9-6: Rex Ryan Presser from OBD

26CornerBlitz

Rex Ryan: "The Heat is Turned Up" (13:33)

The Bills head coach talks about returning to Baltimore to play the Ravens, his thoughts on Baltimore's defense, how Ed Reed can help this week, and gives an injury update.

Rex Ryan - J. Williams, Gory limited, Seymour and Anderson not practicing

Rex- Regardless of 1st/2nd team, defensive communication has been improved

Rex- Flacco looks good, throws great deep ball

Rex- Ravens still do some things that they did during tenure there

Rex- We knew we were getting great special teams player in Alexander, earned a starting role

Rex- Attribute season opener successes to players, play fast

Rex- Adolphus is a big, athletic guy, gets some pass rush. Even in minicamp, saw the potential. Wanted to learn from Kyle/Marcell

Rex- Got huge plans for Cardale Jones, special projects for him. Trying to build a QB

Rex- We cant keep everyone you want to, but I'm happy with the group we have in front 7

Rex- Going back to Baltimore will be more significant to Tyrod than to me

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I thought it was a good presser.

No one mentions how Rex has calmed down. Same humor but a smidgen less BS and much much less bluster.

how come no one mentions that?

I've noticed it. I think the fans that hate him will no matter what.

I think he was doing what he thought the fans wanted. Talk big and bloviate. Then he realized that's not really him to that extent. He already started calming down in NY.

He's a good coach. Defensively sound and now has some good years of experience. Depending on how Tyrod does will depend on how he'll be graded.

I think he was doing what he thought the fans wanted. Talk big and bloviate. Then he realized that's not really him to that extent. He already started calming down in NY.

He's a good coach. Defensively sound and now has some good years of experience. Depending on how Tyrod does will depend on how he'll be graded.

It doesn't just depend on Tyrod, it depends on how Ryan's defense performs.

A couple of us have been pointing it out this off season.....Rex is talking less

I guess i hadn't read that here yet..

He is an intelligent fellow for sure.

I noticed the tone has changed form the press too.

Much more productive all around watching/listening.

I think he is still finding his way as a Head Coach, no mater what age we can still learn, eh ?

Team game, right Chris ?

Edited by 3rdand12

Except he was not defensively sound last year. And those penalties...and that clock and challenge mis-management....I put penalties on the coach for not conveying a clear message and over-amping the team.

So no, depends upon many things other than Tyrod how he'll be graded

I thought it was a good presser.

No one mentions how Rex has calmed down. Same humor but a smidgen less BS and much much less bluster.

how come no one mentions that?

It's apparent...

I hope he was humbled by taking over an outstanding defensive unit and driving it to the bottom half of the league.

Or maybe his boss said STFU and do your job. Presser theatrics is not on the list of what the bills are trying to do here.

Either way I'd like to see it continue.

Of course, but what will the nah sayers do if the defense plays well but we go 8-8 because Tyrod didn't take a step forward? They will have Rex's head.

Edited by Triple Threat

It's apparent...

I hope he was humbled by taking over an outstanding defensive unit and driving it to the bottom half of the league.

Or maybe his boss said STFU and do your job. Presser theatrics is not on the list of what the bills are trying to do here.

He was likely humbled the new to him players to not go all in right away. He has to work for it. That's good lesson for anyone.

Can we get past, the Past though?

On another note. Presser theatrics,,, Bills have set record ticket sales two years running. I wonder how this could be with such a horrid team last team, putrid as same tell it.

Because most fans are excited again. Thats why.

So am I.

It's apparent...

I don't think he was humbled and I wouldn't want him to be. He's pissed and he knows he's a better coach than that. He's got his fingerprints on everything now - let's see how it goes. I'm hopeful we'll be pretty good. I think without the injuries/suspension we were poised to be a major major problem for teams