Please explain peoples want to be the Browns

Generally I agree but an exception has to be made for Rex. He had no time between coaching stints and a string of failures with the Jets before trashing our defense last year. How many years do we expect it to take for him to succeed? It seems infinite.

It's been 1. 1 year. Not infinite. Some people are advocating giving him a 2nd year or possibly a 3rd. That, while longer than 1 year, is still not infinite.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bills (and browns) problems aren't that they are getting rid of people too soon (name one coach of theirs from the last decade that has gone on to be successful on another team after leaving the Bills or Browns)

The problem is that they aren't hiring the right people in the first place, and Rex is another regrettable move by this front office. You can keep him and his circus around hoping things change and he learns how to become a good head coach, or you get rid of him now and get someone in here now who can work with what they have before the entire roster gets turned over Gain cause they don't fit the only scheme he knows how to run.

As for the Bengals and Lewis, he continues to do well during the regular season, but when the games really count his teams fall flat on their face. Some, like bills fans right now may find it acceptable just to make the playoffs,but manyvsee the ultimate goal as winning a championship so anything short of that is failure

this is all that needs to be said

Failure is a tough word to throw around. Would you call a player who lost in the Super Bowl a failure to their face? I don't think you know what the word failure means. There is failure and there is falling short of your goals.

i, in fact have done this. I told them they failed, they didn't get the job done.

Failure is a tough word to throw around. Would you call a player who lost in the Super Bowl a failure to their face? I don't think you know what the word failure means. There is failure and there is falling short of your goals.

i, in fact have done this. I told them they failed, they didn't get the job done.

It's been 1. 1 year. Not infinite. Some people are advocating giving him a 2nd year or possibly a 3rd. That, while longer than 1 year, is still not infinite.

what about the 5 yrs before that 1 yr inspire you to think he knows his ass from the planet Jupiter?

what about the 5 yrs before that 1 yr inspire you to think he knows his ass from the planet Jupiter?

It does not matter....he has in fact been here.....as a bills HC......for one year.

The previous years do not matter because it was a different situation.

define failure. because Bills have NEVER won the super bowl.

lets just hang on to that and regrind it for years and years and years.

all the lofty goals not realized, and people are disappointed. sure I get that.

But continual degrading commentary and perspective about the current administration is just a tiresome. is there and end game here?

does any one win a prize for being right? Because it is super easy to pick the losers when only one can win.

Edited by 3rdand12

Of course!! If they had lost those two seasons, then it would have been on Rex, but since they won, then it's not on him

So using your argument, if Rex had won last year and team made the playoffs again it would have been because of the team he inherited. So since they lost with a team that wasn't his as you argue, then guess you can't blame him for the loss now either can you. Wasn't his team!

Weren't his playoff years his first two? Then the NFL OCs obsoleted his defense, he's failed to adjust and he has had a half decade of ineptitude. I certainly hope he adjusts and succeeds this year but I just don't see it.

Give me a break.

If the team makes the playoffs everyone will be happy.

I'd be happy to make a small friendly wager that if we make the playoffs and lose, someone here will spin it as a failed season. I've been here too long. I know how it works.

Of course!! If they had lost those two seasons, then it would have been on Rex, but since they won, then it's not on him

So using your argument, if Rex had won last year and team made the playoffs again it would have been because of the team he inherited. So since they lost with a team that wasn't his as you argue, then guess you can't blame him for the loss now either can you. Wasn't his team!

You are not interpreting correctly. My point is that he succeeded his first two years as a HC. He deserves credit for that. In the 5 years that followed his defense has been deciphered and obsoleted. He has not adjusted. He deserves criticism for that. If we had made the playoffs last year....or this year, then good for Rex. My scepticism in in his ability to,adjust.

I'd be happy to make a small friendly wager that if we make the playoffs and lose, someone here will spin it as a failed season. I've been here too long. I know how it works.

Won't be me.

There is enough 'chance' that the team can make the playoffs, but IMO NO chance they make, and win, the super bowl. Therefor this scenario is likely. It will be more than someone, it will be a contingent.

It does not matter....he has in fact been here.....as a bills HC......for one year.

The previous years do not matter because it was a different situation.

so. Under this belief that one year is all that matters. What did he do last year to make you believe?

id be happy just seeing the Bills play. Win a game or 10.. or 16...or 4.

But I won't be satisfied with anything else than everything we got. That's my own personal level of satisfaction. I see less talent and lower bar this year. If we make the playoffs this year than I would be happy

so. Under this belief that one year is all that matters. What did he do last year to make you believe?

Not a ton - but he did win 4 in the division including a meaningless week 17 game when we were already eliminated... Against a trendy playoff pick this year.

The Defense had some stinkers, but so did the Offense. Towards the end of the year they started to clean it up a bit - but were massively injured and the talent gap was occasionally very apparent.

There is enough 'chance' that the team can make the playoffs, but IMO NO chance they make, and win, the super bowl. Therefor this scenario is likely. It will be more than someone, it will be a contingent.

It will be the same contingent that has already declared this season a failure. There are certain people on this board who may not survive the Bills making the playoffs. They have so much of their identity tied up in the Bills not making the playoffs, I'm concerned for their emotional stability if they're not "right" about the Bills anymore.

Why do people want to go backwards with coaching every year?

I keep seeing on here that people think or want Rex and company to be fired by mid-season. Why? What good will that do?

I guess some people aren't sick of the playoff drought yet or something, because bringing a coach in every 2 years does nothing for winning, just look at the Cleveland Browns.

Bringing a new GM every 2 years doesn't help a team either for those DW haters.

Let's just see what these guys look under Hue Jackson before crucifying the revolving door that got him there.

The argument for and against regime change is no different than the conclusion of the chicken/egg argument.

Does lousey coaching and management lead to poor results and frequent change, or does frequent change cause poor results and the perception of lousey coaching and management.

Where is that coin I had sitting here...

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Was it deciphered and obsoleted or did he just not have the players that he had initially?

The other thing that I think may have effected him in NY, the last two years, Mike Pettine was gone as DC and DT took over as DC. Personally I think DT is pretty clueless, in that respect and glad to see Rob here as think he will basically take Rex's place at running the defense.

For Rex's defense to succeed the biggest star needs to be Rex himself, and last year Mario tried to over shadow him and just created a mess.

You are not interpreting correctly. My point is that he succeeded his first two years as a HC. He deserves credit for that. In the 5 years that followed his defense has been deciphered and obsoleted. He has not adjusted. He deserves criticism for that. If we had made the playoffs last year....or this year, then good for Rex. My scepticism in in his ability to,adjust.

Won't be me.

Rex's Defense wasn't the problem when he was losing for the Jets. He lost because of the offense. His fault, yes, but his defense wasn't some tire fire except for the last season.

He makes bad coaching decisions. He doesn't know how to handle an offense. He seems clueless how to instill discipline in a team without his players losing their edge.

There's many things to criticize Ryan for, but his defensive scheme is not one of them.

Edited by jeremy2020