Unspoken Rule: Incognito says "Playoffs or Bust" in 2016

26CornerBlitz

@MatthewFairburn

Matthew Fairburn Retweeted Buffalo Bills News

Richie Incognito said it's playoffs or bust for the Bills, but Rex Ryan doesn't think he's coaching for his job.

@billsupdates

Playoffs or bust for Rex Ryan and Buffalo Bills in 2016? Depends on who you ask: https://t.co/TOO9HrMpie

"That's the unspoken rule around here, that it's playoffs or bust for us," guard Richie Incognito said. "We have to get there and this is the first step in the journey."

@MatthewFairburn

Matthew Fairburn Retweeted Buffalo Bills News

Richie Incognito said it's playoffs or bust for the Bills, but Rex Ryan doesn't think he's coaching for his job.

@billsupdates

Playoffs or bust for Rex Ryan and Buffalo Bills in 2016? Depends on who you ask: https://t.co/TOO9HrMpie

"That's the unspoken rule around here, that it's playoffs or bust for us," guard Richie Incognito said. "We have to get there and this is the first step in the journey."

There's that familiar ratcheting sound. The RR is going up the hill...

Why would anyone try to spin this as an ultimatum reference?

He's just saying that their goal is to make the playoffs. Every player knows that will define the season over anything else.

We hear this every single year. Every single year.

You know why. :lol:

Reporter: "Richie, what is the mood in the locker room heading into Week 1? What are the team's goals?"

R.I.: "You know, I'd say the general mood is one of cautious optimism tempered with a dose of pragmatic realism. I think most of us are just trying to avoid being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs by Thanksgiving."

Doesn't have the same ring as "Playoffs or bust baby!!!!"

:lol:

Edited by Fadingpain

Reporter: "Richie, what is the mood in the locker room heading into Week 1? What are the team's goals?"

R.I.: "You know, I'd say the general mood is one of cautious optimism tempered with a dose of pragmatic realism. I think most of us are just trying to avoid being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs by Thanksgiving."

Doesn't have the same ring as "Playoffs or bust baby!!!!"

:lol:

Haha; awesome.

Sigh...depressing times, our goal is to make the playoffs. The goal should always be to win the whole damn thing, but I get it winning in the NFL is hard to do....

End of the year wrap up meeting, hey guys we met our goal and got the playoffs Great year! It's too bad we were dismantled by the surprising in round one by Browns 51-3 and then they lost 100-0 against Alex Smith in the divisional round.

Does getting to the playoffs really do anything for us? Other than hey, we got here at least its not 16 years anymore; it is now 21 years since we actually won a playoff game. Seems like a defeatist and slightly loser-ish type goal... :sick::cry::bag:

Sigh...depressing times, our goal is to make the playoffs. The goal should always be to win the whole damn thing, but I get it winning in the NFL is hard to do....

End of the year wrap up meeting, hey guys we met our goal and got the playoffs Great year! It's too bad we were dismantled by the surprising in round one by Browns 51-3 and then they lost 100-0 against Alex Smith in the divisional round.

Does getting to the playoffs really do anything for us? Other than hey, we got here at least its not 16 years anymore; it is now 21 years since we actually won a playoff game. Seems like a defeatist and slightly loser-ish type goal... :sick::cry::bag:

It doesn't have to be this black and white.

Make the playoffs and anything can happen. However, take it game by game. Also, any given Sunday. And don't forget, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.