Can you guess the highest paid player in 2015?

dayman

Can you name the top earner from 2015?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Can you name the top earner from 2015?

Can you guess the top guy from 2015? These are your top 10, who made the most? It's real dollars taken home from football, so no alternative income taken into consideration and taxes are factored in. Only check link after you vote (unless you have no honor).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25423804/agents-take-the-real-highest-paid-players-of-2015

Edited by dayman

State tax has nothing to do with it

They are taxed a higher rate bc it's tax like commission would be

I get taxes around 30-40% on commission checks and I am not in the 1%

Yes they do.

Taxes for professional athletes are more complicated than people in most other professions because their income is earned in the states where they play. "Fans are surprised to learn that athletes are required to file taxes in their home state and practically every state where they play a game," said Robert Raiola (@SportsTaxMan on Twitter). Some cities also tax athletes. According to Raiola, who is the Sports and Entertainment Group Senior Manager at New York's O'Connor Davies, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, St. Louis and Kansas City are among these cities.

Yes they do.

Taxes for professional athletes are more complicated than people in most other professions because their income is earned in the states where they play. "Fans are surprised to learn that athletes are required to file taxes in their home state and practically every state where they play a game," said Robert Raiola (@SportsTaxMan on Twitter). Some cities also tax athletes. According to Raiola, who is the Sports and Entertainment Group Senior Manager at New York's O'Connor Davies, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, St. Louis and Kansas City are among these cities.

Okay yes it's a tax I was meaning it's not bc they are in the 1%

It's tax more like a commission tax as well as the state tax even the smallest pay is taxed at this high right it isn't bc of the bracket they fall in to

Like dez has no state tax but his real pay is cut in half yes bc he is taxed in other states but that isn't what drop the pay down

https://smartasset.com/taxes/nfl-jock-taxes

If you look at that they have a diagram shows a federal tax rate at 41% something like that ....and that's similar to sales commission tax and that's why I was saying it wasn't about the 1%er it was more Of the tax catorgory

Edited by mikemac2001

And their agent gets about 10% off the top. :ph34r:

3%

Okay yes it's a tax I was meaning it's not bc they are in the 1%

It's tax more like a commission tax as well as the state tax even the smallest pay is taxed at this high right it isn't bc of the bracket they fall in to

Like dez has no state tax but his real pay is cut in half yes bc he is taxed in other states but that isn't what drop the pay down

https://smartasset.com/taxes/nfl-jock-taxes

If you look at that they have a diagram shows a federal tax rate at 41% something like that ....and that's similar to sales commission tax and that's why I was saying it wasn't about the 1%er it was more Of the tax catorgory

It is about the 1%er.

I would love having to pay $15 mil a year in taxes.....

No you wouldn't. Everyone who doesn't make that kind of money thinks they should all pay more taxes. Once you make that money, you complain that your taxes are too high and try to pay less.

3%

It is about the 1%er.

No you wouldn't. Everyone who doesn't make that kind of money thinks they should all pay more taxes. Once you make that money, you complain that your taxes are too high and try to pay less.

I would love to pay 15 million in taxes and complain about them being too high