Vikings trade for Bradford

Kirby Jackson

Sheesh!

Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson 5m5 minutes ago

Hold the phone on #Eagles elevating Chase Daniel as starter. I'm hearing this trade is more about Carson Wentz moving up.

Honestly great move by the Iggles. Dump Bradford, get a 1st and plus back and start your rookie....

Bradford has made over $100 million in his career - unreal

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And please, folks, can we quit already with the completely uninformed speculation about what conversations did or didn't happen between the Vikings and Bills?

But but, my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Whaley on a cell phone at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it was pretty serious.

the Vikings called Whaley and said "we want EJ" and then everyone had a good laugh about it and then they said "just kidding, we aren't that desperate or stupid, we are going to give up a 1st and 4th for Sam Bradford."

Did they though? Shaun Hill has a 85 qb career rating. Bradford is at 81. Giving up a first for Bradford is crazy. I would maybe give up a 4th. Maybe. And there seems like there is a lot better than Bradford for that price.

Of course they did, look what the Vikings gave up.

I'm not denying what the Vikings gave up is crazy. It is. But when the Vikings came calling, they were apparently desperate, so the Eagles had them over a barrel.

Vikings were in a bad spot and everyone knew it. Bradford was probably the best option for Vikings. They paid a steep price but had to do it. Hill hasn't looked all that good the last couple years. At least they weren't dumb enough to trade for EJ.

Why is it that half of this thread is about berating EJ Manuel? I get that he was a 1st round draft choice at the all-important QB position and he did not live up to our hopes. League history is riddled with QBs drafted higher than Manuel who never made it. At least Manuel is a class act and works hard - he isn't a turd like Manziel and he doesn't really deserve the bashing that he receives on this board.

Time to let it go and get over it. Selecting EJ in the first round in that draft was a mistake - so were a lot of other players picked in the first that year.

Edited by OldTimer1960

Time to let it go and get over it. Selecting EJ in the first round in that draft was a mistake - so were a lot of other players picked in the first that year.

Plus the entire QB class of 2013 is lackluster. EJ, Geno, Glennon, and Landry Jones are the only ones to start a game. Glennon had some moments but overall that class was thoroughly meh

Plus the entire QB class of 2013 is lackluster. EJ, Geno, Glennon, and Landry Jones are the only ones to start a game. Glennon had some moments but overall that class was thoroughly meh

Most Qbs are meh. And Sam Bradford is the captain of Meh (shout out to Meh Cassel).

I still can't believe meh cost a 1st round pick.

Why does everyone say he is talented? Because he was a first round pick almost 10 years ago?

He looks fragile in his pads, doesn't have a special arm, and can't stay healthy. I swear when people talk about Bradford's talent, I feel like I'm huffing glue. I remember him being a guy people wanted here and it just blows my mind. His best quality is that he played for an elite college program.

That's pretty much it. Bradford has achieved more on his pedigree than his performance. And teams still line up to get abused!

Not sure Bradford is much of an upgrade over the ageless Hill. Doubt that Hill would have made it through a full season but no guarantee with Bradford either.

If Teddy is good to go next year Bradford won't be under centre for the Vikes and he doesn't fancy himself a backup.

Given that they are otherwise ready to challenge for a championship I understand the desperation but ....sheesh.

Will be interested to see how it turns out.

@adamcaplan

#Eagles are planning on starting Carson Wentz against the visiting #Browns if he's recovered enough from his rib injury, sources said.

Earth to Rams...

The only thing is in our overreacting society, those Qbs will get immediately written off as busts if they struggle (which 99% of rookie Qbs do).

I think they should start Case and Daniel until they are clearly not going anywhere. Philly will eat Wentz alive.

And this tweet is exactly how the trade talks went: https://mobile.twitter.com/_JohnGonz/status/772091571822956545

Edited by C.Biscuit97

The only thing is in our overreacting society, those Qbs will get immediately written off as busts if they struggle (which 99% of rookie Qbs do).

I think they should start Case and Daniel until they are clearly not going anywhere. Philly will eat Wentz alive.

And this tweet is exactly how the trade talks went: https://mobile.twitter.com/_JohnGonz/status/772091571822956545

Ow, stop twisting my arm, that hurts....