and they let him bring in his brother to help make it worse.

Oh for the love of god, stop with this. If anyone, Pegs ruined it my by forcing Marrone and Schwartz out. He and Whaley KNEW (or they should have known) that Rex is not a scheme flexible coach, loves his system and would be installing this very complex and wildly different defense here, and it would take time to make that radical a change, BUT THEY WENT WITH REX ANYWAY.

Lay your complaints squarely at the doorstep of the guy who saved the franchise my friend. Its way to easy to lay blame at the coaches doorstep. Rex is doing it his way (I'm sure Pegs/Whaley were told that) and got a multiyear guaranteed contract to make sure he either gets to do it his way or gets paid if he gets fired, which he won't. All credit to Rex for getting the deal Marrone wanted. Jury's still out on whether Pegs made a good hire or not.

We shall see. That's why they play the games on the field. Get your popcorn and medical marijuana out. You'll probably need both for a few weeks....

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore