So how long will it take for Dareus to get back to form?

Saxum

I just have common sense. Someone from my work calls me at the wrong number to come in and I don't and the boss gets mad and suspends me without pay for 4 days and I say actually you called the wrong number I submitted my new number a while back and he says ok fine then you are suspended 2 days without pay instead of 4. You would just accept that as truth and facts and not make money for 2 days when it was their fault? Riiight. Sounds like a little white lie he told to get a reduced suspension. Nothing that the Bills couldn't have done with Dareus. 2 vs 4 games is a huge deal

so you think that bells argument was "4 games? think we could do something a little more friendly?!?" and the nfl said "now that you mention it, sure" and other players are ignoring that.

thats the common sense you are using?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so you think that bells argument was "4 games? think we could do something a little more friendly?!?" and the nfl said "now that you mention it, sure" and other players are ignoring that.

thats the common sense you are using?

no he lied and said he got a new phone. pretty easy to come up with an excuse like that for Dareus. especially since he's struggling with depression

is there a link confirming he has depression?

Not that I've seen

Edit: here's a link capturing a tweet from someone named "SarahWNY" stating that Dareus has talked about depression and seeing a psychiatrist & psychologist. But a tweet by someone we don't know nuts about, is not exactly a great source.

Edit 2: Ty Dunne article from 6 June 2016 detailing all the bereavements of close family members/friends Dareus has experienced and mentioning Dareus as being in a state of depression last year and working with a psychiatrist and psychologist to help him manage the death of friend this June.

Edited by Hopeful

as hopeful points out, if it was documented that he changed his number and properly alerted the league -- surely you see the difference.

if literally every missed test is going to be reduced simply because it was a missed test, they may as well change the standing policy. but thats not the case with bell, and until you tell me why its not the case with dareus, the discussion isnt really going anywhere.

How many chances does Bell get? Didn't he have a DUI + Marijuana possession charge reduced to 2 games last year?

Now a missed test reduced to 3 games this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000504287/article/leveon-bell-suspension-reduced-to-two-games

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000687567/article/leveon-bells-suspension-reduced-to-three-games

So maybe someone should tell us what Dareus is doing differently than Bell?

Edited by What a Tuel

@bytimgraham

Marcell Dareus has not checked into a rehab facility. He's receiving treatment locally while working out w/Bills and attending meetings.

I don't know what to think about this. On the one hand, apparently he has an established therapeutic relationship with a psychiatrist and psychologist locally, so it doesn't necessarily make sense to go elsewhere if there's an already established relationship of mutual trust. On the other hand, sometimes a new surrounding brings new perspective.

Isn't that outside the bounds of his suspension?

no, because non-PED substance abuse violators can do everything but practice and play in games. I think it's in new CBA. Nflpa wanted them to be around team rather than off on their own.

Edit - just saw no saint already answered

Edited by YoloinOhio

Isn't that outside the bounds of his suspension?

Depends upon what they mean by "working out". I believe he can't practice with the team or play, but he can attend meetings and use the workout facilities/trainers. "Short of attending practice or games, players suspended for substance abuse can do everything that eligible players can. That includes lifting weights, watching film, receiving treatment, sitting in on team meetings -- and chilling in the locker room."

was news to me too -- i had always discussed this as him being banished.

i feel slightly better having him in the facility

i learned this from one of the Josh Gordon suspensions - they kept talking about how good it was for him to not be banished from the team and facility.