So how long will it take for Dareus to get back to form?

Saxum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends upon what they mean by "working out". I believe he can't practice with the team or play, but he can attend meetings and use the workout facilities/trainers. "Short of attending practice or games, players suspended for substance abuse can do everything that eligible players can. That includes lifting weights, watching film, receiving treatment, sitting in on team meetings -- and chilling in the locker room."

Henderson would be in the same situation should he have to serve four games.

I don't know what to think about this. On the one hand, apparently he has an established therapeutic relationship with a psychiatrist and psychologist locally, so it doesn't necessarily make sense to go elsewhere if there's an already established relationship of mutual trust.

On the other hand, sometimes a new surrounding brings new perspective.

Unfortunately that didn't work out too well

Should have done the re-hab

Edit 2: Ty Dunne article from 6 June 2016 detailing all the bereavements of close family members/friends Dareus has experienced and mentioning Dareus as being in a state of depression last year and working with a psychiatrist and psychologist to help him manage the death of friend this June.

This is the article I recall regarding 'Big Stuff' and depression. Unfortunately MJ sometimes increases this with people with depression. I have seen it many times including suicide of family member who said he could quit any day but his depression got worse and worse even with antidepressants and therapy.

@bytimgraham

Marcell Dareus has not checked into a rehab facility. He's receiving treatment locally while working out w/Bills and attending meetings.

Isn't that outside the bounds of his suspension?

the henderson thread actually said for MJ suspensions less than a year, they just cant practice or play

Wow...I had no idea--thanks.

I don't know what to think about this. On the one hand, apparently he has an established therapeutic relationship with a psychiatrist and psychologist locally, so it doesn't necessarily make sense to go elsewhere if there's an already established relationship of mutual trust. On the other hand, sometimes a new surrounding brings new perspective.

was news to me too -- i had always discussed this as him being banished.

i feel slightly better having him in the facility

For someone like 'Big stuff' I think being in the weight room and around players OTHER THAN THOSE WITH MJ ISSUES is good for him and essential to his therapy.

He needs to be connected and with all of his family losses I hope they have a Bills staff member assigned to keep in touch with him and his therapy. This engagement would be useful.

I wonder if T*m Br*dy will admit that he is 'addicted to cheating' so he can have excuse to be in locker room, etc.