9-7: NFL Media Day Pressers and Conference Calls

26CornerBlitz

@SalSports

John Harbaugh: "We thought really highly of (Tyrod) when he was here, and I remember fending off criticism of him while here....

Harbaugh on Taylor: "Really high IQ. Very accurate. Leader. These are things that jump out at you right away."

John Harbaugh says Ravens had conversations w/teams about trading Taylor but they never materialized. Said he always knew he'd be a starter

Harbaugh has high praise for Bills Jerry Hughes, stresses he's very good against both the run and pass game.

"I think (Rex and Rob Ryan) are two of the best in the business, as far as defense, and it goes back to their dad." -- John Harbaugh

Full Presser: Terrell Suggs Talks About Facing Former Ravens (4:40)

The outside linebacker will see familiar faces on the opposing sideline in Tyrod Taylor, Rex Ryan and Ed Reed. His friends will be considered enemies on Sunday, and he will treat them as such.

Full Presser: Steve Smith Wants To Knock The Bleep Out Of Someone (5:59)

The veteran receiver said he looks forward to some passes not thrown his way because then he gets to go on the hunt while blocking for teammates.

Full Presser: Eric Weddle Talks About Difficulty Of Defending Tyrod Taylor (6:03)

For the veteran safety, Sunday can't get here soon enough. He is excited to get his first real game as a Raven under his belt.

Full Presser: Joe Flacco Talks About Rex Ryan Blitzes (7:19)

The Ravens quarterback knows Rex Ryan well from his time in Baltimore, and he understands that the Bills head coach likes to get after the quarterback.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@Ravens

Rex Ryan says he believes Ed Reed will be a head coach within five years. Also claims to be first person saying Flacco should start in 2008.

@Ravens

After coaching in Baltimore for 10 years, Rex Ryan ended his conference call with "Good luck to you guys next week!"

CrxZCdYXYAA6HX3.jpg

@mikerodak

Bills G Richie Incognito says it's the "unspoken rule around here that's it's playoffs or bust."

Rodak:

Rex Ryan, asked on a conference call with Baltimore reporters if this would be his final season of he doesn't make playoffs, responded, "Eh, I think you're probably starting with a couple of letters. So, I don't get into that. I'm going to have my team prepared and play their tails off. That's what i do. It's never about me. But, you ask me, hell, I don't believe that."

Rodak:

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said today that he would have kept Tyrod Taylor "forever" if he had the choice. Taylor served as the Ravens' backup from 2011-2014. "There were times when I was hoping we could find a way to trade him and get something back of value," Harbaugh said. "That never materialized. It usually doesn't, so it was a hope on my part. But I felt like there was no question in my mind he was going to be a starter."

@SiriusXMNFL

#Bills Charles Clay on right now w Jim & Pat #BillsMafia

Clay: Biggest thing going into this year is being comfortable in the offense, and not having to think too much when executing plays #Bills

Clay on #Ravens. Their brand of football is physical. It'll be a challenge, and something we're looking forward to #Bills

Tyrod Taylor: "It's Not About Me" (9:00)
QB Tyrod Taylor talks about returning to Baltimore to face the Ravens in week 1, his chemistry with Sammy Watkins, how far he's come in the last year and more.

Eric Wood: "I Expect us to Make a Jump in Year 2" (1:50)
C Eric Wood addressed the media in the locker room following practice topics included; the difference between last year and this year, getting to the playoffs, and running back LeSean McCoy.

Sammy Watkins: "Focus on Being Full Speed" (1:16)
WR Sammy Watkins addressed the media following practice topics included; timing with Tyrod Taylor and playing fast.

Kyle Williams: "We Want to be the Best" (2:18)

DT Kyle Williams addressed the media following practice topic included; expectations for the defense this year and communication on the field.