Please explain peoples want to be the Browns

Why do people want to go backwards with coaching every year?

I keep seeing on here that people think or want Rex and company to be fired by mid-season. Why? What good will that do?

I guess some people aren't sick of the playoff drought yet or something, because bringing a coach in every 2 years does nothing for winning, just look at the Cleveland Browns.

Bringing a new GM every 2 years doesn't help a team either for those DW haters.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people want to go backwards with coaching every year?

I keep seeing on here that people think or want Rex and company to be fired by mid-season. Why? What good will that do?

I guess some people aren't sick of the playoff drought yet or something, because bringing a coach in every 2 years does nothing for winning, just look at the Cleveland Browns.

Bringing a new GM every 2 years doesn't help a team either for those DW haters.

Generally I agree but an exception has to be made for Rex. He had no time between coaching stints and a string of failures with the Jets before trashing our defense last year. How many years do we expect it to take for him to succeed? It seems infinite.

Generally I agree but an exception has to be made for Rex. He had no time between coaching stints and a string of failures with the Jets before trashing our defense last year. How many years do we expect it to take for him to succeed? It seems infinite.

I'd hardly call two out of six years in the playoffs a string of failures. If a coach succeeded every year, they'd never get fired i.e. Belichick. Gee maybe if Cleveland hadn't been so hasty to fire him they would have reaped the success themselves.

Thats all I hear is how he destroyed the defense, but what did the defense before that do? it wasnt good enough to get this team over the playoff hump.

It's certainly fair to give him more than one. Per usual, hyperbole gets the better of you.

IT's too early to fire a coach in 1.5 years. I get the Browns reference. I just want to see improvement his year. It's commonly accepted Tannenbaum over paid for people, then Idzick was a money guy and destroyed the Jets. Rex never Had a QB, and now in year 2 he has the coaches he wants, the players E thinks will work, and we'll see.

We can't fire a coach every 1-2 years. Just look at successful franchises. They hire and retain a great front office, have a good scouting Dept, and hire coaches and give him the time to build a team. I've been in sales Mgmt in medical devices for a very long time, and it takes time to build a top team. Sales is the ultimate competition as you are only as good as your last month or quarter.

IT's too early to fire a coach in 1.5 years. I get the Browns reference. I just want to see improvement his year. It's commonly accepted Tannenbaum over paid for people, then Idzick was a money guy and destroyed the Jets. Rex never Had a QB, and now in year 2 he has the coaches he wants, the players E thinks will work, and we'll see.

We can't fire a coach every 1-2 years. Just look at successful franchises. They hire and retain a great front office, have a good scouting Dept, and hire coaches and give him the time to build a team. I've been in sales Mgmt in medical devices for a very long time, and it takes time to build a top team. Sales is the ultimate competition as you are only as good as your last month or quarter.

The Bengals stuck with Marvin Lewis despite two seasons of 4-11-1 and 4-12. How'd that work out for them?