SI NFL: Each AFC Team's Underrated & Overrated Players

26CornerBlitz

Now that he's found a scheme that fits him well, I think I'm in danger of underappreciating Eric Wood. Under Doug Marrone, I felt that Wood was somewhere between average and lousy on a week-to-week basis.

He was much improved last year and I've officially stopped dogging him at every turn.

i think wood found a couple of guards who were nfl talent to play with

The fact that he is still on the roster...

Does that make him an all-pro player? There are plenty of players on the teams just like him. Good enough to make the team but not a starter. Are we overrating Robert Blanton at this point also?

Jones: 43 career games, 134 catches, 1,729 yards, 15 TDs, 40.2 YPG

Woods: 44 career games, 152 catches, 1,838 yards, 11 TDs, 41.77 YPG

I am not on the Marvin Jones train at all. I realize that we don't play like that. What about Woods' game is underrated? I would think that a possession receiver would be higher than 78th in catches especially considering that he was 65th in targets. He doesn't make explosive game changing plays and he doesn't command extra coverage. He is an okay possession receiver. He would be a 3rd option on most NFL teams.

that he is consistent and doesn't !@#$ up when the pressure is on is what i find appealing.

that he is consistent and doesn't !@#$ up when the pressure is on is what i find appealing.

I honestly don't think Woods is overrated by most Bills fans, I know. In fact, he may be slightly underrated, since he's rarely mentioned. He isn't a #1 WR (kind of becoming a nonsense thing, IMO, with multiple receiver sets---but I'll play along). He runs his routes well. Has terrific hands (rarely drops passes). Plays tough when it counts. And is a GREAT blocker---which I covet in a WR more than Kirby, I suppose, particularly in a team that wants to have a power running offense. I hardly call that "just another guy", as few can check all those boxes.

Remember, when looking at a WR's number of catches. He doesn't throw the ball to himself!

Does that make him an all-pro player? There are plenty of players on the teams just like him. Good enough to make the team but not a starter. Are we overrating Robert Blanton at this point also?

I have.

Underrated - Sammy

Overrated - LeShady

if you check the pulse of the Fan base, at some random moment, you might flip those Freddie

No I was just wholesaling them all as a group: Duke goes with the group. The taint of their overratedness stains him as well.

Under ----Gilmore & Hughes (easy)

They both should be perrenial pro bowlers...especially #24

Over ----nobody We get no respect, so how can anyone rate any of our guys high?? For years our best known player nationally was Brian Moorman. Do you know how embarrassing it was looking at Madden player ratings every year and he was usually our only 90+ rated player! Lol-