Elvis Dumervil - OUT vs Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Center to Left Tackle the OL looks good same as last year. Right side is a concern but Miller looked solid last year before the injury and Miller looks pretty good by most accounts at RG so far. Mills played decently last year and if he can just be a decent RT and the rest of the line hold the unit as a collective should be pretty good.

Miller was hurt so bad last year in the final games that he did not belong on the field imho. I saw him in the Dallas game, and he could barely walk off the field. He should not have been out there imho. Healthy, who knows, but has to be better than last year post injury.

Miller was hurt so bad last year in the final games that he did not belong on the field imho. I saw him in the Dallas game, and he could barely walk off the field. He should not have been out there imho. Healthy, who knows, but has to be better than last year post injury.

He looked liked he was going to come in and be a starting caliber guard as a rookie last year. He started the season out decent a little up and down but looked like an NFL player. However he clearly was derailed by the injury. Hopefully he gets back on track the line seems to be getting better second year in the system.

He looked liked he was going to come in and be a starting caliber guard as a rookie last year. He started the season out decent a little up and down but looked like an NFL player. However he clearly was derailed by the injury. Hopefully he gets back on track the line seems to be getting better second year in the system.

not for nothing, but his mom also passed away mid-season. Kid dealt with a lot. Edited by YoloinOhio

I have hope for Miller, certainly. But it's almost as if the line is less than the sum of its parts. I'm concerned about the OLine and lack of depth for sure, but it's hard to think about the last time I wasn't concerned about our OLine.

The Bills had the highest per rush average in the NFL last year in addition to leading the league in rushing. I'm not a huge fan of the right side's pass protection but to suggest the OL is bad - as a whole - is a little overboard.

The Bills had the highest per rush average in the NFL last year in addition to leading the league in rushing. I'm not a huge fan of the right side's pass protection but to suggest the OL is bad - as a whole - is a little overboard.

That's fair, and I do recognize how effective our run blocking was. I suppose I am guilty of focusing too heavily on pass protection in my assessment (largely due to the progression that tyrod has to demonstrate), and my assumption that a starter will go down at some point. You could say that about several teams, granted, but it doesn't make me feel much better.

We should all thank our chosen deity for this news. Just watching some of Elvis from last year, he would've destroyed Jordan Mills.

Protect your inside? He'll blast outside and bend around you. Overset to protect the edge? Inside swim or a spin. Dude is better than I remembered. I think Dumervil is Noah Spence's ceiling, love them both.

Middle of the pack.

Especially so early in the season.

Im not gonna under-estimate them but friends that are Ravens fans have told me their defense isnt as good as the legacy surrounding it this year.

Their middle is really good.

NT- Williams

LB- Mosely

FS- The Beard

Won't be easy.

Won't be impossible either!

They got Weddle now! Tyrod better watch that Saftey

huge

actually he's 5.11

starting OL same as last year. Right side isn't as good as left but "alarming" isn't the word I would use.

hardly the descriptor that reflects the truth of the matter.

They are actually "pretty damned good to very damned good" as a whole. Returning line for the first times in 63 years for Buffalo must feel like heaven some guys here !

I have hope for Miller, certainly. But it's almost as if the line is less than the sum of its parts. I'm concerned about the OLine and lack of depth for sure, but it's hard to think about the last time I wasn't concerned about our OLine.

I think its trauma for you Nick. our Bills have fielded some hot garbage for years and years. killed some QB's and mauled some RBs because of it.

step back and take freshened new look this this season for me please ?

Ravens will be a good test for the O line actually.

Go Bills!

Middle of the pack.

Especially so early in the season.

Run defense is very very good

Their middle is really good.

NT- Williams

LB- Mosely

FS- The Beard

Won't be easy.

Won't be impossible either!

: )

you see clearly

I don't want to underestimate them. And they definitely have a stout middle.

That said, Shady and Bush's best skill set is running it over the edge. I'd attack there.

and Gilly sweeps nicely too.

i think you are on to the "Keys of the Game"

brought to you by WhitewalkerinPhilly and ECMC

Run defense was 12th so it wasn't that good... Now with Elvis still out it doesn't look to improve.

12 wasnt that good?

That kid Williams is brutal against the run. But 12th isn't that good ?? what the heck is it then? its not average its not below average its not bad its not awful its not just above average.

It is was pretty darned good. and they had injuries a plenty.

don't discount Ravens run defense