So how long will it take for Dareus to get back to form?

Saxum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bell asserts he changed his phone number (and presumably, informed the league since his appeal had some success) but they were trying to contact him at his old number.

Don't think Marcell has any similar issue to raise.

And the dog ate my homework

Dude. Punctuation. Learn it. Use it. Embrace it.

After that, how do you know what Dareus is being treated for? You seem to be getting your knickers in a knot with a bunch of compounded assumptions (Dareus doesn't work well alone so he won't work out during rehab. Dareus won't have chosen a rehab facility capable of accommodating a pro-athlete level workout. Dareus won't be working out during rehab.)

Unless you have a butt-load of inside gouge, none of the above may be true. Worry about Dareus not being in shape if and when he comes back out of shape.

I never understood when people say "if and when". If it's a "when" involved, then wouldn't that eliminate the "if"?

And the dog ate my homework

as hopeful points out, if it was documented that he changed his number and properly alerted the league -- surely you see the difference.

if literally every missed test is going to be reduced simply because it was a missed test, they may as well change the standing policy. but thats not the case with bell, and until you tell me why its not the case with dareus, the discussion isnt really going anywhere.

as hopeful points out, if it was documented that he changed his number and properly alerted the league -- surely you see the difference.

if literally every missed test is going to be reduced simply because it was a missed test, they may as well change the standing policy. but thats not the case with bell, and until you tell me why its not the case with dareus, the discussion isnt really going anywhere.

Oh please. Bell changed his number and there's documented proof of that and the league messed up and called the wrong number and so Bell was suspended 2 games instead of 4? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If he changed his number and they called the wrong number his suspension would be 0 games. It would take 2 seconds to come up with a similar excuse for Dareus and probably a lot more believable

Oh please. Bell changed his number and there's documented proof of that and the league messed up and called the wrong number and so Bell was suspended 2 games instead of 4? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If he changed his number and they called the wrong number his suspension would be 0 games. It would take 2 seconds to come up with a similar excuse for Dareus and probably a lot more believable

So you're taking a stand against truth and facts ? Nice and bold.

So you're taking a stand against truth and facts ? Nice and bold.

I just have common sense. Someone from my work calls me at the wrong number to come in and I don't and the boss gets mad and suspends me without pay for 4 days and I say actually you called the wrong number I submitted my new number a while back and he says ok fine then you are suspended 2 days without pay instead of 4. You would just accept that as truth and facts and not make money for 2 days when it was their fault? Riiight. Sounds like a little white lie he told to get a reduced suspension. Nothing that the Bills couldn't have done with Dareus. 2 vs 4 games is a huge deal

I just have common sense. Someone from my work calls me at the wrong number to come in and I don't and the boss gets mad and suspends me without pay for 4 days and I say actually you called the wrong number I submitted my new number a while back and he says ok fine then you are suspended 2 days without pay instead of 4. You would just accept that as truth and facts and not make money for 2 days when it was their fault? Riiight. Sounds like a little white lie he told to get a reduced suspension. Nothing that the Bills couldn't have done with Dareus. 2 vs 4 games is a huge deal

Without knowledge of the actual circumstances or what was laid out in the appeal, I could see it being sort of like an accident investigation where each driver is found 50% responsible?

I have a feeling that Dareus won't be back to true form until 2017. He may come back at some point this season but it will take time for him to get into football shape. The Bills need a backup plan.

I think what you see is all the plan we got. We will see how the team does in the 1st 4 games or so.

Edited by Hopeful

I think it will be a wasted year for Dareus.

4 game suspension, when does he come back from re-hab? Maybe mid-point of the year? Out of game shape, and that is when players get hurt

One thing about him, he is treated well by this board for years, with little expectations, lots of sympathy

I think it will be a wasted year for Dareus.

4 game suspension, when does he come back from re-hab? Maybe mid-point of the year? Out of game shape, and that is when players get hurt

One thing about him, he is treated well by this board for years, with little expectations, lots of sympathy

it was reported that he is not expected to be in rehab any longer than his suspension.

I'm surprised to hear anyone express the belief he won't be in "game shape" and that it will be a "lost year". Any examples of other DTs who came back from 4 game suspension and that happened? Just last year I remember Sheldon Richardson and Derek Wolfe having strong seasons after 4 gamers. I don't know of Dareus will or won't but I don't have reason to assume that he wouldn't, I guess.

it was reported that he is not expected to be in rehab any longer than his suspension.

I had never heard a time line to his re-hab. That why I thought misses half season, then not in game shape, that's all for 2016

We'll see

Edited by MarkyMannn